• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's a lot of copper for such a tiny light. But this is what I look for in Vinh's designs, because any powerful light without good heat management isn't of much value. And since heat comes with power, balancing the two is where this becomes art.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I also want to add that XPG2 S4 on copper push out a good amount of output, great throw and control heat very well. An option for those interested in a change order.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's a lot of copper for such a tiny light. But this is what I look for in Vinh's designs, because any powerful light without good heat management isn't of much value. And since heat comes with power, balancing the two is where this becomes art.

I have never put this much copper in a AAA size light before. I really think it helps a lot. The light can run non stop on max although it will very very hot at one point.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would also be interested in the pros & cons of these emitters in this host.

Flood, throw, heat.... It will make your head spin, but that's exactly what is so exciting about a custom light!

Walmart has its customers and Vinh has his.
;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just tested XPG2 dome on VS XPL HI.

XPL is definitely the way to go. XPL HI has more lumen ~130 more OTF lumen and it also throw more.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Have not tried XPG2 PDT to see if the extra throw is worth it though...But XPL HI does seem like a winner.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal money sent.

Tool VN XP-L Hi 6000K - $55

Engraving - $5

International Shipping - $7

Triple copper HS - $20

Driver VN2 - $35

Total - $122 US Dollars