What are you listening to? Volume 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Can't link you to it, but if you didn't already know..

Ml4OuIP.jpg

RBR

Enlightened
New stuff from Down Under...

Though older stuff is still kicking Popo too...

Cheers

RBR

StarHalo

Flashaholic
RIP Sharon Jones, of Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings; probably the best concert I've ever seen was her ~30 minute set on Austin City Limits, where she put on a full-throttle James Brown-league performance that defined "tear the roof off the sucker." Hope to find a recording of that one day..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Congrats to the best-selling music artist on compact disc for 2016: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. (Memorializing the 225th anniversary of his death, a 200 CD collection was released and sold well - especially since each disc in the set counts as a single CD sale, so each person added 200 CD sales for Mozart..)

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Re: post new music that dont suck

This one crept up on me and now I can't stop wanting to fit it into whatever playlist is in motion. I don't think there is any guitar on this one, just bass, drums, and the squeeky toy! I like the studio version better than some of the live versions on youtube. This whole album is fantastic if you have a taste for this sort of thing. It is not as raw as Bikini Kill, not as mature and complex as Sleater-Kinney. Addictive and fun for sure.

NOT work friendly lyrical content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts