• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I just tweeked the levels of my light. Programing makes this drop in so useful and fun.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do we use the 222 pin code or... ? I assume that means two short half presses... pause one second... repeat... pause again... then two more half presses, holding the last for one second then full click. All while holding the light close to your cell phone.

Ok where have I gone wrong???

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do we use the 222 pin code or... ? I assume that means two short half presses... pause one second... repeat... pause again... then two more half presses, holding the last for one second then full click. All while holding the light close to your cell phone.

Ok where have I gone wrong???

Ok, let's get it into programming first. You're on the right track, but there's never any holding involved. Its kinda like this:

bump bump (that's a double-half-press) > pause 1 sec > bump bump > pause 1 sec > bump bump > pause 1 sec > fully click on.

Now it should be glowing the secondary color. If you sit still for a few seconds that secondary emitter will start to flash out your serial number and you'll know for sure that its' ready to program. There's no rush here, it's just waiting.

Now on your computer, you can click the "Program" button and wait for the green box to pop up. Hold the head of your light up to that green box and let it go through all the black/white flashes. When it goes back to a green box, glance at the face of your light. If the secondary emitter has gone out, then it worked! Power off the light and it should come back on with its new programming. If the secondary emitter didn't go out, something went wrong. Just wait for a green box again, hold the light up and let it run through again. It'll keep repeating until you cancel it, so you can try many times if needed.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
^ Great tips!

One more

This is not a real time process. The web site can be started on flashing and wait hours for the light to show up. So too, v5 can be placed into prog mode and wait hours to be placed near the flashing screen.

So think of them as separate steps, joined together only when both are ready.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Announcement

We are restarting v5 drop in sales this week, here are the details:

WHEN
Friday, March 24 - early afternoon pacific time (after lunch)

WHAT
XPL RD + Red only
Additional options will be added through the year
They will be posted alone and attached to custom lights

HOW
All stock will be released in a single batch
No purchase restrictions are in effect
Some orders may ship this weekend

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What is the optic? Flood or throw
All optics are narrow, we probably won't be doing more floods, which can be added at the lens with most hosts.

What is hidden medium? I see it in the drop down menu on the product page.
Its a tactical specific configuration. You have a high runtime reduced mode of say 1000L but its hidden far enough to avoid accidental activation during momentary heavy uses. It can be added to any v5 setup and looks something like this:

v5hidden4th.png

Last edited:

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I am having a weird behavior as of late with my drop in. When high is set on level 30 or 31 I am only getting about 10-15 seconds of run time before the light turns off. I am using a 18350 eFest purple. The voltage was just over 4v. When I drop down to level 23 the light will run for over 20 minutes until the cell drops to 3.5v.

What am I doing wrong?

ETA: I had the wrong battery in my post. I am using 18350 eFest purple. The battery says discharge current 7A/10.5A.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yeah, thats a lot to ask from a 16mm. Even AW before the 2016 update would not be up for it. Minimally try the same setup with larger sells but also consider ordering fresh AW 15C (8A) 16340.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I did some more testing last night. Above 4.0 volts the higher modes will run until the battery drops below 4.0 volts which is a few minutes. The 18350 Efest seems to perform better than the 18500 AW.

Either way, it sounds like this behavior is battery related and I may need to dial high back a little. I am also ready to jump on a 65mm body so I can run 2 cells.

Thanks all!

Latest posts