• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Yes, same here in the UK, you would be a Pajero in spain! little did Mitsubishi know...........

Wendee

Enlightened
Update: Using ketchup is MUCH easier and better than the lemon juice! No rubbing and no need to get the paper towel into the tight spaces. I just slathered the light in ketchup, let it sit for one minute, then rinsed. It's so shiny! From now on, I'm using ketchup! :twothumbs

ven

Flashaholic
Will try that next time i decide to polish the prince and cryos bezel(latter is a pita due to all the fins so hopefully will do great)

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting, I would never have thought to use ketchup to polish copper.

VNguyen

Enlightened
maybe the spring has lost tension and is not putting enough pressure on the contact?
try to increase the spring tension by stretching it out, or put in a double spring?

The spring has plenty of tension I just checked. The positive on these efest 10440 is almost leveled with the wrapper and I think the wrapper sometimes make contact instead of the positive. I hope I make any sense. Sorry I have really bad explaining skill

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spring has plenty of tension I just checked. The positive on these efest 10440 is almost leveled with the wrapper and I think the wrapper sometimes make contact instead of the positive. I hope I make any sense. Sorry I have really bad explaining skill

I had the same happen on a few of my lights, it ended up being the top of the 10440 battery, I put a different battery in and it worked fine. Try another battery if you have one, or get one for a spare and try it.

VNguyen

Enlightened
I had the same happen on a few of my lights, it ended up being the top of the 10440 battery, I put a different battery in and it worked fine. Try another battery if you have one, or get one for a spare and try it.

Do they make button top 10440? Because all the efest 10440 that I have are flat tops and every one of them I tested does this. The positive end on the toolvn is also flat so this might be where the problem is.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they make button top 10440? Because all the efest 10440 that I have are flat tops and every one of them I tested does this. The positive end on the toolvn is also flat so this might be where the problem is.
Ok, maybe this will help. I have 2 TOOLvn lights, 1 with efest 10440, 1 with kinko 10440.
Efest has very "slight button top"
61cfc214cfef4b96a5ceb1e03768d71a.jpg

Kinko has "slight button top"
7788dde50be8ace07afb2e7c550d3afd.jpg

The TOOLvn on top is the one I had trouble with, never had trouble with the other one. I have several efest 10440 batteries and just swapped out till it liked one. But I would say the battery is for sure your problem.
f43285dc11e0dfe8b2ab0eb0c98bf080.jpg
e3c33578e354cb0fdc6e0ea06236e93c.jpg

VNguyen

Enlightened
Ok, maybe this will help. I have 2 TOOLvn lights, 1 with efest 10440, 1 with kinko 10440.
Efest has very "slight button top"
61cfc214cfef4b96a5ceb1e03768d71a.jpg

Kinko has "slight button top"
7788dde50be8ace07afb2e7c550d3afd.jpg

The TOOLvn on top is the one I had trouble with, never had trouble with the other one. I have several efest 10440 batteries and just swapped out till it liked one. But I would say the battery is for sure your problem.

I noticed one of your toolvn has the solder blob to the positive and the other one doesn't. Was the solder done by vinh? It looks like work from steady hands. Thanks for replying mikeB

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed one of your toolvn has the solder blob to the positive and the other one doesn't. Was the solder done by vinh? It looks like work from steady hands. Thanks for replying mikeB

Yes, this is how the lights were received.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, maybe this will help. I have 2 TOOLvn lights

The TOOLvn on top is the one I had trouble with, never had trouble with the other one.

BAM! Now thats the way to answer a question with skill and clarity. No longwinded explanations and confusing technical terminology. Just clear photographic evidence!

Your posting style Rocks!
Respect

Last edited:

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
BAM! Now thats the way to answer a question with skill and clarity. No longwinded explanations and confusing technical terminology. Just clear photographic evidence!

Your posting style Rocks!
Respect

Thanks, just trying to help.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you all know that if you put your copper flashlight in ketchup it cleans it up to its original shine. Saw a cpf post somewhere, tried it, and my copper tool looks like the day I got it. No lie! I left mine in a zip lock bag with just enough ketchup to cover it for maybe 3 hours. :twothumbs

Wendee

Enlightened
Did you all know that if you put your copper flashlight in ketchup it cleans it up to its original shine. Saw a cpf post somewhere, tried it, and my copper tool looks like the day I got it. No lie! I left mine in a zip lock bag with just enough ketchup to cover it for maybe 3 hours. :twothumbs

I just tried this today too (see post #634 above). Mine was shiny after only one minute but I polish mine every few weeks, so it was just 'dull' looking (not a heavy patina) before I put the ketchup on. I'm sure the older/darker the patina, the longer you'd have to leave the ketchup on. I'm using ketchup from now on, it's so easy! Oh, I didn't put the light in a ziplock, I just left it on top of a paper towel on the counter. Worked great! :thumbsup:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does lemon juice. I use lemon juice on my Lumintop Copper tool and it works really well and it's nearly instant results (about 20 seconds to polish the light). I found out about using lemon juice via Google (and Martha Stewart, lol). I pour lemon juice on a small area of a paper town and wipe the flashlight, then I do a quick rinse under running tap water and dry with a clean paper towel (I take the battery out before cleaning, just in case). I find copper patina just looks old and dirty so I always keep my copper Tool polished. I'm curious to try both the ketchup and vinegar methods to see which of the three methods works the best (ketchup method looks kind of messy though). Thanks for the tip :)

Awesome!! Thanks Jon and Wendee. I will try this on my Maratac AAA which as Wendy says looks old and disgusting. Then will be Toolvn. However, my E14 is stil super shiny. Someone said there is a protective coating on there. Anyone know what it is??

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried this today too (see post #634 above). Mine was shiny after only one minute but I polish mine every few weeks, so it was just 'dull' looking (not a heavy patina) before I put the ketchup on. I'm sure the older/darker the patina, the longer you'd have to leave the ketchup on. I'm using ketchup from now on, it's so easy! Oh, I didn't put the light in a ziplock, I just left it on top of a paper towel on the counter. Worked great! :thumbsup:

Super duper! I knew I read about it somewhere, I guess it was actually this thread. :ohgeez:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is getting long in the tooth, but after picking one up a couple months ago, it has become one of my favorites and most used today. So small, so powerful, so handy. Just a great design.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is getting long in the tooth, but after picking one up a couple months ago, it has become one of my favorites and most used today. So small, so powerful, so handy. Just a great design.

I agree, it's a stayer. The TX25Cvn is another older light that seems to be timeless. Both are unique without being odd. They are also unsurpassed for output to size ( one lumen and the other lux), which helps a lot no doubt!