Waiting for the SureFire LX1...

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a L1 from Surefire. Could not find a current light is stock anywhere.
I asked the CS person about the LX1 thay said as of now Christmas. :sigh:

big ouch!! don't think i want to wait til xmas, i may just give in and get the E1B. and IF the lx1 does come out by xmas, i may pick that one up, too. :whistle:

jonesy

Enlightened
Seeing that Christmas is a heckuva long way off, I'm glad that I gave my money to Malkoff instead a couple months ago. I understand production schedules and all, but 2 years is waaaay too long to wait for any production light. :shakehead

munchs

Newly Enlightened
Bumping it back on top :D

Just wanna hear anything new about this light. Any news...?

dcycleman

Enlightened
I had to pick up an E1B in Lieu of the LX1, couldnt wait any longer, I suppose thats what surefire wants. I wonder if the emmiters are the same in the e1b that I bought compared to the 110 lumen e1bs that are supposed to come out?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The LM1 and LM2 are Lamp Modules for WeaponLights.

Although the LM1 is intended for one-SF123A, screwed directly into a WeaponLight Housing such as a forend, I understand it can be powered by two-SF123As on say the MH90 or a U2 body. I'm not sure what this does to the output.
The same goes for the LM2 - it is designed for two-SF123As but can handle three.

These are single-level Lamp Modules. They need their own thread as they've nothing much to do with the LX1 other than similar bezel optics & styling etc...

Al :)

hcd615

Enlightened
I emailed Surefire on May 26th asking about the LX1 nd release date. Here is the email I received back...

The release date will be in the middle of July.

Jose Ramirez
Customer Service
SUREFIRE
17680 Newhope St., Suite 100 I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
T 714-545-9444 T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Surefire on May 26th asking about the LX1 nd release date. Here is the email I received back...

The release date will be in the middle of July.

Jose Ramirez
Customer Service
SUREFIRE
17680 Newhope St., Suite 100 I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
T 714-545-9444 T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

And then when the middle of July arrives, it'll get pushed back again :popcorn:

astanapane

Newly Enlightened
any news? Surefire LX1? where are you, i think most of us waiting for this small flashlight, and most of us for the special TIR lens used to his brother LX2.

Surefire has been smart to use TIR lens. This improves the beam and make it more efficient.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been an "I would definitely want an LX1" guy, but the wait is just too long.

Over those times that I have been waiting, I have gotten myself an E1B which is nice but I am not really happy with the UI. I preferred the UI of the LX2 which I already owned. And then while waiting, I got myself a Ra clicky which I think is the best single CR123 light I ever owned, and today I just received another Ra clicky with high CRI LED built-in. I just don't see why I would need the LX1 anymore. I may buy it for the sake of collection but I am definitely not crazy about it anymore.

Thank you SF. Without the wait I would probably not have chanced upon the Ra clicky, and now that I did I am finding myself becoming a huge fan of HDS lights.

astanapane

Newly Enlightened
I have been an "I would definitely want an LX1" guy, but the wait is just too long.

Over those times that I have been waiting, I have gotten myself an E1B which is nice but I am not really happy with the UI. I preferred the UI of the LX2 which I already owned. And then while waiting, I got myself a Ra clicky which I think is the best single CR123 light I ever owned, and today I just received another Ra clicky with high CRI LED built-in. I just don't see why I would need the LX1 anymore. I may buy it for the sake of collection but I am definitely not crazy about it anymore.

Thank you SF. Without the wait I would probably not have chanced upon the Ra clicky, and now that I did I am finding myself becoming a huge fan of HDS lights.

You might have the right. It is so long time. But Surefire is used to it.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
I couldn't wait any longer, purchased the Stratum instead, well maybe not entirely instead but "dam", that's a long wait. Not attempting to hijack the thread but the Stratum is very cool and growing on me, I still have plenty of single cell lamps for now when going compact. Also the EB1 is now 110 lumens if you haven't heard. :wave:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Basically, I am just waiting to see if the beam profile is much different than the E1b. I assume that a similar and or the same optic will be used that is in the LX2 but I am not certain so the wait continues, it's not like I don't already own too many flashlights already!:ohgeez:

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
since we are all waiting for the LX1, Nitecore is very close to release the Infilux IFE1.

So the comparison is going to be close.

For me the company will release it first i go for it. Both seems to be very nice and useful EDC lights.

Sorry for comparing those two but most of us start thinking between them

Best Regards

Bravo_Kilo

Newly Enlightened
I sent an email to Surefire last week inquiring about when the LX1 would be released and was told to expect it in July. I was excited until I went back and saw people here getting that same "next month" response as far back as last August or September. :crackup: WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS LIGHT?!?!:shakehead

Vernon

Enlightened
I've developed the same love/hate relationship with Surefire as I have with Apple.