• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for the reply

Both flashlights were purchased within one month, ordered exactly the same, have the same serial numbers on the engine what checked by flashing the code. I would guess that means they are the same.

This should not be possible, as serial numbers are meant to be unique

Oilguy

Newly Enlightened

I thought that it was strange that the "engines" both blinked the same 6 digit #'s and on the page it said batch, not necessarily in my mind meaning a unique serial number for that head. I was surprised they both blinked the same numbers.

I did go and program the lamp as directed to the oveready settings clicking on the blue arrow and then the Oveready choice. The advanced settings on the Overready choice only has the choices that address the temperature and time out adjustment open. It leaves the choices for maximum windows for one or two batteries at no change. My suspicions are that those settings somehow are not where they should be but I am not able to change them. The flashlight is still appearing to be not as bright as the other light. I have many Overready lights and this is the only one that I have had any trouble with. My guess is that since the lux program has its own perimeters this one flashlight will have to be programmed by an expert and then tried. It is hard to explain such a simple issue . I have a very nice pocket peakled flashlight with one 10440 battery that almost performs as bright as this difficult one that is supposed to be 3 1/2 times as bright. The other identical flashlight brightens and entire room considerably more than this identical flashlight. I have run them both on the same program and it still does not change the brightest setting for the two batteries to shine as bright as the other. All settings are exactly the same, batteries the same and for some strange reason the heads have the same serial numbers.

Again trying to make myself as clear as possible, if my flashlight somehow had the advanced settings changed by accident and I continue trying to reprogram it with that window saying "No Changes" I will never be able to have it reset to the highest "33" overboost setting for the two batteries.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I will just wait until I hear back from Dan at Overready and suspect I will have to send the head back. Communication by writing and no verbal communication seems to be the part lacking here. I think a 30 second phone conversation would clear up the confusion .

Have a great weekend and thanks for the help.

scout24

Flashaholic
This may sound silly, but did you try the cells out of your bright light in the one that's not as bright?

locklin

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I just received my drop in this week, I was just playing with the programming page and I think I damaged my drop in, I can't turn on my light at the moment, It just flashes very bright for a fraction of a second and then goes to red LED. Can't even go to program mode as that behavior is all it does.

Is there anyway to reset the drop in?

locklin

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure what that means... I put the light into programming mode. All seems well. Then I put the light up to the screen and run the optical program. The low red led disappears. I power off the light. Then I power it on at which point the light goes white-red. The white is on for a fraction of a second and the the bright red immediately turns on and stays on.

What should I do?

Sounds like bounce is set to high. PMing instructions...

This is exactly my problem, only thing is I can't go into programing mode again to reset to factory defaults. Would you please send me instructions as well? Thanks!

Oilguy

Newly Enlightened
This may sound silly, but did you try the cells out of your bright light in the one that's not as bright?

Good question about the batteries. Yes I did switch the batteries and have many sets of them which are as high quality that I can get at the current time. I have heard from Overready and think the issue will be solved. I had sent actual test patterns and outputs in specific settings . They get it and I am very optimistic about the resolution.

Thanks again for all of your help.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I'm sure you didn't damage it. First, wipe the lens since a perfectly placed smudge can activate the bounce feature. If that doesn't work, check your bounce sensitivity settings and make sure they are not too high. You can still enter programming by ignoring the bounce activation and just go by the usual sequence of on/off as if your eyes were closed.

locklin

Newly Enlightened
I removed the lens completely and cleaned the drop in as good as I can so I think is not a smudge. I'm sure I set the sensitivity too high as that's the last thing I was trying. I've been trying to go into programming mode but haven't been able to reprogram the light so far, after doing the sequence (2-2-2) the low red won't come on (it stays bright red) and it won't receive the program.

Anyway, I'll keep trying. Thanks!!

Edit: It worked! in my frustration I'm sure I wasn't following the correct timing, I just relaxed a little, went to get some food and when I got back I reprogrammed it.

Thanks!

Awesome drop in by the way!!

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Edit: It worked! in my frustration I'm sure I wasn't following the correct timing, I just relaxed a little, went to get some food and when I got back I reprogrammed it.

Great job! Increasing the delay between 2 pairs is the most recommended solution. Other options include trying 112 pin (if changed) and closing your eyes (as already recommended)

They are technically batch numbers but luxrc is russian so doesn't get the full meaning of 'serial number'. Builds on the same day with different LEDs would have slightly different build numbers so identical numbers indicates identical everything, including primary LED and secondary color.

I have a brand new Boss 70 and can not seem to get it to program to the highest setting. I am thinking that I may have somehow changed the advanced settings accidentally. Is that even possible?

This sounds correct, like your account somehow has advanced settings enabled and the governor has been set to a lower maximum level. Its also possible there is an issue elsewhere in the hardware chain, like the safety system is preventing another issue. But that would start at full power then quickly drop.

EM sent with troubleshooting steps and master program override link

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... They are technically batch numbers but luxrc is russian so doesn't get the full meaning of 'serial number'. Builds on the same day with different LEDs would have slightly different build numbers so identical numbers indicates identical everything, including primary LED and secondary color....

Interesting, and good to know - thanks

Oilguy

Newly Enlightened
In reference to the following post by Peter:

Dear Peter,

I deleted the entire post but I wish you would have read it a little closer and compared it to the post preceding it.

The post I was responding to was a combination of 3 replies to 3 different comments. I could not figure out how to have just the one I wanted to respond to alone show in the automatic quote window. Therefore I merely deleted the other two and left the one I wanted to reply too and again, at that time the quote window went poof. Again this made the little quote window disappear so I put quotes in front and at the original comment directly from the forum post. No where did I post the private email.

The forum was helpful and offered some suggestions to help me try to resolve my original issue and I appreciate all of the well meaning suggestions.

Sorry for any confusion and hopefully I will have no more questions or need to post again.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for your guide, the CPF isn't keen on you reposting Private Emails....

Reposting Private Communications

It is not appropriate for any member of CandlePowerForums to post and/or quote in the open forums any part of a private communication that is authored by someone other than themselves. This includes, but is not limited to, emails and private messages. Private communications, for these purposes defined as anything that is not originally posted in the open forums, are just that - private. The author has a reasonable expectation of it remaining so. CandlePowerForums honors and respects that and unless there are certain exigent circumstances (determined by a member of the CPF staff), you will be asked to remove the material in question and/or it will be removed for you by a member of the CPF staff. Depending on the severity and/or repetitiveness of the offense, posting privileges can be removed temporarily or permanently.

You might want to paraphrase it and edit your post.
P

Oilguy

Newly Enlightened
All is good now and all is fixed. This Boss 70 is the most comfortable carry flashlight with a great feel and keeps me aware of all kinds of wild life in the fields and woods around my home. It also is so handy on a daily basis more times than you could ever imagine. It is truly a masterpiece .

:clap::clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts