What did you use your flashlight for today?

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Used my Quark X aa^2 to check on the kids last night. Moonlight mode is something I will be using a lot. It's a great feature! Looked for my kids toothbrush that was dropped between the bathroom sink and the wall. Today used it to inspect cars at work.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Used my jetbeam rrt01 to search for a empty milk bottle my ill son had dropped down the side of the bed! He gets a top up at around midnight, so had to find it without waking him and the wife! The jetbeam has THE lowest low and all one handed operation!

Richub

Enlightened
Last weekend I:

- Had to go cycling through that dark park again, this time I used my TK35 as an extra light. Got a few surprised reactions from other people about my lights, one reaction was: "Geez, I thought you were a motorcycle..." :)
- Used my E05 several times to light up dark corners/boxes looking for stuff.
- Annoyed the crap out of a friend of mine with my TK35. ;)
- Lit up a few fighting tomcats again to chase them off. A new neighbor was pretty surprised that my 'searchlight' was actually a flashlight.
- Read about Greta's struggle with conflicting software while moving CPF to a new server. Good luck solving those issues you came across. Thanks for all the effort. :)

Ishango

Enlightened
I now daily use my lights in the backyard when I let the puppy out at night. Since we do not have garden lights and it's so dark that even our white puppy is difficult to see it is an excellent place to try out my lights. I've been having fun these past days with my recently acquired Sunwayman V10R and several other lights. I also used my Quark 123 on moonmode to find some stuff in our closets in the bedroom while my girlfriend was already off to bed early.

melty

Newly Enlightened
Used my iTP A3 EOS to locate all the parts and reassemble the tip of the cigarette lighter plug for my wife's Garmin Navigator. She thought the navigator was dead... turns out the plug tip came unscrewed and the insides popped out all over the floor.

Used a Preon P0 SS so my 7-year-old daughter could read to me. Perfect reading light!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I worked on a friend's car. The throttle valve grommet had broken and the transmission had gone wild! New bushing--no more problems. Without a couple of flashlights--that job would have been a severe PITA. As it was.... it was just nuts & bolts.

Richub

Enlightened
By the time I was going to bed, I heard a man swear loudly near my front door. He dropped a bicycle key in a dark corner near my front garden. As there are many dogs in my neighborhood, he was very reluctant to go on all fours to find his key feeling around there. ;)
From my bathroom window on the first floor, my Fenix PD31 nicely lit up that corner and that man quickly found his key, right next to a big pile of dog crap. :)

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
I was at a home inspection yesterday and the inspector went up in the attic to check it out. He had a 4D maglight. I said, "here use this I guarantee it's brighter." He couldnt believe how bright my Surefire Fury was and asked where he could get one. :thumbsup:

yliu

Enlightened
Someone thought it was funny to turn off the lights while I was in the toilet. Luckily I had my JetBeam BA10 with me:)

turshi

Newly Enlightened
This past weekend I moved into my new house for school. It was a room that I rented and the house didn't have bright lights, especially in my room. Even more so, we decided to go in late at night. Luckily for me, I had my 4Sevens Quark Mini CR2 to use as a candlelight in my room so we could organize everything. I walked around the house to check to see how the place looked and used my Quark 123. This was also used to light up the walls in my bathroom to see if there was dust or other creepy things lurking around. We were assembling the bed and decided to not bring a screwdriver. Lucky for me, I had my skeletool and the scissors on my style were used a lot to cut open packages. I'm glad I EDC, and my parents have stopped pestering me about carrying a bunch of crap ever since :twothumbs

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Quark 2x123 to help a friend do dishes, the lighting in the kitchen was not enough.

Cody017.jpg

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
Used my d-c-fixed LD01 R3 as a headlamp, trying to fight off ant invasion from the outside of my appartment. Caulking every tiniest crevice on the terrace and inside the flat took me at least two hours of frantic work. I assume that this year's weird temperature changes - or maybe adaptation works in my appartment building - caused the large ant nest to migrate, making life miserable to many of my neighbours...

Danielight

Enlightened
Used my Romisen RC-T601 II XM-L U2 under the hood, looking for a possible antifreeze leak. Saw some antifreeze, but couldn't pinpoint the problem area, so took it to my mechanic shop. They were able to pressure-test the system and found it was the water pump they had installed last year. Fortunately, the pump was still covered under warranty, so they replaced it, no charge. :sweat:

sadboy

Newly Enlightened
Patching up a wound. After washing the blood off my foot, my Malkoff Nichia 219 made an almost invisible puncture visible.

Illum

Flashaholic
Helped an armadillo cross a road today... being able to cast a solid beam of light on an animal from 10 feet away and allowed the driver enough time to slow and avoid it makes me so proud to know my carry light saves lives.

If anyone should ask, its a stock G3 with 2x17500s. My walk across a neighborhood section with intermittent road lights takes a little over two hours, the "hotwire" can provide me with 30 minutes of "critical, need to have, nondimming" light if I need it. We have alot of wildlife, mostly nonhostile... but being in a wooded area I did not want to be around bobcats and not know it.