• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TX25C2vn KIT- Pocket Throw King

Capolini

Banned
Re: TX25C2vn V2 PDT - Pocket Throw King

This is an awesome and compact thrower!

I have a version very few if any have and may not want!

I wanted the MOST throw that the XPG2 version could deliver. Mine is TX25C2vn "V3T" XPG2 Direct Drive single mode "twisty" at the tail cap!

Since the switch is negated this allows more thermal pads and also has the LEAST resistance possible. No switch and a direct line from battery to LED = more output.

For me I do not need the other modes like most would want. Twist on,,full power, twist off! :twothumbs

Most of my night walks are on hiking trails. I use MAX power most of the time. It is nice to turn on a light to get to and stay at max! My E'Tac M25C2vn and M2Xvn are close to the same set up as the TX25C2vn V3T with the exception of having a tail cap clicky. :)

Al 4 of my E'tac modded lights are very impressive!

Like most of us I have at least one other light w/ me for flood or just an EDC that has 3 or 4 modes!

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is an awesome and compact thrower!

I have a version very few if any have and may not want!

I wanted the MOST throw that the XPG2 version could deliver. Mine is TX25C2vn "V3T" XPG2 Direct Drive single mode "twisty" at the tail cap!

Since the switch is negated this allows more thermal pads and also has the LEAST resistance possible. No switch and a direct line from battery to LED = more output.

For me I do not need the other modes like most would want. Twist on,,full power, twist off! :twothumbs

Most of my night walks are on hiking trails. I use MAX power most of the time. It is nice to turn on a light to get to and stay at max! My E'Tac M25C2vn and M2Xvn are close to the same set up as the TX25C2vn V3T with the exception of having a tail cap clicky. :)

Al 4 of my E'tac modded lights are very impressive!

Like most of us I have at least one other light w/ me for flood or just an EDC that has 3 or 4 modes!

how long do you get before it gets too hot? 5 minutes?

I guess now that its cold outside you get some normal passive cooling of the Arctic air of the northeast lol.

Capolini

Banned

how long do you get before it gets too hot? 5 minutes?

I guess now that its cold outside you get some normal passive cooling of the Arctic air of the northeast lol.

Very close! I used ~6 minute increments when I was testing it. So, tail standing in 72F it gets hot in 6 minutes.

The winter has been very mild so far. Heat has NOT been a factor whether its in the 30's/40's or 50's. I use it for 25 minutes straight. It does keep my hand nice and warm!

It gets to a point to where it is warm but certainly not too hot. That is ~ 15 minutes of use. Soon after that when battery depletion starts,it starts to gradually get a little cooler.

Here are a few stats from my run time test. TAIL STANDING NO FAN 72F

EFEST IMR 3100mAh 10A continuous/20A pulse

12 MINUTES- 4.015V
18 MINUTES-3.79V
25 MINUTES-3.68V
30 MINUTES-3.625V

This battery and light work very well. I notice very little difference in output reduction from turn on until 20 minutes or so!:thumbsup:

In the warmer weather I am guessing I can use it for at least 10 minutes,,,,,,,,,maybe make it to 15 when it starts cooling down a little and then coast the rest of the way to 25 continuous minutes!:party:

Last edited:

wingnutLP

Enlightened

TX25C2vn XML2 U3 PDTc

Just arrived it is awesome! I have never owned a thrower before because I don't want to have to carry around something with a huge head. this thing has a head no bigger than a surefire 6P and is slightly shorter.

AMAZING

Thanks Vinh :)

nofon

Newly Enlightened

On this light can you upgrade to drivervn?

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Re: TX25C2vn - Pocket Throw King

I will take a TX25C2vn XML2 U3 PDTc: $140 Shipped USA, is available. Please let me know, and I will send Paypal. Thanks.

a199578

Enlightened

Can i add on extension tubes to run this with 2 or 3 18650's? If so, would it be safe to run this light for 2 hrs on turbo? If it gets too hot will it step down to prevent damage ?

My use would be mountain biking so it would get air flow from the ride.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Can i add on extension tubes to run this with 2 or 3 18650's? If so, would it be safe to run this light for 2 hrs on turbo? If it gets too hot will it step down to prevent damage ?

My use would be mountain biking so it would get air flow from the ride.

Please email me abotu this

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my TX25C2vn today and using a fresh charged Panasonic 18650B (3400mah and 5 amp) and took it out to the field across from my house and WOW what a light. I took my Surefire 6p with P60Lvn that I just got also and was impressed with it. That is until I turned on the TX25C2vn. It was throwing light onto trees 150 yards away that just seems unbelievable from such a small light. If you are thinking about getting this light, I don't think you won't be disappointed.
One question, how much difference would I see using a higher drain battery like vtc5 or a 10 amp Panasonic? What about using a 4.35v battery? My understanding is it will increase life but shouldn't impact light output, is this correct?

Billy

ftl1951

Newly Enlightened

The newer XP-L bumps the lumens to 1250 and the beam shot out to 275m from the earlier version of 1180 and 262m. Reading about your modifications on similar lights, I would think it could be quite the small thrower..?? Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

The newer XP-L bumps the lumens to 1250 and the beam shot out to 275m from the earlier version of 1180 and 262m. Reading about your modifications on similar lights, I would think it could be quite the small thrower..?? Thanks.

I think TX25C2vn with XPg2 PDTc out throws it...

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened

I am curious, since you have the ability to use your own side-clicky driver in this light (which means you can use any emitter available given the sinkpad would fit), what are the chances of the TX25C2vn having a MT-G2 option? Or even one of the Luminus LED emitters? Battery configuration isn't much of an issue since Eagletac offers up extension tubes for this light and many other of their line, plus we could always use two 18350's in the single 18650 tube if needed (albeit at reduced mAh runtime).

MT-G2 in a pocketable size like the TX25C2 (using two 18350's) would be amazing! The deep reflector would at least give it a little bit of throw, probably comparable hotspot size to a XL-L2 in a smaller sized light but with ~3000 lumens and a phenomenal tint!

lumentia

Enlightened

I am curious, since you have the ability to use your own side-clicky driver in this light (which means you can use any emitter available given the sinkpad would fit), what are the chances of the TX25C2vn having a MT-G2 option? Or even one of the Luminus LED emitters? Battery configuration isn't much of an issue since Eagletac offers up extension tubes for this light and many other of their line, plus we could always use two 18350's in the single 18650 tube if needed (albeit at reduced mAh runtime).

MT-G2 in a pocketable size like the TX25C2 (using two 18350's) would be amazing! The deep reflector would at least give it a little bit of throw, probably comparable hotspot size to a XL-L2 in a smaller sized light but with ~3000 lumens and a phenomenal tint!
That would be neat. I love mtg2 tint!

A.marquardt

Enlightened

I have a P60 MTG-2 drop in, and I can tell you, heat is a MAJOR issue in a small form factor like single 18650. It only takes one minute till you need to put the gloves on unless you go nuts and buy a Cryos Illumination copper head/body.

Latest posts