Top 5 AAA keychain flashlights of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Agree with choombak and others about the peaks. Especially the single mode without qtc. Never a question of if they will work or not and they are bomb proof. I have a t01 in the mail and looking forward to that as well.
I have a ton of aaa lights, they are so convenient and bright enough for nearly any use.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. Two days ago a friend gave me their Ti3 in neutral white they weren't using. I had one a while back but forgot how good they are. Like you said bright enough for nearly any use. We just rescued a dog yesterday so all my lights are being tested out as dog walkers and nighttime backyard potty break lights. Tonight I'll see how the Ti3 does. I just put two layers of scotch tape on the lens to smooth it out and give it more flood. I was intrigued by WebHobbits flood\throw thread and have been playing around with diffusing some of my lights.
Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr
Agree with choombak and others about the peaks. Especially the single mode without qtc. Never a question of if they will work or not and they are bomb proof. I have a t01 in the mail and looking forward to that as well.
I have a ton of aaa lights, they are so convenient and bright enough for nearly any use.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
1-3) PK PL 2 black, silver, rainbow
4) Maglite Solitaire LED
5) the Microstream.

Why?
Because the 2 way microstream clip fits all of them.

Honorary mention:
The Rayovac Essentials 1aaa. At $3 for 3 lumens it's (possibly) the brightest 3 lumen flashlight ever made. Seriously. 14 hour run time is not unusual and if you can get past the blue ring around the cornea from the magnifier lens it easily lights your path for 20-25 feet in low light. Fits a shirt pocket like a Fisher space pen.

Last edited:

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
I got the neutral t01 how was the beam and tint before you taped it?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have quite a few AAA lights, including all 5 mentioned above. My all time favorite is the stainless steel Four Seven's Preon Revo, but since it is not manufactured anymore...I also can't mention my all time favorite by Steve Ku, the Quantum DD. So for 2017...or the Nitecore TIP hi CRI(not a AAA, but an awesome light). I would put the Four Seven's Copper Preon 1 on the list(the Mini is an awesome light but too big for me to consider a keychain light). The blue Titanium tool is a definite contender. The Surefire Titan Plus has been as dependable as my other Surefires(I have an awesome leather holster for my Victorinox Rescue knife that has a side pouch that the Titan Plus fits in perfectly. I love Copper, but I would put my aluminum Tool has a magnetic tailcap that really adds to the utility. I also have to have a Prometheus (Dark Sucks) QR V2 on the list(either the Copper or Brass version-3modes)...

puglife

Newly Enlightened
I own a lot of AAA flashlights and every time I shop for new lights I find myself looking for the AAA flashlights first!

Am not sure why? Maybe because of the size and the look.

Anyway Here's my Top 5 AAA keychain lights of 2017.

1. Maratac aaa Copper nichia REV 4

2. Lumintop Tool aaa Titanium/Copper nichia

3. Jetbeam Jet U aaa Aluminum

4. Olight i3E EOS aaa Copper

5. Surefire Titan plus

So what you guys think.

No Thrunite Ti3 ?! :tsk:

edpmis02

Enlightened
I picked up a few Lumintop Worms for $10 each. best bang for the buck that I have found and a choice of colors.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tool ti is great. Bought 2, and istalled a neutral xp-l hi in one, and a xq-e hi in the other. I like the xq-e hi emitter the most. Turns that tool ti into a aaa thrower. Best throwing singe aaa light i got. The vollsion sp-11 is also a great little aaa light. Unusual ui, head tight for off. loosen it and you get low first, loosen more and you get high. And it got a trit installed. In this light i installed a warm xp-l hi. Love it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The tool ti is great. Bought 2, and istalled a neutral xp-l hi in one, and a xq-e hi in the other. I like the xq-e hi emitter the most. Turns that tool ti into a aaa thrower. Best throwing singe aaa light i got. The vollsion sp-11 is also a great little aaa light. Unusual ui, head tight for off. loosen it and you get low first, loosen more and you get high. And it got a trit installed. In this light i installed a warm xp-l hi. Love it.

Awesome-ness!! :twothumbs

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Manker E02 is a nice light from this year.

The other 1AAA light that I carry is the Factor Equipment Mizpah 130, but I got it in 2016. It has a great two-way clip that is great clipped on a hat brim for hands-free use.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I got a few nextorch K1 on a cyber Monday deal super cheap for gifts. It gets an honorable mention. Keeping one for myself and giving the others as gifts. Take off that stupid S clip and just put it on the key ring. I'll have to see if battery life is as good as the i3E from olight. It does throw better than the i3E. I shall see how it stacks up.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
I like my Stainless Steel Ultratac K18 with 10440. Not perfect, but better than a non 10440 or a twisty. Love the side click, but there could be some improvements to the UI, ie turn off strobe and easier lockout/unlock, and a 5000K option.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I haven't bought a AAA light in a while, but just yesterday received a Maratac Aluminum 1xAAA Rev. 5, with Nichia LED. I can't imagine a 1xAAA light I would like more than this one. I even like that the mode order is M-L-H.

This is my first Maratac light - and it's definitely a winner for me. It will be my 1st back-up light, although I'm not giving up my Nitecore TIP.

Nichia!

Banned
I haven't bought a AAA light in a while, but just yesterday received a Maratac Aluminum 1xAAA Rev. 5, with Nichia LED. I can't imagine a 1xAAA light I would like more than this one. I even like that the mode order is M-L-H.

This is my first Maratac light - and it's definitely a winner for me. It will be my 1st back-up light, although I'm not giving up my Nitecore TIP.

Try the Copper it's awesome:)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will throw I here. Only very good single AAA light I have. It came with one of my other recent Olights I think. Olight i3EOS. Stick a fresh Energizer L92 Ultimate Lithium AAA in it and output out of the FIRST key chain AAA light worth having on my already heavy key chain goes up quite visibly. Great stuff.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Try the Copper it's awesome:)

I'm seeing that opinion a lot on the boards lately - I'd like to, but I've been avoiding copper lights due to the need to watch the weight of what I carry. Of course, I could justify it for use at home....but I must resist after going on an unprecedented flashlight spending binge this week (I found out about the Emisar D4 and couldn't help myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.