What 3 lights do you like/use the most?

SomeOneWho

Newly Enlightened
It would have been interesting if the question had also asked what percentage of actual usage each light gets; for example, for me the approximate percentages would be:

50% - 4Sevens Preon Revo (Never leaves my front pocket, used almost every day for peering into cabinets, etc.)

30% - Zebralight SC51 (Always bring with me when I go anywhere at night)

15% - Fenix LD40 (Used when I know in advance that I'll need a lot of light)

5% - Other (Fenix E01 kept in my robe pocket)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two sets of 3. The three lights I use the most for practical reasons, and therefore appreciate and enjoy, and the 3 I LIKE the most, for their coolness factor, as measured by me.

For the most used:

1. NiteCore Defender Infinity
2. SureFire L1
3. Ra Clicky Tactical 140

For their cool factor:

1. SureFire A2 YG
2. HDS High CRI Clicky
3. SureFire E1E

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll can only list mny first 2 "most used" lights since they are my EDC, but the third could be anything as I grab different lights at home all the time if I don't grab the EDC.

A. ZebraLight SC60w
B. Fenix LD01-SS

Popular 3rd choice lights: SC600, C2 w/Malkoff, Jetbeam III-M, TK11-R2, TK35, V10R-Ti, Peak Logan, SF E1e ..... it does change alot though.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Most used in order:

Zebra Light H51Fw
Quark AA^2 Tactical
JetBeam RRT-0 S2

Dual

Newly Enlightened
My 3 most used:

Zebralight H51
4Sevens Preon 2
4Sevens Preon Revo SS

Nitecore D10 old EDC.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
1) ITP A3 - this little light is awesome. I carry it with me most of the time and of all my lights it gets the most use and covers most of what I need. I have other AAA lights and keep coming back to this one.

2) Zebralight SC51 - I carry this if I need a pocket light with just a little more firepower than the A3. 1xAA format, puts out close to 200 lumens on an Eneloop, has a great interface, perfect clip, easy lockout, nice looking. Currently this would be my pick if somebody asked me - "If you could only have one flashlight, what would it be"?

3) Third place gets more difficult but right now I would say the Download Pocket Rocket XM-L or the Zebralight SC600. Several other lights might also get included in this spot... :thinking:

AaronG

Enlightened
My favorite three are:

Sunwayman V10R Ti
Zebralight H51F
4sevens SS Revo

I was hoping my Solarforce L2P with thrunite XML drop-in would be in the list but I wasn't overly crazy about either of them. :(

Mark A

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD20
Fenix TK12
Solarforce L2P with Manafont XML dropin

This is also all the torches I own :p. Hoping to swap the TK12 for the TK21 as it looks to be about the same size but more powerful.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 lights that I use the most:
1. HDS Rotary
2. 4sevens Quark AA^2 Tactical with flush switch (candle)
3. Fenix TK30 Warm (modded)

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
1) HDS EDC 200T
2) HDS EDC 120E
3) Fenix TK15

At the moment I've working a lot of nights in the warehouse of the supermarket where I work. The lighting in the warehouse itself and outside is shoddy at best so they get a lot of use

The two HDS lights are my primary and backup. The Fenix I keep for walking home and to light up any local criminals that might cause trouble and hopefully illuminate them to change their ways.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Streamlight Stylus Pro - WORK (everyday. Im lost without it. Me and stylus pro is like white on rice.)

HDS Rotary - EDC

Malkoff HD XM-L or TK35 - Camping/Playing

For the longest time I EDC'd Quark 123 Tactical with flush switch (still Love it)

Last edited:

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
My three lights that i carry

Magcharger
Sf-z2 incan
Fenix-tk30
I work nights so i walk to work on second shift and walk home in the ally at nights so i like to have a backup of lights the magcharger is for a weapon for things that go bump in the night so i can bump back

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
Martac AAA for EDC
Zebralight SC-51 -for night carry.

Surefire 6p led-doesnt get much use, but its my first good flashlight. I was amazed at the output back then, and now I'm amazed that flashlights 1/3rd the size can have that kind of output.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't narrow it down to three, so here are the four.
c8e03172.jpg

TNC titanium C-series 18650 P60 host with XM-L 2.4A drop-in.
Sunwayman V10R-Ti XP-G neutral white & bored to take 18350 cell.
Mini Chimera w/ warm white MC-E
Spy 007 w/ XP-G neutral white

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... #1 and #2 are easy. My Fenix LD01 and my old-school 2C Mag Mod with a Lux III UW0H, 8 level nFlex driver run on 2x18650 (recently updated to 2x25500).

As for #3... over the last three or four months, probably my Surefire C2 with a 3-mode XML drop-in.

Before I got that light, #3 was probably my Milky-modded HDS with an SSC.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I have a fairly modest collection but the three that I love are:

Fenix PD31 (EDC)
Q AA2 Tactical (Work)
Pelican 2360

I'm trading a 4sevens Qmini AA2 to my friend for a SF 6P LED. We'll see how much I like that. :) As my lighting needs are now covered, I will not be purchasing another flashlight until I can afford an HDS rotary, which at this rate could be years.

carlo1958

Newly Enlightened
The ones I use the most are:
1. Brite Strike BD-HLS (rechargeable) - It is so tough I can just carry it everywhere on site with any weather and don't be worried about anything with it
2. Fenix PD31 - I use this for internal inspections as I can use various degrees of output
3. Surefire E2D LED defender (200 lumens) - When I stay on site longer and walk around - never know who's around

The ones I like the most are:
1. Surefire E2D LED defender
2. Surefire LX2 Lumamax
3. Brite Strike BD-HLS

jtjemt

Newly Enlightened
Easy answer;
Keyring light Fenix L0D,
Belt carry Fenix L2D, (yeah, I know, it's old)
For pounds of light, EagleTac M2XC4

What more could I need?