• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
So now all I need to know is will I still have a nice moonlight mode and which LED will be the brightest and make me super popular with the ladies.

No, XPL, Nichia
you will need 3 lights, one for moonlight, one for medium with high CRI to make the ladies think your skin is sexy, and one for high with max brightness.

1. I call anything below 1 lumen moonlight. No version of the Tool has moonlight. Olight i3s has a nice 0.50 Low, it is a personal favorite. Another option with a moonlight is the Thrunite TiS, but at 0.04 I find it essentially useless, too low for my needs
2. The brightest is the XPL. But it will make ladies look like zombies due to the low CRI.
3. To make a Womans skin glowing and sexy, you need High CRI. IMO the stock Tool with 4000K Nichia 219B Rules!

Now for the sleeper
ReyLight Tool with Nichia gives beautiful high CRI light, with a 0.80 low. The medium is just OK at about 16 lumens, and the high is pathetic, at 80 lumens. ReyLight Tools start on Low first, and the low is about 3x lower than on a stock Tool with Nichia. Stock Tools start on Medium first, which I find very practical, but the low is 3 lumens with a Nichia, or 5 lumens with an XPG2.. None are what I would call moonlight..

BUT, moonlight is below the color perception threshold of our eyes.. if you want a sexy light, the 3 Lumen low of the stock Nichia Tool will make her skin look sexier than a sublumen moonlight, of any LED.

otoh, this is Vinhs thread, he specializes in Bright, not high CRI. Which brings me back to… you will need more than 1 light :)

and btw, copper kills germs, but I think a lady would be more impressed by the bling of Titanium, as in the latest Tool...

So, your suggested shopping list now contains
1. moonlight One or more, Olight i3s
2. sexylight One or more, Copper or Titanium Tool with Nichia
3. brightlight One or more, Copper ToolVN with XPL

Last edited:

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Very good then.

2 lumen low should work out fine for taking the dogs out and not waking the wife.

So I need Copper with the V6 LED. Email is the preferred method for ordering or your website?

Forgot to add. Jon you are a strange duck.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very good then.

2 lumen low should work out fine for taking the dogs out and not waking the wife.

So I need Copper with the V6 LED. Email is the preferred method for ordering or your website?

Forgot to add. Jon you are a strange duck.

Use either,email or website. The drivervnx2 is awesome on this light , you will love it. Look into a more neutral tint as it is still very bright for its size, will be a lot nicer on the eye when walking the dog(and in general) 4500-5000k would be perfect.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon you are a strange duck.
you catch on quicker than most Harley :)

left to right, all lights on High, on a folded piece of printer paper
3000K XPG 60 lumens, 4000K N219b 80 lumens, 6000K XPG2 132 lumens, 6000K XPL 162 lumens
IMG_2030.JPG

daytime in my kitchen left to right
custom XPG Maratac, N219 Worm, stock XPG2 Maratac, XPL Thrunite TiXmas (on tool body):
IMG_2026.JPG

same lights on the deerskin, which one do you think looks sexy?:)
IMG_2023.JPG

Youre off to a good start with a ToolVN
next you need a Tool with N219 :), and an Olight i3s.. LOL!
IMG_9856.JPG

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Now you guys have me rethinking my decision to get the V6 LED and maybe it is time for some 219C in my life.

As for the I3S I am way ahead of you. This is a pocket dump picture from my last deployment to Afghanistan it has to be two years ago now. Honestly the I3 has been mostly replaced with my SWM V11R which comes to think of it needs some V modifications.

Forgot to ask how many lumens do you think I would lose going with the 219 instead of the V6?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Even as an example of 700lm with the v6 and 500lm with the 219c(just an example here, not exact!) the 200lm difference is a very slight bump.........For it to look twice as bright, it takes around 4 times the lumens.

The 219c tint will make the colours look nice, not as washed out as cooler tints. More pleasing on the eye...........

As what ever LED you choose, other than a short burst, you will probably find 15% or 25% more than enough for general uses! So you might as well benefit from a nice tint over a cooler tint imo. Even more so for your uses like walks etc:)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
how many lumens do you think I would lose going with the 219 instead of the V6?

about 33% of the lumens would be traded for a 33% increase in CRI (red rendering) when going from a 6000K XPL LED at 70CRI to a 4000K N219B LED at 92CRI..

or 17% when going to 5000K, for a commensurate increase of 17% in CRI to about 82CRI for a 5000K N219C

Thank you for your service.. you deserve one of these also (and it will lego with your ToolVN head for silent flash operation)
IMG_6902.JPG

IMG_9837.JPG

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

This is just the start......................in the world of vinh, a great start too! :thumbsup:

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
:laughing:

This is just the start......................in the world of vinh, a great start too! :thumbsup:

The Pocket Thrower does look pretty handy for work and the SL2 would be great for my EDC backpack.......

Just got a M61N Malkoff in the mail and the 4k tint is very nice for colors. Might go with the 219C when I order.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pocket Thrower does look pretty handy for work and the SL2 would be great for my EDC backpack.......

My TX25Cvn (XPG2 PDT @5000K) throws so far it defies the laws of physics!

And my SL2 triple (XPL PDT @5000K) will light up the entire forest with smooth, even light.

I can't imagine needing more than these two lights on a hiking trip.

ven

Flashaholic

Just got a M61N Malkoff in the mail and the 4k tint is very nice for colors. Might go with the 219C when I order.

:thumbsup: looks like you have done your research:cool:

Certainly nice to have a few tint choices and light options(throw/flood and bit of each etc).

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Got my ToolVn not too long ago, and every other light I've got has been rendered a paperweight. This thing is gorgeous.

Got the XP-L Hi 4000k, and it's a gorgeous tint with a fantastic beam.

I've got one more on order, this time with the 219C, as well as a pair of S1Vn lights with the same combo of LEDs.

Really top notch stuff, so insanely impressed.

d06698d7dac70f2a8e20fc5279bff285.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Everyone loves this light. I don't even carry it anymore. Let us know when you lose it! :p

Got my ToolVn not too long ago, and every other light I've got has been rendered a paperweight. This thing is gorgeous.

Got the XP-L Hi 4000k, and it's a gorgeous tint with a fantastic beam.

I've got one more on order, this time with the 219C, as well as a pair of S1Vn lights with the same combo of LEDs.

Really top notch stuff, so insanely impressed.

d06698d7dac70f2a8e20fc5279bff285.jpg

J-mosh

Newly Enlightened
I have been carrying mine everyday since October. I'd cry if I lost it. At some point I want to get the copper and ti and probably another aluminum too!

Last edited: