• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Robone

Newly Enlightened
Update
For easier access, there is now also a 55C temperature setting in the same LOAD menu - above fast switch timing

When logged in to my account and the LOAD menu is dropped, is when I get "Public You Cannot Edit It" as I move my cursor over the options. What to do from here? Quazzle explained it but I am apparently lacking the required number of brain cells.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Lets start from the top. Do you see your email address next to the LOG OUT button?

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try to post a video on my timing issue, I'm having a very hard time changing modes constantly. I have to try 2 to 4 times before I can get it, I've tried fast and regular timing.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you click the down arrow and then LOAD, do you see the yellow text at the top?:

I drew a quick diagram to try an explain what I'm experiencing. It may be exaggerated and not accurate but I think it accurately conveys my point. The filled in section represents the window of time you have to switch modes within one second. The top diagram is the factory timing, the middle is the faster mode timing, and I would like to check if the last is feasible. I think the last mode timing would be the most versatile and eliminate the need for multiple programing options, it's seems to be how the majority of my lights are configured.

f4afda5af3237ce0e852b08062cd06dc.jpg

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
mk2rocco - I understand what you are looking for and I would agree with you. I just loaded the fast switching program this morning and although I am having an easier time with the switching I still sometimes click too fast and end up on the same level. When I knowingly try to wait for the right switch time I sometimes overshoot too.

Is there any reason that we haven't thought of to keep the 0.0 - 0.35 second time not part of the switching program?

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
mk2rocco - I understand what you are looking for and I would agree with you. I just loaded the fast switching program this morning and although I am having an easier time with the switching I still sometimes click too fast and end up on the same level. When I knowingly try to wait for the right switch time I sometimes overshoot too.

Is there any reason that we haven't thought of to keep the 0.0 - 0.35 second time not part of the switching program?

I'm glad i'm not alone on this, I did not carry my light today at work for just this reason.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'll try to post a video on my timing issue, I'm having a very hard time changing modes constantly. I have to try 2 to 4 times before I can get it, I've tried fast and regular timing.
Sorry for the difficulty. Let me do some testing.
I may also check a few things via PM.

Last edited:

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Why can't I get this thing into programming mode? I've tried slow, fast, and everything! the video makes it look so easy. I have a reverse clicky which sucks.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why can't I get this thing into programming mode? I've tried slow, fast, and everything! the video makes it look so easy. I have a reverse clicky which sucks.
Bypass switch. Use a paperclip to tap the clicks like you're a Morse Code operator. :) Way more control. I used this trick for programming Vinh's DriverVN. Reverse clicky makes it annoying.

MMD

Enlightened
Sorry for the difficulty. Let me do some testing.
I may also check a few things via PM.

Have we had any luck with the testing? +1 to the switch timing mk2rocco described.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMD

Enlightened
Ok. Thanks for the info. Is this something that can be programmed into the existing board or will we need to modify/update hardware?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Ok. Thanks for the info. Is this something that can be programmed into the existing board or will we need to modify/update hardware?
PM Sent

Bypass switch. Use a paperclip to tap the clicks like you're a Morse Code operator. Way more control.
I also find differences with my fingers. First (pointer) providing more control than my thumb, in this case.

Last edited: