• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
So has anyone yet turned off the bounce feature and tried to replicate the video? Just curious if it's really possible and how long does it really take? And of course - safety first.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
So has anyone yet turned off the bounce feature and tried to replicate the video? Just curious if it's really possible and how long does it really take? And of course - safety first.

Well I posted something (shorter repost here) that I thought was too far off topic, deleted post & I thing EG might have totally deleted it.

But since you brought it up..., imagine a 5.6A quad in this OR 6P, on high, I pulled it out and opened it up just as it was hitting it's thermal shutdown (know this because it wouldn't turn on for the next 30 minutes), It was HOT.

Let's just say I would have REALLY like to have had the bounce feature. I started locking out the FETtie after that..., which okay I have this high amp capable clickie which I am now going to twist every time I go to click it on.... - BUT NOW I HAVE A TRIPLE WITH BOUNCE FEATURE.

(OR orange cerakote 6P, VanIsleDSM Quad, FETtie, Conceleco open bottom holster)

DSC00021-M.jpg

I took a photo later, safety first. I won't be trying that again...

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Perhaps a pre-release sign up guaranteeing ones purchase? :poke: Or would that be too problematic to fill the orders? I can see with all the different choices offered how this might be more trouble than you'd want to take on.

~ Chance

The issue with pre-orders has already been covered. :dedhorse:

I nearly lit a comforter on fire with the old V4 Sean. :D Lucky I caught it before it flashed over. The video shows the engine in Lux-RC's fixed lighting housing but the effect would be the same. If someone wants to make a video with their new V5 I say go for it. :poof:

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
No worries. Didn't intend to offend. [emoji6] Just wanted to indicate that this been discussed several times and is actually covered in the Q&A sticky.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried it on mine via my phone and it's not taking. Both with the case on and off. Both directly on the screen and held ever so slightly above. I gave up. I'll do it at work again tomorrow as it did work on Monday. I know some have had success with Apple phones, any Android attempts?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried it on mine via my phone and it's not taking. Both with the case on and off. Both directly on the screen and held ever so slightly above. I gave up. I'll do it at work again tomorrow as it did work on Monday. I know some have had success with Apple phones, any Android attempts?

Did you adjust the phone's screen brightness?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you adjust the phone's screen brightness?
Yeah, had it on half and then put it up all the way for 4 more tries. Tried it on a light that was successful with the computer monitor as well as one that has never been reprogrammed. Neither worked so it's not the light, but something related to the phone. S4.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The standard option builds a GIF which is susceptible to browser and platform anomalies. The video file is larger but includes timing information, increasing compatibility.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I programmed mine yesterday from the cruddy TV in my hotel room. I'd been watching Netflix from my laptop and decided it would be an interesting test.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard option builds a GIF which is susceptible to browser and platform anomalies. The video file is larger but includes timing information, increasing compatibility.
That worked for both lights! Thank you!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
And as Danny and Grizz pointed out, favorite videos can also be stored for easy offline playback [emoji4]

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
I really like the programming, its like having a new light every day! Great jobs guys!

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to see things getting solved quickly here guys.

I would have chimed in earlier, but I was out mountain biking with a Wasp on the bars. :thumbsup:
Saw a ton of fireflies in a meadow on the way back. What a great show!
I wonder how many lumens a firefly makes...

I have had good luck with the programming running Chrome on my S3 with 4.4+ and 5.1 Roms.
Sometimes it takes 2 tries with the streaming program.
The video file works first try nearly 100% of the time for me.