Viking / Viking Pro. Tactical lights.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the pro. From what I've read you're suppose to be able to disable the strobe on the regular mode too. If you can enable and disable the pro version without problem and you do the same thing on the regular model, then my guess is that something is wrong with your regular model.
Well, I just got a non-pro version and I cannot disable strobe either. So the light is going back. I also wonder if the manual is wrong. That is two of us (JimTokle) with exactly the same problem. Also the published outputs for the non-pro version are the same as the pro version but I measured them at substantially lower. I was really hoping that the only difference between the pro and non-pro was the additional firefly mode and different regulation on turbo. Since I don't use the lower firefly on the pro, I was thinking I could have a 2nd light that basically behaved the same. I think I'll be happy with just the pro version.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Well, I just got a non-pro version and I cannot disable strobe either. So the light is going back. I also wonder if the manual is wrong. That is two of us (JimTokle) with exactly the same problem. Also the published outputs for the non-pro version are the same as the pro version but I measured them at substantially lower. I was really hoping that the only difference between the pro and non-pro was the additional firefly mode and different regulation on turbo. Since I don't use the lower firefly on the pro, I was thinking I could have a 2nd light that basically behaved the same. I think I'll be happy with just the pro version.

Thank you for understanding. I guess it was a pre-release version without strobe.
Sure, you will like your new flashlight. :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay ArmyTek here is the deal I really want a Viking V3 Pro. But now that it is my understanding that AT releases "pre release" and release versions how do I know what I will get? I feel fortunate that my new DP Pro HI and PP Pro HI function correctly and am nervous about putting down that kind of money for a light that may or may not function correctly. I will say that I am sold on the older PP V2.5 and have one on order and am looking forward to receiving it

ArmyTek

Enlightened
okay ArmyTek here is the deal I really want a Viking V3 Pro. But now that it is my understanding that AT releases "pre release" and release versions how do I know what I will get? I feel fortunate that my new DP Pro HI and PP Pro HI function correctly and am nervous about putting down that kind of money for a light that may or may not function correctly. I will say that I am sold on the older PP V2.5 and have one on order and am looking forward to receiving it

I understand your desire to own a flashlight with all specifications. You can order the flashlight from our website and get the light you want. Promocode "cpf8" can be a pleasant bonus for you.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
alright Armytek. I just couldnt take it anymore and just bought a Viking Pro. I will have it on Monday. Will post results here.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
oops forgot its MLK day no mail. Will have tomorrow

I got it! This thing is great! Nice clean and extremely bright beam that throws further than published numbers report. Will post outdoor beam shot tomorrow before it starts snowing. For now I am very pleased the Viking Pro is a hell of a general purpose light with awesome low modes, an outstanding profile and MUCH more throw than the average general purpose light.

IMG_01311_zpsfbe4efif.jpg

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Sorry to see that CC. The number 3 is not our lucky number with Armitek. Supposedly they had settled it with new productions I have read somewhere. It does not seem the case... unless you're across the old stock. If i were you, I would exchange it or ask a refund.

ven

Flashaholic
Have you got i direct pic of it(straight on) . Me having OCD would probably send back, however if it has a nice beam and not effected, the light works spot on and no other issues, then consider a keeper.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the light has a smeared effect in one direction coming off the hotspot Im pretty sure is due to the emitter being off. For $100+ I expect better than this. Mine came with a physical manual so I think it is old stock. Will contact the retailer and post a straight on pic best I can later on...

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Armytek-my new Viking Pro has an off center LED. What do I do?

IMG_01481_zpsnvaa7eq0.jpg

Centering the light source in the correct position in a reflector is a very basic concept. Something mankind has known for at least 100 years. I guess some people are still learning.