Trying to pick a AAA twisty

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
S/S Maratac AAA very small. I'd also suggest looking at the same light in the AA version, it's not much bigger.

Check CountyComm

Biggoggs

Newly Enlightened
+1 (+4?) on the Olight i3s. I bought one last year to replace my Arc-AAA, meets all your requirements except it makes 80 lumens on high. I checked their website and it also comes in red!
i3S-RD-4.jpg

AussieRanga

Enlightened
How come no one mentioned the DQG AAA ? Solid, extremely reliable, great efficient driver, affordable, great beam, great balance of throw and flood, magnet on the tail, really tiny, available in CW or NW. On my keychain since 4 years, still perfect.

In my view, one of the most under-estimated light ever built...

Really?

I guess you have an exception to the rule. Mine shreds o-rings like no other - I say that because others have the same complaint I do. Without the o-ring the head is so loose that it WILL fall off.

I bought it with a heap of other DQG products and it is the only one I have a complaint about..

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bingo!

unless you care about seeing red things with correct color, in which case you need something with an N219b, like this (click the pic):

The L08 is one of the few twisty AAA lights with High Color Rendering and NOPWM
Although it wont start on medium, imo the modes are really good 3-30-90.
And the extra deep reflector makes it superior for tailstanding on a table without the led being in your line of sight.
The larger head also makes it easy to know by feel, which end is forward.
Personal Favorite!

here is another twisty AAA light with High Color Rendering and NOPWM, and it Does start on Medium

thats the least expensive copper lights that meets most of your criteria (pic is also a link)

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really?

I guess you have an exception to the rule. Mine shreds o-rings like no other - I say that because others have the same complaint I do. Without the o-ring the head is so loose that it WILL fall off.

I bought it with a heap of other DQG products and it is the only one I have a complaint about..

I'm aware that early version had that problem. I own 2 version III in stainless and a version II in titanium and none of them are o-ring destroyers. Of course, a good layer of Nyogel helps...

nitedrive

Newly Enlightened
The Ti3/TiS starts off in firefly mode and is a multimode 0.04L, 12L, 120L light. OP wants to start in med mode.

The Mag Solitaire LED is 37 L singlemode...OP wants 100L or more.

I would suggest the Oilight I3S as others have suggested.

The TiS is a single mode, the Amazon listing shows both the Ti3 and TiS. I mentioned the Solitaire because they are easy to get and in my view, punch above their stated output.

Last edited:

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
+1 to the i3s.

I'm going to throw out a slightly different suggestion: the i3e. Myriad colours including red available, one 90 lumen mode.

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
I am using i3s cu and i3e silver, all of them are good, but the i3s' head is more smooth when twist than i3e, and heavier
The i3s cu has 180lumen turbo mode(lumen drop noticeably when running long), and the i3e silver has 160 silver, but it hotspot i think it the same, but i3s cu'beam is wider than i3e

radiopej

Enlightened
I'd go the Olight i3S (the copper version if you want more output) or the Lumintop Worm. The worm can also come in high CRI if you'd like that.

If you get the Olight, but a new clip for around a dollar on eBay. Mine broke really quickly but the light itself is amazing.

Macka17

Newly Enlightened
Hi.

BUMP for AAA torches.

i have several (5) different models of triple A's.
The O'light I3T EOS in Copper is a grreat light I have 2 x.
Also the BLF 348 x 2, Singfire 348 x 3.
A Convoy S/S ? no name.
Plus Astrolux AO1 x 7. (Family gifts)

Out of All the ones I have. the Astrolux live on my keyring, in pocket when no keyring. and the wife's car keys.
With the BLf/Singfire in handbags etc.
The Copper EOS are too heavy for keyring/pocket use I find.
More of a novelty.but used regularly "IN" and around home.
I just find the Astrolux Nichia beam nicer. but latest model NOT as well built with lower quality machining as earlier models.

The quality and reliability of these latest "cheaper" MFG's make spending the multiple dollars more
for so called "named" brands. pretty well a waste of money I reckon.

My wife's "allowed" toys allowance nowadays. Goes mainly on Knives and lures.

I've only had ONE ****y sw in all the torches I've bought so far. Quite happy so far.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two new AAA Twisties. The Lumintop Tool AAA in its various permutations (black ano, Ti, Cu) is a single AAA with a tail switch that can also be used as a twisty. If one installs the optional magnetic tail cap, then it becomes a twisty only. Nice little light.
Sofirn has introduced the C01, a single AAA twisty with a ten lumen output. Originally available from AliExpress, I think it can now only be found on our favorite auction site at somewhat inflated prices. The original development was for 'that other forum', so it is up in the air if Sofirn will continue production of the light, but it is a nice little light.