What camera are you guys shooting with?

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Just got a new toy, a Sigma DP2
:faint: Sweet! I was eyeing the DP1 but both that and the DP2 are a wee, bit pricey for me right now.

So, I have a Canon G10, which is fine, but I would like to get a DSLR sometime in the future... Hmm... What's more important: new lights or a new DLSR? :grin2:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, Canon Camera lens 100-400 IS ~$1200

Lots of fun with that lens - LOTS of flashlight fun as well. The expense only starts with the DSLR if you go off the deep end, not meant to be discouraging - but just know what you are getting into. I can do alot with my G9 - see this blog http://lightdescription.blogspot.com/ - it will apply to G10 as well. Also G9 tends to be with me when I travel (or G5 in car). Explore the limits of G10.

Last edited:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I'm not saying the G10 is a slouch - in fact, it's probably one of the best p&s cameras out there with tons of features.

Trust me, I've experimented with many cameras and features starting with my friends' Nikons, I shot for 20 years with Canons & prime lenses, my friend's 2-1/4 x 2-1/4 Rolleiflex and my dearly loved Hasselblad... I even tried out smaller 35mm film cameras like the Rollei 35, Olympus XA, Yashica T4, Ricoh GR1s (still own these cameras) so I know my way around apertures, shutter speeds, exposure. I switched to digital with Canon's SD-series, then picked up a G9 and now a G10. I used the custom functions, shot raw, tried different features, low light, night mode, Av and Tv as well as P, and set my own C1 and C2 modes.

At the end of the day, it still uses an APS-C sensor so, comparing it to the results from a friend's full-frame DSLR still reveals quite a difference. Obviously you can't compare a DSLR to a advanced p&s (for lack of a better term) but the differences can be quite significant. Overall, I still think the G10 is the best bang for the buck but I guess I won't be happy until I do get a DSLR... :eek:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I absolutely adore my Canon SX110 IS with 10X optical zoom 9mp. I spent a lot of time reading reviews, opinions, prices. It can be a simple P&S or have significant flexibility for a low price--without having to go the SLR & multiple lenses route. Quite honestly, I ordered it with an intention to return it because I knew it couldn't really be good in so many areas. I just wanted to give it the old college try, before spending a couple thousand for the full featured options.

I have not second guessed my decision for one minute.

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canon 1dmk2n, 40d and 350d
Sigma 10-20 24-70 70-200
Canon speedlite
borrowed "big guns" 300 and 400 f2.8 LIS Lenses

i also have a Olympus Mju1030

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
Most of the time, I use the following setups:

Nikon D90 + 18-200mm DX VR
Panasonic Lumix FX40

D.B.

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Panasonic Lumix ZS-1 so I could have a "pocket" camera when I don't want to lug around the DSLRs....

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Canon 1DSMK3 and EF200 F/2

Using mostly Canon 1D Bodies here, hoever I have also purchased a New Nikon D3 and Nikkor 200F/2 VR.. As for Video, i prefer the Canon XLH1 HD Unit..

Jerry

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Re: Canon 1DSMK3 and EF200 F/2

Wow this thread is still going? LOL. Well since my last post I've upgraded from the Nikon D70 to the D300, and my daily EDC camera - Canon SD700IS is now my wife's and I EDC the SD870IS. I've pre-ordered the Canon G11 as the middle ground camera between the D300 and SD870 and can't wait to get it. I'll also pick up the 270EX flash for it.
Lenses for the Nikon include the 18-70mm kit lens, 18-200mm VR, 50mm f1.8 prime, 70-300mm G. The 18-200 is the most used though.
I also do a bit of strobist photography and have 3 SB800 speedlights, Honl grids, snoot, gel holders, Rosco gel pack, umbrellas, 3 sets of stands - lightweight, mid and heavy weight (for my Alien Bees), and too many other accessories to mention!

bretti_kivi

Enlightened
Pentax K10D. Needs cleaning and an upgrade would be nice but depends on getting some work.
18-55, 24-70, 24, 50, 50-200, 85, 135 lenses, 2 x EF500, grip, battery. It'll do :)

Bret

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
My digital stuff is all Canon gear. From an SD450 to a 40D and soon to have (next week possibly) a 7D. Have a G10 and a Rebel XTI too. Got a pile of decent glass for the EOS system (some EF-S specific), a fairly decent wireless strobe setup, Gitzo/Induro/Manfrotto tripods in all flavors (almost as much of a sickness as lights are to many of you, tripods are to me).

Honestly, with almost $25k in camera gear, the most used camera in my line up for personal use is my SD450 in a watertight housing. I fish with it, and if it's me time during the summer, it's fishing! (That's me, a self portrait)

big%20larry.JPG

marokero

Newly Enlightened
All Nikon stuff: D3, D2xs, D200IR, several flashes and lenses, RRS flash bracket, Gitzo tripod and monopod, several Pelican cases, etc. I shoot weddings for a living, and the occasional autocross race, so it's a modest kit imo.