What did you use your flashlight for today?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
What caused that? It's sidewall damage and not your usual type of flat tire. OT, I know, but could not help myself.

Bill

kj2

Flashaholic
Used my SR52vn last night, for the first time. First Vn-light so didn't really know what to expect...
Well.. I found out what -Vn means :p That SR52vn throws like hell :D and still has a useful spill :) Engraving and dedoming-job is nicely done so am pleased with it.

sgtish

Newly Enlightened
Used my Mac tools 500 lumen light for a couple of aircraft walkarounds (just testing how well it performs against my 3D Mag and it did well). Used my Mag 3D LED to check tires on another aircraft walkaround. Used some kind of Chinese light rated at 2000 lumens, that really wasn't that bright, to navigate some dark stairs. The last light has no spill over but the wide focus function works great. Also used a Mag AA LED for some close up work. Didn't have the opportunity to use my cheapo headlamp but that also does give enough light for any work in front of me. Is that too many for a single day? Flashlights and headlamps are a wonderful thing!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
9apyqede.jpg

Pd35vn xpl triple
To cheer up my buddy last night.
No flash, no other lighting at all.
Talk about wall of light!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Couple of nights back, was on break at my 3rd shift job. Walked past a darkened copy place and could have sworn I saw something moving. Out came the main light I carry for work purposes, an old Original model Eagletac P10A (back from when the company first existed). I keep mine always on high-mode. Switched it on.... nothing. Eyes start to play tricks on you as you get older.

BTW, not a fan of Eagletac. This is the one and only model I own from the company. I use it as my main work light because if something happens to it one night, I'm not going to care one wit about it. Same thing with the loaner light I carry in my work bag/Get Home Bag.

1pt21

Enlightened
I work nights..on my way home last night I blew a tire, used my mini maglite to see while changing it..pic of the hole..incase anyone's interested

You've got some alignment issues man. The wear markers are clearly visible on the outside of the tread, yet non-existent on the inside. From the pics it appears to have exposed the steel belt, and as you've found out this severely weakens the structural integrity of the tire.

Is the vehicle on an aftermarket suspension, lowered or been in an accident??

If I were you I'd get an alignment when you replace the tires, as to not tear through another set.

My .02

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used the flashlight app on my smartphone while checking on a friend's house tonight. It was pretty dark outside and I was tripping over some things in their garden until I turned on the light.

Ishango

Enlightened
The past week and the weekend were a real nice flashlight week. Last week my Elzetta Alpha (model A113), HDS LE 200 and Prometheus Beta-QR EN arrived. Each of them is a beautiful light.

My girlfriend has an American friend visiting over here. He told her you can never have enough lights while getting some lights from his suitcase, although she thought he uses pretty mundane ones (at least she's starting to learn :naughty: ). I might get a chance to train him this week and then sent him back as a true flashaholic (and next time he might be able to take a few nice lights along for me) :crackup:

RCM

Enlightened
You've got some alignment issues man. The wear markers are clearly visible on the outside of the tread, yet non-existent on the inside. From the pics it appears to have exposed the steel belt, and as you've found out this severely weakens the structural integrity of the tire.

Is the vehicle on an aftermarket suspension, lowered or been in an accident??

If I were you I'd get an alignment when you replace the tires, as to not tear through another set.

My .02
Yeah..I know it's an alignment issue. Everything is stock, I already had the alignment fixed, and replaced all 4!
Powers been flashing here alot tonight due to thunderstorms, wish it would stay out so I can use my lights:D

Last edited:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
12 Midnight trash run...Life of a 3rd shift worker...Used TK 15 s2 at about 25-30yards to illuminate a back parking lot area in pitch black conditions... Smartphone camera had some difficulty focusing but shows 400lms of collimated power on target...
e4abynev.jpg

troutbum1971

Newly Enlightened
I use my Peak Eiger to check electrical wires on air handlers for hvac units. I also use it to check all the door locks and make my way to the fridge at night before bed.

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
A couple nights a go, my sibling got stuck on our way home from vacation on the NJ turnpike. I was 1 exit ahead so I circled back to help them out and take some passengers. The whole vacation my inlaws joked that I carry too many lights with me for no reason, even in daylight. even when in bright sunlight and on a boat on the water. Luckily I had my Klarus ST11 on my person. I keep the CH11 charger and a usb car charger for accessories so it's always full charge. I had 2 budget lights and I set one on SOS facing the woods on the side so people could see we were there but without blinding on coming traffic.

I used the ST11 on second highest setting to look under the car, peel off some plastic and determine the huge leak they had from their radiator. We waited for the port authority to tow it. When the guy got there he pulled out a tiny 3AAA triple LED walmart special that was maybe 50-100 lumens and he literally took a step back when he saw mine on high 900 Lumen to help get the hitch around the wheels.

I am going to ask in the suggest me a light section, but my siblings were so unprepared it shocked me. Even having THREE lights didnt seem like enough for me. I am going to make a post about looking for some sort of LED AAA or AA triangles for road hazard. Something longer lasting than 30 minute flares or just the reflective ones.

Glad I did have 3 lights on me, and glad we could get off the side of the road as quickly as we could with trucks doing 80mph !

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for that story, and I'm glad you guys were safe! This, along with the other thread about car EDC, is making me interested in buying some road triangles to go along with what I normally carry.

I need to replace some lights in the kitchen of my apartment, but in the meantime I used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to cook dinner last night. I could have gotten by without it, but it made things much easier to see.

While leaving my in-laws house a couple days ago it was also pitch-black outside, so we used my Fenix PD32UE to light up the whole driveway and make it easy to navigate to our cars. There are a lot of deer in the area so it is nice to see what is in front of you (they often wander around the property).

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I accidentally dropped a dollar bill in a hotel trashcan while waiting for the elevator, so I used my PD32UE to illuminate the can's insides and retrieve the cash.