• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 Monthly Giveaway

Kozy

Enlightened
My favorite light my SSVN. Super bright.5 dedomed led,
At least 5000 OTF with the base option.:rock:

(secret dream: Acebeam K60)

Last edited:

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America

There's a common misconception about 'Ferro Rods'. Many people think that you need a good carbon steel blade to get good spark from a Ferro Rod. That IS true when you are talking about Flint, but really you just need a good edge for a Ferro Rod. Wether it's a carbon steel blade or a nice stainless steel blade, you're good to go!

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America

In photography, aperture is used to bring more (or less) of your background and foreground into focus. The smaller the number of your aperture (ex. 2.8) leaves you with very little of your foreground or background in focus giving you the 'blurred' look. The larger the number (ex. 22) gives you MUCH more foreground and background in focus. The important thing to remember about larger apertures, is that you need a LOT more light since the opening of your camera is so small!

A.marquardt

Enlightened

My favorite light is the K60vn. It's a shaved dome XHP70 with a perfect tint. In my opinion this light has the best combination of lumen, throw, and heatsinking, I can run it on high forever when it's chilly outside, and that counts for ALOT. I use it to focus my camera at night. A month or two ago I was walking back from photographing icebergs lit up at night with blue lasers. As I approached the glacier park's parking lot, I noticed a car on the other side of some shrubbery. I could only see the hood and the driver's window. Thinking it was a bunch of dope heads, I decided to mess with them and lit up the driver from about 75 feet away with my K60vn on turbo, my TM06 on turbo, and my Zebralight 1k lumen headlamp all at once, for a total of about 10,000 lumen. I kept the driver lit up for five or six more steps, when I could see that the car was actually a police car! LOL! I yelled out to him "how 'ya doin' officer?" and turned off my lights. He got out and I walked over to him. I could tell he was itching to draw his flashlight and look me over, but he didn't. I think he would have been embarrassed considering I was packing a 300 yard Schwartz and he was likely packing 3 inches heheh. (Referencing Spaceballs, the movie). Or maybe I had blinded him. Anyways, I let him know I wasn't causing any trouble and he let me off without even telling me I shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

A wise man speaks when he has something to say, a fool speaks when he has to say something.

Sayings I live my life by.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's better to not say anything and be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove them right.

Lantern32

Enlightened
I pick number 54 because that is the number in V54 :)

I recently bought the Oligjt M2Xvn. It contains all the extras, and is about 385K CD!

I love the user interface with the Driver VN2! When I went camping, I used about 4 modes. Now I have my light on 100% and strobe. I sleep with it under my pillow, sitting next to a spyderco knife. If anyone breaks into my house, I am relying on Vinhs M2Xvn to buy me time. That's how confident I am in his light!

Beam tint with the XPG2 led is amazing, but I should be fair and say that I got a Fiat Lux one :). The beam is slightly warm, but not too warm. The hotspot is also perfectly round!

Let me talk about throw... I am someone who never believed in throw. One morning I woke up, and decided to chat on candle power forums. Then I found the V54 light list. I couldn't resist this light because it was extremely affordable. Now I am already ready for my next purchase from him; however, I'm not going to get off of the subject. This light is a laser beam. I could see the top of a huge ski-resort mountain with this! Within normal use, there is no such thing as a tree too far away! I believe this flashlight is so focused that it could easily disorientate someone!

I think Vinh has done some magic to my light, and let me tell you why. I ordered the thermal paste mod. this light just doesn't get hot! When it gets warm to the touch, I literally swing the light around and blow on it for 30 seconds. Then the light is pretty cold! I know Vinh isn't joking when he talks about adding thermal paste.

Even though the engraving isn't a big deal, it is extremely important to mention it. Vinh does the most beautiful engravings into his lights! I have no idea how he gets such a clean signature, but it is so nice! It is a fairly deep engraving, and so clean! I also ordered the blue tailswitch cover. It makes the button feel much better! Vinh really goes to the end of the earth to improve upon these flashlights.

Overall opinion on Vinh's flashlights: I believe that Vinh is the number 1 flashlight customizer on the market. He does quality work, and stands by it. He even strips anodizing, and heat treats lights! If anyone here is worried about buying a custom flashlight because you believe they are not reliable, they are!

P.S- You need High-discharge batteries? Vinh knows where you can get some good ones! They are the BEST high discharge batteries out there!

Thank you so much Vinh for making lights for all of us. You are a really good person, so please keep it up. I know that 54 is not the right number because it is so obvious, but I wanted to post this review because I wanted to share my experience with everyone. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some pics of Shenandoah Cavern using my MX25C2vn Fiat Lux.

77da3716b763cdeb3693b755623bb973.jpg
001fc7bb208d924dbab54cd45cae95fb.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Man I need more time so I can follow up on these giveaways..Lots of fun read

One thing I want to add. If anyone got lights they want to donate to the monthly giveaway just let me know. :)

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

My first and favorite V54 light is the MH20vn, I really like the single 2 stage button UI that it has. I got the 4000k tint which really brings out the natural color of objects. It is nice to have the built in micro USB charger, if I'm out using it on jobs for work I can use my cell phone charger to keep it topped off between jobs.

I'm also have a M30Cvn on order with XPL HI 4000k tint and I can't wait to see that one run.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went hiking to a waterfall at Skyline Drive and met a friend
49346e2916ded402885b1a4a5ba32eff.jpg

The waterfall was pretty cool, nothing spectacular
1a20e426cf3a583b4df3e27c1e3c1fa8.jpg

lumentia

Enlightened
Just got home and found 2 lights waiting for me... one of them a stock ace beam h10 (more about that later) and the other.... the awesome Nitecore EC4vn. I really was intrigued by the size, and I already like the form factor (based on how much I like my Fenix tk35) and I already new I really like nitecore's 2 button user interface based on vinh's ec21vn. Well this light doesn't disappoint! I can't find anything I don't like about it which is rare. The initial quality seems great. Obviously we'll have to judge long term quality down the road, but so far so good. Threads on the battery door are super smooth- better than expected - and rock solid. The finish is perfect. We'll see how it holds up but it looks great and is gripper than it looks (I thought it looks slippery in pictures- it's actually gripper than traditional anodizing). Of course the 2 button user interface is real easy to get the hang of quickly and is one of my favorite because of the direct access to either moonlight, turbo, or your last used mode (strobe not included in last mode memory thankfully). Hold down of mode button from on gets you instant strobe. That's the only way to access it I think. Lock out is an easy deal, just hold down both buttons for 1 or 2 seconds. Same to unlock.

The size is way smaller than the Fenix tk35 and therefore is way more pocketable. Super happy with that. The side by side battery arrangement gives you twice the battery capacity of an s200c2 without much more bulk and IMO a better grip shape. This light is slightly smaller than an s200c2 in length, and quite a bit smaller in diameter at the head. Width at the narrow part of the handle is about the same. The buttons fall to hand quite well and it's a lot more comfortable to use with the buttons up front in contrast to the tk35.

Now on to the best part- the light coming out the end- this thing THROWS! I couldn't believe it. It's at least 100,000 cd if not a bit more. I took it out and compared it to lights with similar throw- k40mvn, s200c2vn, and stock Stanley fat max. A little more throw than the fat max @ 100kcd, slightly less than my s200c2vn @ 130- 140kcd, and slightly more but real close to my k40mvn @105kcd. Tint is great for being factory dedome. Just a TINY bit of green but barely noticeable when compared to an mtg2 light (which makes anything else look bad) but otherwise it is a nice, slightly warmer than 5000k neutral. I'd say 4500 to 4700. Pretty nice.

I'd say it's putting out around 1100 lumens at turn on and 1075 at 30 seconds based on my phone lux meter app and ceiling bounce which I've used to measure many many lights and have a decent baseline from. Heat is a non issue due to the uni body construction. It dissipates heat throughout the whole body, therefore has much more surface area to work with using convection with as well as using your hand to transfer heat through conductive means. Most lights with thread on heads and anodized threads don't transfer heat well from the head to the handle like this one and zebralights do.

So while 1100 may not sound all that impressive these days, for a dedome light with a modded factory driver that still maintains it's low modes it's not bad at all. Also, for a light like this with such an easy u/I and good heat management properties, I can feel more comfortable handing it off to my girlfriend or mom with only my standard cursory heat and u/i overview. (Which is exactly why I got this light). Moonlight is a true moonlight. I'd say it's .5 to .8 lumens. I slipped one of my butler creek scope cap style diffusers on and it works well at that level for not disturbing others who are sleeping. It does tailstand. I might pick up one of nitecore's cone diffusers too.

I think it's going to make a real versatile camping and general purpose truck/ house light. Thanks Vinh. You really should do more than 3, I think it would be popular.

Last edited:

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened

Favorite light is my c22cvn, it's my edc, practical, and love the side light. I have brighter lights, but this one is just a pleasure to use.

Fun fact about elevators. (I'm an elevator technician)
Elevators never fall like the movies. They have safeties, and overspeed devices, among many other safe guards. So don't be scared of them!

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a comparison shot of the TM36vn and the M25C2vnT
d582d5dec1bf00853adb371afb248d64.jpg
the TM36vn is on the left and taken 180 meters away. The difference between them is about 100k lux. Both throw incredibly and really need a long distance to really show there power.