Valiant Concepts 2xAA Twisty ~ oldie but a very goodie

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know,, their cost is cheap enough that sometimes they'll toss you a new flashlight no questions asked.
One day misplaced mine after doing a oil change. Later that afternoon smelled melted plastic coming out from under my hood.. There was my Coast aaa stuck to my exhaust header. Lol.. The guys who work at my local HF are a great bunch of fellas 👍

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Yeah, Ebay has become serious business these days... you need to link a bank account to sell on it. I have sold some stuff on CPF years ago and it always went well, it is just hard to determine a fair price for everything (and yes, I have received a few PM's and evidently my twisty tube is worth virtually nothing 😄).

To be honest, I really liked Malkoff better when everything was readily available and he made flashlights for people who used them. CPF was a lot of fun back then. A lot of Malkoff's business now seems to be small run, boutique, FOMO, numbered stuff. I couldn't figure out how to do a group buy and got made fun of by someone on here a couple years back. That's no fun, and not really how Gene and Cathy have ever been to me, but if this model is keeping them in business, then more power to them.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
FEF, I am glad to see you posting on here again.

I think the word is out, and people buy as many items as Malkoff can release. The Group buy stuff is really just a guy paying for 20 modules then reselling them on CPF. I really think CPF is a small piece of their customer pie.

Malkoff is still very much solid. :)

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
FEF, I am glad to see you posting on here again.

I think the word is out, and people buy as many items as Malkoff can release. The Group buy stuff is really just a guy paying for 20 modules then reselling them on CPF. I really think CPF is a small piece of their customer pie.

Malkoff is still very much solid. :)

Good to see you as well! I'm glad that Gene and Cathy are still hanging in there... they are such amazing people and Cathy used to write a nice note everytime I ordered something from them (which a few years back was about once a month for a while!)

Can't say I'm a fan of the group buy stuff... but I'm glad that people like doing it.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
She still writes notes! It is the same note every time haha, but still very much a nice gesture. Her hand must get tired! The GB stuff is for modules that gene typically doesnt release. Special emitters, and LLLL power levels.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
(and yes, I have received a few PM's and evidently my twisty tube is worth virtually nothing 😄).

Now that's funny. Gotta watch Thermal...lights before bros.

CPF was a lot of fun back then. I couldn't figure out how to do a group buy and got made fun of by someone on here a couple years back.

I try to entertain when I can. I got bullied on here recently...I find comfort in knowing that only happened because a keyboard was between us. Now I just stay in the Malkoff Misfit space where it's safe.

I'm with @PoliceScannerMan -- Malkoff is a boutique small batch company but now with more customers. They generally restock every couple weeks. Their problem is sourcing electrical components... They are far far far and i mean far from these custom shops turning out small batch flashlights while playing marketing tricks to keep their product relevant.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
She still writes notes! It is the same note every time haha, but still very much a nice gesture. Her hand must get tired! The GB stuff is for modules that gene typically doesnt release. Special emitters, and LLLL power levels.

I have a few NLLLL's I picked up from Oveready. They sat on the website forever, no one seemed to want them until they were gone. Haha.

I'm glad Cathy is still at it. The Malkoffs are some of the nicest people around.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad Cathy is still at it. The Malkoffs are some of the nicest people around.

They absolutely are. I'm relatively new in retrospect to Malkoff, but not to the flashlight industry. During my first order I mistakenly put something in my cart that wouldn't work with the rest of my order and instead of just shipping out what I picked like 95% of companies, Gene called me right away to confirm what I was trying to do and sat on the phone and changed my order to something that would work for me. I've been a loyal customer ever since. It also doesn't hurt that the products are bomb proof, but small gestures like that showing that they really care about their customers being happy with their products goes a long way with where I choose to spend my money.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Now that's funny. Gotta watch Thermal...lights before bros.

I try to entertain when I can. I got bullied on here recently...I find comfort in knowing that only happened because a keyboard was between us. Now I just stay in the Malkoff Misfit space where it's safe.

I'm with @PoliceScannerMan -- Malkoff is a boutique small batch company but now with more customers. They generally restock every couple weeks. Their problem is sourcing electrical components... They are far far far and i mean far from these custom shops turning out small batch flashlights while playing marketing tricks to keep their product relevant.

CPF really used to be fun. I'm sorry you got bullied… it never used to be that way, it was a bunch of people who all like flashlights. I feel people online in general these days are a little too ready to disagree with other people.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF really used to be fun. I'm sorry you got bullied… it never used to be that way, it was a bunch of people who all like flashlights. I feel people online in general these days are a little too ready to disagree with other people.

It is fun in the Malkoff section. We keep it lively
Luckily I survived my experience. :LOL:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I didn't realize how easy they made it to post pics on the new site (no more Photobucket!) so here is a pic of mine.

image.jpg