UltraFire 18650 batteries and universal charger

d7e7r7

Newly Enlightened
Hi there guys,

I am going to be be purchasing the TK15 from Fenix Outfitters but just wanted to check here first if the batteries and charger are good or not.
The batteries are protected 2400 mAh rechargeable 3.6 volt, UltraFire 18650 batteries and the charger is a TI-100 Universal Li-Ion 18650 Battery Charger.

Sure there will be much better batteries and fancier chargers, I know that, but I just want to know if the above are sufficient quality to last a long time and not just cheap bad quality items.

Regards,
d7e7r7

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe general consensus is AW are top of the list as well as others made with the Panasonic cell. Problem is many of the xxxxFire ones are hit and miss depending on what cells were used. For the length of time that the cells should last it isn't a good savings buying cheap cells.

That is my $0.02

d7e7r7

Newly Enlightened
I believe general consensus is AW are top of the list as well as others made with the Panasonic cell. Problem is many of the xxxxFire ones are hit and miss depending on what cells were used. For the length of time that the cells should last it isn't a good savings buying cheap cells.

That is my $0.02

So you saying I should rather opt to get the flashlight alone and get different batteries?

556man

Newly Enlightened

That is my $0.02

This is good advice. I have quite a few of the xxxxfire batteries. It's surely a hit and miss. I'd pay a little extra for a quality battery and you won't be sorry.

556man

cummins4x4

Enlightened
I have some UF 2400's and cheap wall charger that were part of a package. The cells work ok in SINGLE cell applications, not worth crap in series and the charger was pretty iffy IMO. Still use the UF's in singles, upgraded everything else to AW's and a PILA, worthwhile investment IMO.

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
I have some UF 2400's and cheap wall charger that were part of a package. The cells work ok in SINGLE cell applications, not worth crap in series and the charger was pretty iffy IMO. Still use the UF's in singles, upgraded everything else to AW's and a PILA, worthwhile investment IMO.

I don't have cummins multi cell experience but I've used the UF 2600's and UF 2400's in my TK 21. The 2600's are just terrible. On turbo they dim to high in 5 minutes every time. Their tested capacity is not too bad (about 2000 ma) but they can't pull the needed amperage for long. The 2400's have been an all around better battery and pull turbo for 30 or so minutes on the TK 21. They are slightly smaller in diameter so they fit in my SC600. Just like cummins said, they are not a bad 18650 as long as you don't ask too much of them. But like many others, eventually I went to AW 18650's (or Redilast for others) and a Pila charger.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
So you saying I should rather opt to get the flashlight alone and get different batteries?

For the extra $14 compared to the flashlight alone, I would go ahead and get the whole package.

The Ultra fires will probably last you a while, then plan on getting some AW's for replacements later on. That charger will probably be just fine.