VIP Custom Tailcap: **1st POST UPDATED**

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: VIP Aftermarket Parts...

[ QUOTE ]
Halibut said:
Charlie: Thanks for giving me permission to do this!

[/ QUOTE ]

My pleasure, I really appreciate you asking in the first place! The interesting thing here is that any time there is an idea for a new part to fit the VIP, there is already a pre-existing "customer base" of 300 people...so when you announce that new part, don't be surprised if you get a bunch of these guys clamoring for it, especially if it is an attractive and well thought out piece, such as this is. Especially when ano'd black.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Kings Crown is nice, but this is nice too!

What price would you sell these guys at?

Halibut

Enlightened

Okay, one last post before I catch my flight.

I'll contact the first twenty or so people who expressed interest with a final cost once I get back from this trip. You'll have to supply your own kroll and o-ring (I "borrowed" these parts from my existing KC). I'd like to keep the final cost (with domestic shipping) under $35, but we'll see. Also, I don't actually have the remaining prototypes in hand yet, but plan to pick them up when I return. I don't anticipate any problems there because the CNC shop has been nothing short of fabulous.

As I mentioned earlier, a larger run of tailcaps may be possible if there is enough interest to make it economically feasible. This first mini-run was only possible because of the kindness of the CNC shop. I suppose folks can continue to post to this thread so I can get a rough count when I return. Any future run will be started, Otokoyama-style, with a post to the CM B/S/T. I personally like to have lots of spare parts for my VIP because it's my primary (and only) EDC. I really don't need anything else, and I don't want to worry about dings and scratches. I guess someone will have to make spare heads next...maybe out of titanium? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care, all.

-Dan

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

In case there are any drop outs, I'd like to hop on the list right behind Brightnorm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Britt

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

cool stuff.

as to airport security...I took my VIP out of and back into the US without any problems at all....the screeners were more concerned with my batteries!!!

83Venture

Enlightened

Thanks for the link m1match. Maybe Charlie will tell us what size O ring to use.

Likebright

Enlightened

Oh oh
Wow, looks like not enough of us VIP owners are getting interested in this and there won't be another run and I won't get one cuz the first twenty are spoken for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif COME ON VIP OWNERs this is worth having!

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened

I would be interested in one, depending on the final price. If it stays around the $35 estimate, that would be fine with me.

CiTY

Enlightened

It depends on price, I've already got a twisty coming to me... I don't want too many parts sitting around gathering dust.

Tweek

Enlightened

Not sure how I missed this one for so long, but if it goes through, Put me down for 2, possibly 3!

Chris