• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN42vn - Reflector Throw King

andyprice44

Newly Enlightened
Re: TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

Hey guys,Been lurking around the forum for awhile, first post. Just want to say thanks to all those who contribute here and put information out to help make good decisions on future purchases. With that being said, I have been following these TN42 threads for awhile. I originally wanted an acebeam K70 and about the time I was going to purchase one, the TN42 was announced. I did some research and watched some beamshot comparison videos and decided to go with the TN42 instead. I just wanted to say I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I ended up going for the cool white version with the battery carrier and I am using the thrunight branded 18650. One review I read called the TN42 the .50cal of the flashlight world. I would agree with that description 100%. This thing is built like a tank and is the most powerful thrower I own. I have access to several large farms and this light is a true light cannon. I also predator hunt at night as this is legal in my state and this light makes it very easy to spot coyotes out to 7-800 yards. Previously my most powerful thrower was my Olight SR52UT which is a good light in it's own regard. Compared to the Olight, the TN 42 has a more focused beam and a brighter hot spot. I just wanted to chime in and tell those of you that are on the fence and are in need of a great searchlight/spotlight to grab one of these. I don't see how anyone could be dissapointed in the performance of this light. Andy

Capolini

Banned

^^^^^^

:welcome:....

Your stock version is certainly sufficient. This[TN42vn] is the Modified version which gives it even more power!

Normally VN lights double or triple the CD'S[Not throw].The gap has lessened Since the manufacturers are starting to use these HI[Dedomed] LED's in the last year or so.

The beauty of a Vinh modded light is not only more output, but better[additional] heat sinking and a variety of choices in regards to what tint you want, domed or dedomed, ect.

andyprice44

Newly Enlightened

I just wanted to post my impressions of the stock light as it is now. I have plans of sending mine off to Vinh to have work done to it. I just couldn't wait and ordered a stock one. I am excited to see what extra performance he can bring to this already awesome light.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just wanted to post my impressions of the stock light as it is now. I have plans of sending mine off to Vinh to have work done to it. I just couldn't wait and ordered a stock one. I am excited to see what extra performance he can bring to this already awesome light.
Amazing things will be coming your way from vinh. Great idea to send it to him:) make sure to take a picture somewhere before you send it then when the lights returns you'll see a huge difference!!

Capolini

Banned

^^^^

OG,,,,I am going to have to disagree with you In terms of the TN42[VN]. There will not be a "huge difference" in output increase on this light as the OP indicates.

It is a 10% gain in LUX[CD's] and a 12% gain in lumens.;)

I have some "VN" lights where the CD's[not throw!] are increased by 200% to 300%! EX: TK75vn and TK35vn.

For most other lights.yes,,,,,,,,,not this one as Thrunite and other manufacturers are starting to use these HI and other LED'S along with more current boost.Hence, they are catching up to Vinhs OUTPUT.

ven

Flashaholic

Its usually around $20 or $25 on top of price, can be a little more if a larger light.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

^^^^

OG,,,,I am going to have to disagree with you In terms of the TN42[VN]. There will not be a "huge difference" in output increase on this light as the OP indicates.

It is a 10% gain in LUX[CD's] and a 12% gain in lumens.;)

I have some "VN" lights where the CD's[not throw!] are increased by 200% to 300%! EX: TK75vn and TK35vn.

For most other lights.yes,,,,,,,,,not this one as Thrunite and other manufacturers are starting to use these HI and other LED'S along with more current boost.Hence, they are catching up to Vinhs OUTPUT.
Oh well there goes my sales pitch and extra 20% discount. :smiling:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I just got update from both my Hong Kong and US supplier that TN42 wont ship until early December ... I am sorry guys ... If anyone doesn't want to wait that long email me anytime for your refund. I will build and ship to exact order date in line though. Thanks

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

I'm actually glad that this one's not on the Biggest of the Year Thanksgiving Sale. It would be difficult to resist. I know, I'm weak but hey, it's the TN42VN.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got update from both my Hong Kong and US supplier that TN42 wont ship until early December ... I am sorry guys ... If anyone doesn't want to wait that long email me anytime for your refund. I will build and ship to exact order date in line though. Thanks

I am curious, will at least one ask for a refund? :)

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure everyone figures it's worth the wait.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

refund?? that "in line" comment made me want to preorder one as soon as i bounce back from the thanksgiving sale!

Ginodario

Newly Enlightened

Hi

Any news regarding the release af the TN42VN? Does any know where in Europe it can be bought at the time?

Best Regards
Gino