Waiting for the SureFire LX1...

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Thread hijack, sorry fellas but can someone send me a link or share where I can find info re. SF updating the E1B? My search fu is weak I admit & thx. in advance for some guidance.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also wish that the LX1 had a lower low - like it used to. My favorite generation was the third generation L1 with the TIR optic that had the 1.1 lumen low/22 lumen high. I would love to see this LX1 with a 3-ish lumen low. Hopefully one of these smart modders can figure it out...

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I also wish that the LX1 had a lower low - like it used to. My favorite generation was the third generation L1 with the TIR optic that had the 1.1 lumen low/22 lumen high.
You mean like the top light in this photo I just took today? :naughty:
Now that I think about it, IIRC the LuxIII/22/1.1 had an aspheric (was that the fourth generation?), the subsequent Cree/65/10 has the TIR (fifth generation?)
The earlier LuxI/~15/0.9 (third generation?) had some kind of optic I think, but it wasn't a TIR was it?
Jeez, it is difficult to keep them straight...

SFL1-1.jpg

Edit: Is the model that you're thinking of at this link here? I don't think it was a TIR though... :thinking:

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last I heard (or read), it should happen in June 2010. Well, don't bet on it. It's Surefire anyway so delivery delays are nothing new.

wrencher

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a L1 from Surefire. Could not find a current light is stock anywhere.
I asked the CS person about the LX1 thay said as of now Christmas. :sigh:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I ordered a L1 from Surefire. Could not find a current light is stock anywhere.
I asked the CS person about the LX1 thay said as of now Christmas. :sigh:

CHRISTAMS! You've got to be kidding me!:faint:

Good Lord!

Seriously, is there an engineering problem or something, I know about the military, and all that, but another eight months?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
The information I have received is that it isn't high up on the to-do list for a few reasons. A couple being that;

There is already the L1 & E1b which are very similar in design and output.

The market for 1 cell lights isn't as strong as 2 cell lights, and the LX2 is definitely a strong player in that market.

This is all hear-say, however it does make sense when you really think about it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The information I have received is that it isn't high up on the to-do list for a few reasons. A couple being that;

There is already the L1 & E1b which are very similar in design and output.

The market for 1 cell lights isn't as strong as 2 cell lights, and the LX2 is definitely a strong player in that market.

This is all hear-say, however it does make sense when you really think about it.
Yep - that's what I was told when I asked. It's as simple as that. There is no desperate rush to get it released, especially when they have far more exciting models to be concentrating on. The Vampires are just what the Military have been after for years.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe CPF members should start a protest outside the gates of SF just to show them that we are serious about the LX1? LOL..