• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TX25C2vn KIT- Pocket Throw King

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
I plan on it, but it will probably be tomorrow night before I can get some
These are all taken on galaxy note 5, all settings auto with flash off, except last photo.

Stock tx25c2 xml2 u2
8f8d21753419ffcca2c800d13b2672fd.jpg

Tx25c2vn xpl hi drivervnx2
fc8fcf8cda48f6bc7a7a8b8f263eab30.jpg

Here's a picture on a wall, camera can't get the total brightness of the hotspot, but at least shows the tint (stock on left, vn on right)
440c5c8832e8a46c0989cfb69502f571.jpg

Then here is last one, same picture as above but with white balance adjusted down to show idea of the hotspot
e712d56fcbc8f73a02bd948068809c04.jpg

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice comparison indeed! Those wall shots show that both the spill and the hot spot are brighter on Vinh's mod. Plus I see a more neutral tint on the mod.

How long does it take to get uncomfortably hot?

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
Nice comparison indeed! Those wall shots show that both the spill and the hot spot are brighter on Vinh's mod. Plus I see a more neutral tint on the mod.

How long does it take to get uncomfortably hot?
I'm not sure yet, I did have it running for a few minutes on turbo and it was slightly warm. I'll check into that and let you know

Capolini

Banned
So glad to have mine back!:thumbsup: Vinh did some maintenance on it.

According to Vinh I have the version w/ the MOST throw possible[I field tested it at 80Kcd!].

MINE IS THE TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD SINGLE MODE VERSION.

It has the LEAST RESISTANCE possible. Battery to LED,,,,,,,Tighten tail cap to turn on!

Only negative is in the summer it gets very hot after 7 to 10 minutes and I can not turn it down!!

huffman.matthew

Newly Enlightened
So glad to have mine back!:thumbsup: Vinh did some maintenance on it.

According to Vinh I have the version w/ the MOST throw possible[I field tested it at 80Kcd!].

MINE IS THE TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD SINGLE MODE VERSION.

It has the LEAST RESISTANCE possible. Battery to LED,,,,,,,Tighten tail cap to turn on!

Only negative is in the summer it gets very hot after 7 to 10 minutes and I can not turn it down!!
How much did that run you?

Capolini

Banned
How much did that run you?

I think ~ $120/130? I got it 16 months ago. No additional cost for a driver[vn] so it is actually cheaper.:thumbsup:

Wow!!! I just checked Paypal,,,,,,,he gave me a great deal! I paid $90 for it! Maybe I traded him something else to. I do not remember!

EDIT: I GOT IT! I BOUGHT THE LIGHT DISCOUNTED FROM ILLUMNS[$65]AND HAD THEM SEND IT TO HIM!

It cost $155 total,,always cheaper to buy it off of Vinh,,even if you get a super discount from another dealer!

Last edited:

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Would love to see some shots of the beam with the diffuser on. I am thinking this could make a great all around EDC light.

ComfortablyNumb1

Newly Enlightened
I noticed on the Sky Lumen site that this light with the DriverVNX2 option emits a whine on intermediate levels. I'm looking at purchasing it for hiking use so the performance boost from the upgraded driver would be useful, but I'm easily annoyed by high-pitched noises and would primarily use it on intermediate levels.

For those who have this light, is this whine very noticeable/loud?

Thanks in advance.

Joeymt3

Enlightened
I noticed on the Sky Lumen site that this light with the DriverVNX2 option emits a whine on intermediate levels. I'm looking at purchasing it for hiking use so the performance boost from the upgraded driver would be useful, but I'm easily annoyed by high-pitched noises and would primarily use it on intermediate levels.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard any whine with mine. It had the driverVN. I guess if I listened real hard I may hear something but I've never noticed it.

Capolini

Banned

Thanks in advance.

SEE MY POST # 167 ABOVE: If you get direct drive/single mode like I have you will have the most output possible and no whine! The only negative is not being able to dial it down when it gets too hot in the summer!

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Going to trot out my request/question about the diffuser. How much difference does it make with the beam. Maybe a beam shot or two so I could see.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys and gals,

I'm late to the party on this gem. Love the small factor and high output it throws. For an older Vinh mod, it still looks like it has tons to offer... i.e it's not outdated. I really tend to lean towards my XML emitters for the flood yet ability to throw well. Also love the tints offered, more neutral. I have a few XPLs as well and like their ability to throw a bit further, at the expense of flood. There in lies my dilemma.

Its not not a max thrower given its size, but for what it is in XML form, does the Boosted power and reflector size offer enough throw, still allowing usable flood, for such a little light? Or if I'm really looking for the wow factor, should I go with the XPG2 or even XPL Hi?

Also, does getting the VNX2 driver, change the UI? I couldn't exactly tell by the thread posts and am not sure the light has been updated from the older posts.

Thanks in advance all! :thumbsup:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
VNX2 driver totally changes the UI (for the better, IMO). It's much more programmable & flexible.

Throw/flood/mix is personal preference & based on need.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Mad777,

which emitter do u have? Do u gain that much throw and loose that much more flood with the XPG2/XPL in your opinion?

VNX2 driver totally changes the UI (for the better, IMO). It's much more programmable & flexible.

Throw/flood/mix is personal preference & based on need.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys and gals,

I'm late to the party on this gem. Love the small factor and high output it throws. For an older Vinh mod, it still looks like it has tons to offer... i.e it's not outdated. I really tend to lean towards my XML emitters for the flood yet ability to throw well. Also love the tints offered, more neutral. I have a few XPLs as well and like their ability to throw a bit further, at the expense of flood. There in lies my dilemma.

Its not not a max thrower given its size, but for what it is in XML form, does the Boosted power and reflector size offer enough throw, still allowing usable flood, for such a little light? Or if I'm really looking for the wow factor, should I go with the XPG2 or even XPL Hi?

Also, does getting the VNX2 driver, change the UI? I couldn't exactly tell by the thread posts and am not sure the light has been updated from the older posts.

Thanks in advance all! :thumbsup:

I have the first run of this light with a dedomed XM-L2. Still my favorite vinh light. Superb throw with some spill to boot. Kicks the pants off my buddies factory TX25C2. NO COMPARISON.

Sniper2075

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a TX25C2vn, I went for Spec 3 on his website that has the "XML2 PDT on copper + V54 Engraved, Highest lumen with great great throw" When I got it and tried it out inside my work I was impressed but thought I should have been more impressed. Once I got it outside at night all I can say is wow. For a light this size it's amazing to me compared to other lights I've had. I'm not really into the big lights I like to keep my lights pocket sized and lightweight, and this light meets my size requirements fine.

The only thing I don't love is the side switch, I wish it had a tailcap switch as that is my preference. I'm probably going to email Vinh and see if he has any ideas for a light as close to this one but with a tailcap switch and I'll probably wait for his DriverVN3 for it. Otherwise I love the driver options and would actually be fine with a tailcap electronic switch with the same driver.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks much for the feedback! It really helps. I too prefer tail clickies, but am willing to try this one out. I was really looking for an all around pocket rocket. Throw is nice, but I've come to realize flood/spill is as equally impt to me. Any idea on runtime on high and does it get too hot to hold ever on turbo?

Thanks

I just purchased a TX25C2vn, I went for Spec 3 on his website that has the "XML2 PDT on copper + V54 Engraved, Highest lumen with great great throw" When I got it and tried it out inside my work I was impressed but thought I should have been more impressed. Once I got it outside at night all I can say is wow. For a light this size it's amazing to me compared to other lights I've had. I'm not really into the big lights I like to keep my lights pocket sized and lightweight, and this light meets my size requirements fine.

The only thing I don't love is the side switch, I wish it had a tailcap switch as that is my preference. I'm probably going to email Vinh and see if he has any ideas for a light as close to this one but with a tailcap switch and I'll probably wait for his DriverVN3 for it. Otherwise I love the driver options and would actually be fine with a tailcap electronic switch with the same driver.