What did you use your flashlight for today?

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Might kill your sac too :p

Yeah...might not look completely like this...........
e8aranu2.jpg

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was caught without my EDC light in a fruit refrigeration chamber...
I was in a hurry to enter and check a crate of, but forgot to turn the lights on. When the door closed automatically, it was pitch dark, 32 degs F and hard to find the rope switch.
Out comes my fauxton and i walk out the door, to see a trucker's jaw drop...LOL

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
9avuvy5a.jpg

BUSTED!!!
No more complaining about buying lights................... And then I woke up :p

Caught this little rat. Stole my sd6vn to get into the way backs of the cabinet to get rid of the old stuff. . Caught a pretty big "busted smile" when she saw I took a pic.

ven

Flashaholic
Last week went to start truck and nothing,as if battery disconnected then could not replicate it...............till today :laughing: Checked all wires,battery ,earth etc etc then turned to barrel. Removed column,removed ign switch

Had to use my d03(glove box light) to illuminate behind and up the screw holes as they must have been 2" deep..........upside down and angled )

15mins of sweat in eyes its done,starts as usual on the button..............for now:thinking:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Last week went to start truck and nothing,as if battery disconnected then could not replicate it...............till today :laughing: Checked all wires,battery ,earth etc etc then turned to barrel. Removed column,removed ign switch

Had to use my d03(glove box light) to illuminate behind and up the screw holes as they must have been 2" deep..........upside down and angled )

15mins of sweat in eyes its done,starts as usual on the button..............for now:thinking:

Don't you hate that when motor vehicles misbehave! Last year my Chevy Cavalier refused to start...Turned out to be an in-line module that controlled other accessories not related to ignition system...Who knew! (PS : Used Olight M22 Warrior at work to retrieve Propane cylinders for gas powered Equipment. )

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brought myMaratac AAA Cu in the shower with me to check for ticks.
Used a flashlight recently for exact same purpose. Turns out just a <1 hour walk through some woods nearby was enough to pick up 3 of those nasties. :mad:

I hate ticks.
+1

This time I tried to drown them in some lubrication oil (in the hope that oil would saturate whatever the ticks use to channel air inside their body, and thus drown them). Came back a half hour later, and surprise: one of 'em had simply walked out of it.

On the plus side: chance of getting a disease from ticks is pretty low if removed quickly (and correctly!). Which is why I always follow up walks through woods or high grass with a self-check of feet, legs & yes, that other place... ;)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
ezenegy3.jpg

Over 35000 led lumens.
My camera couldn't take it lol.
All were on the highest mode possible. Looking at the single hotspot was blinding.

yzadeqed.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
College where I work at had a reunion for pretty much any previous classes up to 2004 and going back 60 years to 1954. (You'd be surprised how many former students from 60 years ago showed up for the initially 3-day, but turned into 2-day, event.)

Everyone was friendly, polite.... Back a few years ago, it was known as pretty much an all-womens college. Though legally it was open to men even back then. Met the only male graduate from the class of either '71 or '72. (Glenn was certainly an interesting individual.) Even the President came.... To his office to thank those returning, for donating to the college. He didn't bother addressing the rest of the returning Alums. Far from a Class Act quite frankly. Though the large portrait of him and his wife just outside his office speaks volumes about his Ego.

I was there to make sure everything went smoothly. Especially with the caterers during the reunion dinner, which surprisingly frighteningly few of the Alums stuck around for. During this time I was fixing a few posters and papers that were not placed properly on a couple of bulletin boards. One of the thumb-tacks (clear plastic ones) fell on the floor. Out came my S.S. Maratac AA model on high-mode to find it just outside the well-lite Commons.

Last edited: