What did you use your flashlight for today?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
That reminds me of an old "Car Talk" call-in. The guy found a fairly large spot on the garage floor under his Toyota. First thing he did was to touch it and it wasn't oily so he reasoned it wasn't motor oil. It wasn't red so he knew it wasn't tranny fluid. It didn't smell sweet so it wasn't coolant. Last thing to do was to put the tip of his now wet finger to the tip of his tongue. Well, he then knew it wasn't battery acid. But the taste was weird.

So what could it have been he wondered?

It was then he saw his neighbors' tom cat slinking out of the garage...

I never ever bring unknown substances to my tongue... now I know why! I also now know why I need to get a UV flashlight...

mat_the_cat

Newly Enlightened
I went out to a pub in Liverpool at the weekend and one of the guys brought his girlfriend along. To my surprise she brought out not one but two torches, and then started shining them in people's eyes.:shakehead Although they were only single 5mm LED cheapies it was still annoying so I brought out my A2 and shone it around a bit (avoiding eyes!) I do wish I'd got something brighter with me, but it has the Lumens Factory LA, and is brighter than most unenlightened people expect from a pocket torch. She didn't shine anything in anyone's eyes afterwards.:D

Bigpal

Enlightened
This guy ran up a tree when my dog and I approached. I lit up the tree and there he was, probably thinking 'I hope these things can't climb trees'!

49ecab35.jpg

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Used my HDS Rotary to spot a couple of frogs while I was watering the garden last night. My 7yr old daughter said they looked like toads. Also used the HDS Rotary to see if I had filled up the coffee maker to 8 cups, early this morning. I really like this flashlight.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Used the Quark AA to look inside the floor model couch to verify that yes, it really did have a hardwood frame. When the lithium battery fell off a cliff in the Quark, used my Illuminati CA1 to examine the outside and back of the floor model couch and loveseat. My wife used hers as well while we debated the significance of the little scuff marks in the leather...happily they can be fixed and we can now drag our old couch to the curb.

My wife's keyring light does 100 lumens...what a world we live in. Oh, and 2 is 1 and 1 is none. And if you have a flashlight in your pocket every day, you'll use it every day.

Bill
( The Quark AA L91 had been testing out around 1.5 volts for weeks now, so it was not surprising that it quit...usually I have an extra L91 in my computer bag during the week, but recklessly didn't bring a spare cell for it on Saturday morning.)

Outback Joe

Newly Enlightened
I have a two that are with me daily, I have a LED Lenser V2 that I use almost everyday just so my old eyes can see into areas that need more light. I also have a little single sell Coast single LED that fits perfect in my watch pocket. I do a lot of work on RC aircraft so having a good light with me is mandatory. When working around the house the little Coast single cell can be held in my mouth, not ideal biting on aluminum housing but it works.

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened
I used my preon 2 to look into a few dark shelf corners and to look into another light I was tinkering with. I love this light, it's always clipped in my front pocket so it's my go to light. When I pull it out to help someone else to illuminate something it feels elegent and utilitarian.

turshi

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a job at a restaurant as a bartender. The boss was looking in a storage shelf that was very deep for some wine with a cheap small maglite and told me that we ran out of whatever we were looking for. I pulled out my Preon as i carry it clipped in my front pocket daily and turned it to medium, it out blew his light and he freaked out. Needless to say, I may have gotten on his good side thanks to my lightty

buds224

Enlightened
Changed a florescent bulb in our bathroom ceiling. Of my entire collection of lights, I did not have a headlamp, would have been much easier. I decided to tailstand my Xeno E03 Warm Tint on full blast. It worked, but I sure wish I still had a headlamp.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got caught in a spider web at work. I tried to see it with my PD20, but I think I ripped it all off. Later I had an itchy bump on my shoulder blade :ironic:

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Used my Thrunite TN12 to find my way through a heavy manufacturing plant at work...after all the night shift must of shut all the lights off on their way out! Needed a good light, as there are lots of big things to trip over and smash your shins against (I've done it before).

tam17

Enlightened
Checked the new radiator on my VW for leaks with a little help from d-c-fixed Fenix LD01. Everything's A-OK:)

meganjoe

Newly Enlightened
Underwater Kinetics 4AA

These are the lights they give us in a Power Plant. Used it today to read some wire markers in an electrical box.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Put the diffuser wand on my Xeno E03 and hung it over the food table at out campfire all night last night. Lit the area like a champ, but on low it was low enough to maintain a good campfire atmosphere. Also got several comments on how cool it looked ;).

I got my RRT3 on the moonlight mode today while I am drinking coffee with my spouse at home and the light acted as a mood enhancer shining on the cups, hahahha! :)

B.B.

Newly Enlightened
I use mine everyday to walk the dogs. I have a beagle/basset mix (bagel) and a Border Collie/Jack Russel Terrier mix.

Down here in Fl, I like to watch for reptiles (snakes/gators) and unfortunately ya gotta scoop the poop.