Vital Gear -"Mild to Wild"

jdboy

Enlightened
Just put this together today. Old E2D head with domed lens and a neutral 2 stage KuKu tower drop in. Having some switch issues but working through it.

214xcwl.jpg

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Just put this together today. Old E2D head with domed lens and a neutral 2 stage KuKu tower drop in. Having some switch issues but working through it.

Recommend you take off the tailcap assy off the body, remove the switch/PCB board by unscrewing the retainer and add solder around the outer contact surface area. Then using isopropyl alcohol, wet the actual switch several times while cycling the switch and blow it out with pressurized air between drenchings. I had some very similar problems to yours with my FB1 bodies using modified E series heads. After many attempts to half azzed fix it I broke out the good ole multi meter and discovered the problem was contaminants inside the tiny switch. Probably solder rosin during manufacturing if I had to guess but I was not going to second guess the process. Lightknot has been very informative in assisting me AND he offers a higher amp drop in switch that users might want to consider. Cheers to a very good product and do not let my comments sway you from any of the Vital Gear bodies. My experience is just that. Mine.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
jdboy A new switch is on the way. Please use primary CR123's. If you go to rechargeables, please consider the High Current switch mod. Price has been cut in half (2 for $6) for the HC switches (link in sig. line) due to difficulties encountered when soldering the (included) gold spring. This is covered in the "Vital Gear Switch Replacement Thread" Here's the link: Vital-Gear-switch-replacement-tutorial

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
I can't use primaries in my setup because it's a 4.2v drop in if I remember correctly. Sounds like I may need to purchase a high current switch.

jdboy

Enlightened
Recommend you take off the tailcap assy off the body, remove the switch/PCB board by unscrewing the retainer and add solder around the outer contact surface area. Then using isopropyl alcohol, wet the actual switch several times while cycling the switch and blow it out with pressurized air between drenchings. I had some very similar problems to yours with my FB1 bodies using modified E series heads. After many attempts to half azzed fix it I broke out the good ole multi meter and discovered the problem was contaminants inside the tiny switch. Probably solder rosin during manufacturing if I had to guess but I was not going to second guess the process. Lightknot has been very informative in assisting me AND he offers a higher amp drop in switch that users might want to consider. Cheers to a very good product and do not let my comments sway you from any of the Vital Gear bodies. My experience is just that. Mine.

This worked perfectly, switch is 100% now!!! Thanks!

EDIT: ordered the optional switch this morning, the original switch had became erratic.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Magellan, that used to be a Mag... now it's a fivemega m@g....

Bought this...

After reading this thread.

So far...

A P60 first.

EB1 with a P60

Then EB1c'd FB2.

That's it for now.
Back to stock incan for the FB2 and LED for the EB1c. But who knows what'll happen someday. The winds have whispered about the possible return of VitalGear...

Last edited:

cody12

Newly Enlightened
Do you notice the gap between the head and the adapter? I have two vital gear lights and one of their adapters. No good. Oveready and Lumens Factory sell a much nicer looking one and it fits. In either finish. I use four of them. Besides the two vital gear, I use them on e1e and e2e. Slick.
Check it out.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vital Gear -"Mild to Wild"

FB1 /Aleph Mule-This one is fun!

191ba6a579203aac0e2662666bc331fc.jpg
2d10f39065b6688396bb332619767ece.jpg
59efa4adcf17cbb9d151dc368c82b391.jpg

Last edited: