• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN42vn - Reflector Throw King

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

Even if it is "less bright" from the sphere but due to the more natural look a NW LED provides I bet in real world use you will probably see more of what you want to see and potentially further. Honestly 2k lumen NW is really really nice and anything higher is bonus.
I completely agree with you, on all lights!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

you guys knwo what's funny abotu beam tuning?

You get a bit of lumen you loose a bit of lux and vice versa Hahaha

Same goes with hot spot...a bit tigher hot spot = greater lux = pencil beam = nice numbers = more useless LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Who wants to loose bit lux for a larger hot spot?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Right. Max lux tuning. Forget the rest

drummer132132

Enlightened

Honestly I like the idea of useful aka not to crazy of a tight beam. How crazy of a tight beam are we talking here? Shouldn't it have a nice corona though even with a super tight beam?

I get the idea thats what a TK75vnQ/T6vn/TN40vnSpec4 are for in terms of larger hotspot but thats at the cost of reduced runtime on max output due to heat.

Last edited:

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

personally, i don't mind a tight hotspot on a thrower. My ec4gtvn is perfect for pointing at things and counting boxes on pallets 30ft high. every light has it's strong and weak points. besides, with lights at this kind of output, the spill is enough to illuminate everything within reasonable distances and the hotspot becomes the "focus of attention." When you are talking about crazy distances like blocks away, 1) you actually want a zoomable light as the spill is completely useless and it's light wasted and 2) most of us can't actually see details that far away anyways.

Anyhow, I'd like to see the tn42vn lean toward throw, even at the sacrifice of lumens because that's what it's made for. i'm willing to bet if vinh made a version with xpg2 pdt with 650 lumen and 1200k lux, it will move just as much as the xhp35 hi versions.

hopefully, the future will bring us lights that have insanely wide spills and a focused (or a "focusable"?)hotspot.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

dang, this thread hit 3 pages in 10 hours!

Sky

Newly Enlightened

Max lux for throw. You offer other lights for those that want a bigger hot spot. My opinion.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Forget it! We are already here. Lets just try DriverVNX2 and see what's up!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Sucks to be doing all the test with one sample. OK I quit for today. NO more testing until more samples come in. Which will be a while ...

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

you guys knwo what's funny abotu beam tuning?

You get a bit of lumen you loose a bit of lux and vice versa Hahaha

Same goes with hot spot...a bit tigher hot spot = greater lux = pencil beam = nice numbers = more useless LOL

This totally cracked me up... so funny... so true... so sad. Haha

drummer132132

Enlightened

Me. Don't make mine so tight that it becomes a pencil beam... not for numbers. And please make it neutral. Ok great! Has it shipped yet? :)

Haha I will basically be asking for the same idea :grin2: so now we wait:popcorn:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Larger hot spot... isn't that what the t6 and tn40 are for?
How's the tn42 compare to the k70 beam?

Since this will be the new throw record maker I'd think lux trumps all.

Agreed, to an extent. If the goal is record numbers then by all means... more power to ya. And I'd rather the beam be tighter than the T6vn too. I guess I'm just envisioning something somewhere in between a T6vn and a pencil.

I'll just order my TN42vn custom. :)

ProCharger

Enlightened

Me. Don't make mine so tight that it becomes a pencil beam... not for numbers. And please make it neutral. Ok great! Has it shipped yet? :)

3 weeks ago I would not have doubted Vinh having an auto debit account with your name on it setup for this exact situation. :nana: