What did you use your flashlight for today?

ven

Flashaholic
Used the HDS to navigate the stairs and hall way of death, searching for discarded school clothes in HI CRI.

Mission successful:rolleyes:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used the HDS to navigate the stairs and hall way of death, searching for discarded school clothes in HI CRI.

Mission successful:rolleyes:

Wow, ven, you like to live on the edge! [emoji23] You are clearly braver than me. :D

I gave a friend who thinks that a Makita Incan is "adequate lumens" my T6vn for taking his kids out to the car. That much power in the hands of a flashlight agnostic ( or if you prefer Latin over Greek, ignoramus) was wasted.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Enjoyed playing with my MH20 last night while waiting for the coals to braai some lamb riblets and chops. From using low to check on the meat, and cranking to turbo to check the garden for ninjas sneaking up on me.

Alas, no ninjas, but the lamb was fantastic.

ven

Flashaholic
Wow, ven, you like to live on the edge! [emoji23] You are clearly braver than me. :D

I gave a friend who thinks that a Makita Incan is "adequate lumens" my T6vn for taking his kids out to the car. That much power in the hands of a flashlight agnostic ( or if you prefer Latin over Greek, ignoramus) was wasted.

The edge of the sofa, its a killer drop to the floor of doooooom:p

Overkill is always welcome, maybe next time give him a maxabeam for any loose change under the sofa:D

Generally for around house duties, low outputs for me, variable or infinite or rotary works well in the UI department. A 4000k /hi cri just finishes off the EDC close up/use tint! Catching uo on some walkind dead last night, the HDS was in my hands all the time..........one of those lights i find hard to put down(even when not on):crazy:

CoastalLifePhotography

Newly Enlightened
I can't remember what flashlight it was because it's in the drink, but I was using it squidding at the time. Lol Was pretty cool watching it still lit on the bottom and the squid swimming up to and through the beam.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Had the Olight S1 for EDC today, as we weren't planning to come back after dark.

Except we did, and had a flat tyre. Out came the light-maker to assist.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first stop of the day is a Drs office on the 3rd floor of an office bldg. I use the stairs at all my deliveries to keep in shape, plus the first week on this job I got stuck in 2 elevators, 2 different bldgs. For some reason they never turn the light on when they unlock the bldg for the day so I either use my toolvn or minivn to run up the stairs. I know where the light switches are, but that just takes the fun out of being a flashaholic.

I also used my Xvn to burn a hole in my nightstand. & that was on the low setting. I was fixing my sons yo-yo and couldn't see the knot so I turned the light on to look in it and just as I started to unravel it I put the light bezel down. Mind you, light escapes the cutout to let you know it's on, but I was so busy showing off with the yoyo I totally forgot I was a flashaholic for a minute.

Flashy808

Enlightened
I also used my Xvn to burn a hole in my nightstand. & that was on the low setting. I was fixing my sons yo-yo and couldn't see the knot so I turned the light on to look in it and just as I started to unravel it I put the light bezel down. Mind you, light escapes the cutout to let you know it's on, but I was so busy showing off with the yoyo I totally forgot I was a flashaholic for a minute.

Wow any pics of the burnt marks? It must of looked pretty cool with the bezel cutouts maybe it looked something like a flaring sun? :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was having trouble with the mechanical disk brakes on my new bike. They've been creating vibrations when I use the rear brake, so today I used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to work on the bike hands-free. I just sanded the pads and the rotor and then cleaned everything off with rubbing alcohol.

Then I went for a quick ride to test things out, and so far the rear feels better than the front, so that's progress! Hopefully it will continue to feel good. Maybe I'll even do the front separately. I don't know if some junk got on them when the bike was put together (not by me) or what, but we'll see. I'm definitely having a blast with the bike though.

Oh, and speaking of that, I have been riding a lot and still been using the Fenix BC30 as the headlight. It's been awesome.

ven

Flashaholic
Used my HDS 250 rotary on the lowest setting, to walk up the stairs at 2:45AM.

:laughing: So did I, well it was a little earlier, maybe 2.15am ish and it was not on the lowest setting, maybe about 20lm level:candle:

Great minds and all that:D

kj2

Flashaholic
:laughing: So did I, well it was a little earlier, maybe 2.15am ish and it was not on the lowest setting, maybe about 20lm level:candle:

Great minds and all that:D

Find that the lowest setting is enough for me to clearly see were to walk. And a big plus is that I don't disturb anyone else :)

ven

Flashaholic
Find that the lowest setting is enough for me to clearly see were to walk. And a big plus is that I don't disturb anyone else :)

Wait till you get over 40 (jk) , yes too high for bedroom, i dial mine down and aim it low. If my eyes are already adapted, lower output certainly works:)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Walked a fellow co-worker to her car with my SF.P2X.F.IB in hand and illuminating dark corners along the way. :grin2:

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Today i walked with my dog and there was a bush on the floor when we pasd i felt a littel pain in my Thumb than i used my ultrefire mini cree (that i modded it do use a reflector instead of lens) with that l could see i had a small cut i there and clean it with a leaf it didn't hurt but it was nice finely use my edc flashlight for anything other than riding my bike

Torky455

Newly Enlightened
I was at a friends house helping him get his Camaro back together, he's under strict instructions from his 17yr old daughter that is MUST be done on time for her prom...this friday. So, he's under the car welding the new exhaust up for the 496" big block, when the main breaker for the shop trips and it gets real dark real quick!...(of course the breaker box is located in the opposite corner of the somewhat cluttered shop). Within a few seconds I had my SC62W lighting the whole place up. :twothumbs I also used my S1 Baton to light up behind the grille so I could mount the trans cooler. Good day for pocket lights!

Dave Dunn

Newly Enlightened
AAA batteries cheaper for daily use than 18650 or CR123A batteries,so the cheap torches get much more use than their more expensive counterparts :)