What did you use your flashlight for today?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Used my Bushnell penlight to show an older co-worker where the horribly annoying, loud buzzing sound from the front desk comes from. A pair of stacked monitor boxes have a fan built into the back of the desk that sometimes acts up. (Some idiot constructed the fan around the desk over 20 years ago, if not longer. With no way to access the small fan for cleaning.)

. Awhile back, I discovered the real culprit. I also discovered that if you jam the wooden stick that the main work-keys are attached to into the blades of the little fan, the insanity driving noise; stops!
If you can get to it with a stick, you may be able to blast it with compressed air to clean it. That MIGHT work, or the bearings or bushings may be shot.

Over the years, I had a few computer power supply fans start to make noise, and hitting them with a leaf blower cleaned them well enough to silence them. Although, I have replaced a couple computer tower fans.

Good luck.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night we had a wine and cheese, murder mystery party.
Six of us got together, each brought a bottle of wine and an appetizer, snack, or dessert.
One brought seasoned, marinated, braised T bone lamb chops (yummy). :)

I used the yellow LED candle in the picture below to set some ambiance, but turned the lights on so that it was easier to read our play acting parts. chuckle ... I wasn't going to hand out little flashlights :rolleyes: or force everyone to sit with dark adjust eyes.

The invitation went something like this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a cnq S2 2*AAA stainless XPG2 CW penlight 3 mode, 120lm high, 10lm low, and strobe, no memory. Taking a line up, mug shot with other suspected weapons.

There is going to be a dinner party,
there'll be some wine and cheese.

When the lights go out,
There is going to be a murder!

Will my S2 be the weapon? She says NO!
or will it be a lead pipe,
a cork screw,
or meat tenderizer?

I guess time will tell.

How long will that candle burn?

aGL49dLsc4_5Z9fctmneuo1n5YRUJoFtkYkOeRbfwnDciy6j7EbRRk47gOdpqCPbZP7pXP3U3tste2m0X0lwyCHgKGkfXYL23O3GQialUuk5T_nxrXRN14PmgLhf7Z_jBfisbXqqbg_fHwW0vYQYDYfHQ5aD5cEkhkNBW_uuQDjsoXBLR14UULmULoGvzcHAcOc0UwE4Lm1TqEevx_GkqkhVTA0Tnn8J2jDdBOlnxgiYYSVgHhfCrXQRaRbyWOt1XtupeHTsM188MFyAxFqSoAuxeOb0DvQx8jYYe2BrK-Qr80zHDduymtva36UkVMz2-YxqVv4WsF-xHh4k7ID0rKVXr9v9PK-MEUtPTlY9UzZSq_86hSXglMnsG6ZBv6HQV-oWar-hxFABdRCFPRYq7rnVsPqrVtoAroqg7fRviMvx91lKu8sRYxs3RgdLBheO6Kjpga4maHEM9odbt1GYg1nkC4fdS1kx7DB7AObpSOFNFGT__6jDfH5_ezaCILtD-mFT1sFMZ5OjDBU0brfkg0JfCvL72MdldWu-I8V28koDaWZURi6z_G8uutc2DvUS1Khi=w506-h899-no

Rangenazi1

Newly Enlightened
Used my Streamlight SL-35 to walk down the hill to the chicken coup and lock the girls in for the night and check the area for critters.

ven

Flashaholic
ven,
I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your new C2 so much! :)

Cheers poppy:)

I love my C2's!!!!! one malk'd and one vinh'd............

Not gone incan as planned tonight, xhp70 de-dome and xp-l HI 4000k for tonight's uses

:)

tex.proud

Enlightened
Have you ever had on of those days where you know you own something, but can't remember for the life of you where it is? I have a maxpedition universal flashlight holster somewhere that I may use with my newest light, but need to find it. Using the Olight S2 to search every cabinet, drawer, nook, and cranny! Taking a break a moment before getting back to it. I KNOW it's somewhere.:banghead:

6ad1ea31-e1bf-473f-9b4d-fa3f6a6052bd_zpsczfdzuju.jpg

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Volunteered as an usher at my wife's concert (she plays flute in an orchestra). They tried to give me a flashlight MUHAHAHAHA! Surefire LX2 in my pocket. Perfect for low-level showing people where the aisle was and getting them to their seat, always with high on tap should I need it.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looked down a confined space grain elevator with the TiS...lit up so nice and bright the co worker commented on how much light came from a little device.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ neato.

The wifes middle son took us out to dinner and a movie last night.
I carried my 1976 Eveready Commander in my jacket pocket.
When the movie was over I was standing in the aisle shining that old usher light on some steps.

Of course the millenials looked at me like I was a terrorists and hurredly passed by.
One guy remarked to his date "I haven't seen an usher in a theatre in a long time."

Poppy

Flashaholic
^^ neato.

The wifes middle son took us out to dinner and a movie last night.
I carried my 1976 Eveready Commander in my jacket pocket.
When the movie was over I was standing in the aisle shining that old usher light on some steps.

Of course the millenials looked at me like I was a terrorists and hurredly passed by.
One guy remarked to his date "I haven't seen an usher in a theatre in a long time."
Oh.. that's funny :)

Did you accept any tips?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nobody offered.

Seriously, most looked at me like I was that dude in Colorado that went bizerk.

I did tip the popcorn server though.
She quipped "I'm not allowed"...
Crazy mixed up times these are, now that the hippies are in charge of everything.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Nobody offered.

Crazy mixed up times these are, now that the hippies are in charge of everything.
Hmmm, that may actually be a good thing.
Perhaps they are paying her at least minimum wage.

When I was a kid, I worked for a couple of months at a fast food burger place. They paid us less than minimum wage, and got away with it because we might get tips. Yeah... right! We never got any tips. So, if they don't permit her to take tips, that would be hard to explain to the government why they should be allowed to pay less than minimum.

Crazy... mixed up? Yeah... I agree.

I used my 3tronics triple XP L Hi convoy S2+ to light up office space that a friend might rent. The power must have been off at the main.

1ncH3f32iAPJhK89bXzXUWfN83guotON3wDb2LXD6Ux3Eq6HdlJsTv2CgI8mSZiPdsPPFyOMBIwQ2XWZuizzV8qjkfNQa5cYDfgDXh95X1tkIVkVC6bGMUvL8dRSC7VaiB_oz7BNYiTXpm9PXah9hskvR8yLDIrRQciAi6LvJ62bFiljMj6g213EVHsQeNtagevutpH2twQKejWI7336n5-gUNShIAjtVuyPcJebgBzc6HXldhv9oy1PPUMFc8cHdw0MLr859FFQ_8cq_Z-pdu5QRG4m2ThPJ07f-taBnMLzsTE5-wR3z9qx0naQivdk4rMazyBuDlmINiKmIO9ZfDJ92t2MdyCKgmSFX3kCPuT2TpvRalZCHEO81Eo4vIHbMuBMp_84p04tX2R_-prHrqp1K__1LgkcASJu78TsRhwMRXrghD_mncd4Lj-MTuYNPAkpa-2tANsULxMna60ptNBzcL8Z2SAX-nX3mFPJgtIuIkYWz5e23rikPtAIa8uY2GQQSCFBOVktMa2jFsAa-g6fCtwitZqK4eVsNixEPZanwYYBuuYSvAEV8X2Ceaz60lC-nnhFCSbMg90QJQkDSDptX8LEsDw=w697-h775-no

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nobody offered.

It's worse than that. These are hipsters. Picture hippies, but make them obsessed with money, fashion trends, and political correctness. They kept the weed though.

radiopej

Enlightened
I've been using my Klarus XT11S for the last few weeks almost exclusively. I use it when I walk back home from teaching my Tuesday and Wednesday classes that end at 9pm. It's a review sample so I wanted to make sure it got a proper workout. I'm switching back to my Fenix TK16 and TK22 tonight and tomorrow so I can compare the differences I may have overlooked (things I'll miss about the XT11S that I wouldn't notice because I got used to them).

I also keep my Fenix CL05 flashing in red on my backpack so I don't accidentally get hit by cyclists on my walk.

Ishango

Enlightened
I've been camping last week with my girlfriend and the kids. I've been using my Fenix CL20 as lantern every night. Used my Olight S20 ceiling bouncing on the tent porch when extra light was needed. Furthermore between the both of us we used my Armytek Prime A1, SC52w, HDS EDC 120E and D25A for various activities. It was a nice week for a flashaholic :)