Viking / Viking Pro. Tactical lights.

CrocodileAgent

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the response. although my question is more IF water makes its way into the tube, will the potting in the head protect the electronics?

basically is the head itself a waterproof unit without the tube and tailcap assembly?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
thanks for the response. although my question is more IF water makes its way into the tube, will the potting in the head protect the electronics?

basically is the head itself a waterproof unit without the tube and tailcap assembly?

You are welcome!
Sure, the electronics is protected. Flashlight box also contains 2 rubber rings for this task. :)

But if you doubt, you can use grease for your light.

CrocodileAgent

Newly Enlightened
You cannot put just the head in water. The flashlight is waterproof with the tube and the rings.

i believe elzetta has video demonstrations of a flashlight assembled underwater and operating due to the potted electronics.

I was only wondering if armytek's design would give similar results

Edit: thanks for the response ArmyTek!

Last edited:

CrocodileAgent

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my viking pro v3 and all seems good in terms of fit and finish, though my tailcap spring is a bit sharp and has been scoring my batteries.

Im seeing the occasional flicker upon activation in a head tight state. Just wondering if this is normal or a defect?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Just recieved my viking pro v3 and all seems good in terms of fit and finish, though my tailcap spring is a bit sharp and has been scoring my batteries.

Im seeing the occasional flicker upon activation in a head tight state. Just wondering if this is normal or a defect?

Hi! What type of flicker? Can you make a short video?

CrocodileAgent

Newly Enlightened
I was just told by Sandra@Armytek that this is normal behaviour of the light as its engaging the protection circuit of my battery momentarily.

Im sure we can all see that it is directly linked to the release of the switch (on the activation stroke) that is causing this flicker as i deliberately delayed the press and release to demonstrate.

To further disprove their claim, my batteries are new orbtronic 3500mah 10amp protected cells and there is no way this light peaks over 10 amps.

This response is very unsettling and I hope they sort out my issue instead of stringing me out

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my 3rd Viking Pro today! It is the warm white XP-L version. Tint is awesome output to my eyes is just as bright as the cool white version I have. I really wish AT would have included updated manuals with their new light. The new batches of lights have new firmware. So instead of twisting the head fast 5 times to get into and out of strobe like it says in the manual it came with it is actually TEN times to get into strobe. Oh and its just 2 different strobes and turbo thats it.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my 3rd Viking Pro today! It is the warm white XP-L version. Tint is awesome output to my eyes is just as bright as the cool white version I have. I really wish AT would have included updated manuals with their new light. The new batches of lights have new firmware. So instead of twisting the head fast 5 times to get into and out of strobe like it says in the manual it came with it is actually TEN times to get into strobe. Oh and its just 2 different strobes and turbo thats it.

I just got the same light and like it too. Did you receive the 3 spare rubber rings with your yours? I only received the ones on the light and no spares. Thanks.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I ordered a Viking Pro which was on sale and some extra bodies and parts for other Armytek flashlights. Sad to say the free shipping thing was not working. Well on the positive side I may actually get my Viking back. Had one in XM-L2 and it was returned with a bad switch. It was a V2.5 Pro CW. It kinda pissed me off cuz I preferred the Viking to the Predator XP-G2. I liked the beam profile better for my woods though kinda like the Predator as well.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Viking Pro which was on sale and some extra bodies and parts for other Armytek flashlights. Sad to say the free shipping thing was not working. Well on the positive side I may actually get my Viking back. Had one in XM-L2 and it was returned with a bad switch. It was a V2.5 Pro CW. It kinda pissed me off cuz I preferred the Viking to the Predator XP-G2. I liked the beam profile better for my woods though kinda like the Predator as well.

I highly recommend the white diffuser for the Viking as well. I got one for my Viking the other day and it is really nice to be able to go from a throwy light to an awesome floody light. The diffuser is really high quality as well. I was very impressed with the quality when I received it.

I will warn you too that the bodies do not come with o-rings. I was a little upset when mine arrived because it shows on their sites picture that they come with o-rings and are greased. It doesn't say anywhere in the description they don't come with o-rings either.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

I highly recommend the white diffuser for the Viking as well. I got one for my Viking the other day and it is really nice to be able to go from a throwy light to an awesome floody light. The diffuser is really high quality as well. I was very impressed with the quality when I received it.

I will warn you too that the bodies do not come with o-rings. I was a little upset when mine arrived because it shows on their sites picture that they come with o-rings and are greased. It doesn't say anywhere in the description they don't come with o-rings either.
Well that's too bad about no O-rings. I never heard of buying a flashlight body that doesn't have them. Not the end of the world however as have extra O-rings in the original boxes which came with the lights I think. Will have to dig those up. Still bad play on ATs part. I wonder that size they use so I could pick up extras? Too late for the diffuser but will consider it next time!

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Please, write to our service manager to [email protected] that you have received the flashlight without O-rings.

Woods Walker

Ok got the Viking XP-L warm. Some changes from my old (sadly no longer in my possession) V2.5. I liked the twist body thing rather than bezel. Also anyone notice the duel springs, one on the tail and other on the board. That's a BIG improvement IMHO. There wasn't one on my older V2.5 predato standard and not on the Viking Pro 2.5. It makes battery changing a slight bit harder as they stick out a micron till the springs get compressed but dang. I am happy about that. More shock resistance! Need to get some field time with the light before making more of a judgement. As always glad I got the "w".

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone who is interested, here are a couple runtime/output graphs for the Viking Pro V3 XP-L(Warm).

Test Description

Ambient temperature - +22C

Cooling - None

Battery Used - New(less then 5 cycles) hot of the charger Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh unprotected

Graphs provided by - Extech HD450 datalogging light meter

Vertical(Left) numbers are Lux

Horizontal(Bottom) numbers are realtime

Top numbers are Lux and realtime at point of dotted line(placed at the point where the light drops out of regulation)

Test #1

Turbo 2(1025 lumen)

Runtime until light drops out of regulation(dotted line) - 1 hour 28 minutes 38 seconds

Cell voltage at end of test(16:26:55) - 3.03V

CrE6QGh.jpg

Test #2

Turbo 1(698 lumen)

Runtime until light drops out of regulation(dotted line) - 1 hour 36 minutes 28 seconds

Cell voltage at end of test(15:55:39) - 3.02V

04aTGO6.jpg

Last edited:

Bentjudges

Newly Enlightened
Viking / Viking Pro Tactical lights

Thats what Im seeing and hearing these days, thanks for confirming. What if I put a wee bit of cotton on them with alcohol? Would that help? Thanks