What did you use your flashlight for today?

1DaveN

Enlightened
I'm using my CL25R as the main light in my bedroom, while waiting for a replacement for the regular lamp that went bad. And it's working great :)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Side-by-Side Comparison:

ic50O4cl.jpg

p1tZ1Lcl.jpg

Doesn't matter to me, 'cause I'll EDC these anyways.

radiopej

Enlightened
Used my Olight S1 to illuminate shelving in my sister's garage while we assembled it. I've been up in Brisbane for a few days helping. Came in handy :)

Richub

Enlightened
Used my Fenix E05 to help a neighbour find something in a dark shed, and 5 minutes later helped him order one online for himself. :D
He also bought an LD22 for regular use.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A couple of years ago my wife started a garden of flowering items in what we hope to become a tranquil spot in our backyard. It's one of those projects where time fills in the gaps. We dug out all of the lousy soil in a given area to 24" deep and replaced it with compost, then a year later planted a few baby bushes and bulbs etc. The year wait allowed mother nature to consolidate the soil and gave us a chance to get a grasp on future weed control needs.

For our anniversary I expanded it about in a direction where new items will get longer sun time as the current area gets mid day sun only.

Last night I showed her the baby bush I had planted using his and her right angle head TL-122 style incan lights.
The pair of 50 or so lumen lights lit things all nice and gentle while still allowing the ground level solar lamps to gently light shadows.
We discussed future plans around her new bush that'll be a center piece.

Then for kix n giggles I pulled out my new 420 lumen number by the Photon King and turned it on.
I hear "woah!" from the next door neighbor who was sitting in darkness.
I chuckled as the little 1 cell light was turning off all of those solar lights. Off, on, off, on.
The wife was impressed.

Last edited:

Ishango

Enlightened
Came home late last night. I learned that my daughter had left her socks on the playground (fairly large) around the corner which is unlit. Took out my new Fenix E15 2016 edition and put it on turbo. Wow, this tiny light lit up the whole playground and huge sandbox. I had no trouble at all to find the black pair of socks within seconds.

camelight

Newly Enlightened
2 days ago i went fishing and i used few of my flashlights al the athoer fishermen was very seprised when i got there. All the athoers used those simple 5mm leds flashlights but then i got there with my klarus g30 and it lighfed all the lake it was the first time i use it and it was amazing
And yesterday I used it agin. We have gests in my home and there is no lightning in the back yerd but we wanted to si there so i attached the klarus g30 to the second floor window and i light ed up all my back yerd

Have to say both times i was surprised from its runtime on trubo

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Visiting a friend in another city for the day. Arrive only to find the power is out and my friend comes down using his phone light. No problem. Out comes the sc52d. Light up the stairwell and get to the apartment where I provided lighting for the next 45 minutes until the power came back on. Quite satisfying.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Started restoring an oldy.

Used a wooden dowel to hammer things back to normal.

So later I hope to use it to light shadows, but for now it aint going yet...

It's amazing that someone would try to sell something as old and crappy as that, even more amazing that someone would be willing to PAY for something as old and crappy as that.

LOL... This is living proof, that flashaholics walk among us, :) and we love them for it! :thumbsup:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've been using ONE+ work lights helping with a bus conversion at Dallas Maker Space. On the 4AH batteries they will run for something like 3 hours and light up a scene better than 10x the wattage in halogen. Not always the best choice for detail work; especially when trying to drill holes to secure new bus roof and the roofing material is hammered galvanized steel and you're working the curve near the edge - your pupils will get some exercise snapping open and shut.

I do wonder about the longevity of the ONE+ work lights for heavy use. The DMS units are starting to cook their phosphor coatings - likely related to their typical run patterns of multiple 3+ hour stretches back-to-back.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Went whitewater rafting with the family today and when we got back to the rafting office the power was out.

Luckily I had my Manker E14, H600w, H603w, L10C, and Maratac/Preon1 with me/in my pack for a total of ~3800 lumens. :laughing:

I didn't want to look like too much of a crazy person, so I just brought out the H600w and E14 to light up the office with a ceiling bounce. I got a couple of "holy crap those are some bright flashlights" comments. :laughing: Just too bad the ceiling was wood, not white, and eating up some lumens.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I have a coworker that is REALLY into guns. He doesn't have a safe, but rather a room full of them. Black powder, bolt action, AR/AK, pistols, bows, crossbows,...if it shoots he not only has it, but has studied it. A regular encyclopedia of guns. Yeah, he's a bit of a prepper. Although he knows nothing of knives. We chat about these things, and he has purchased a couple top notch knives based on my recommendations. This said...today he asked me about the multitool on my belt. Saying something about using the knives that I recommended and being impressed, so he figured he would ask me what multitool I carry. (Grin) I had to tell him that it isn't a multitool. It's a sheath for one that I carry my torch in. He said "Torch?". I giggled. He mentioned buying a couple Surefire lights back in the day. I like them, but in today's market there is a lot more available for different tasks. He was looking for an all-around light that he could use for most all situations. Hunting, fishing, camping, etc...He already has gun lights. Stuck on the surefires, which I really can't fault him on. So I pulled out my Zebralight SC600w MKIII Hi, walked him through the UI and features. We even walked down to the storage room to cut out the light and let him see what you can't in a flourescent tube lit room. He's purchasing one tonight, and expressed interest in knowing more. I pointed him here. That's what I used my flashlight for today.

Tex.Proud

irongate

Enlightened
I have a coworker that is REALLY into guns. He doesn't have a safe, but rather a room full of them. Black powder, bolt action, AR/AK, pistols, bows, crossbows,...if it shoots he not only has it, but has studied it. A regular encyclopedia of guns. Yeah, he's a bit of a prepper. Although he knows nothing of knives. We chat about these things, and he has purchased a couple top notch knives based on my recommendations. This said...today he asked me about the multitool on my belt. Saying something about using the knives that I recommended and being impressed, so he figured he would ask me what multitool I carry. (Grin) I had to tell him that it isn't a multitool. It's a sheath for one that I carry my torch in. He said "Torch?". I giggled. He mentioned buying a couple Surefire lights back in the day. I like them, but in today's market there is a lot more available for different tasks. He was looking for an all-around light that he could use for most all situations. Hunting, fishing, camping, etc...He already has gun lights. Stuck on the surefires, which I really can't fault him on. So I pulled out my Zebralight SC600w MKIII Hi, walked him through the UI and features. We even walked down to the storage room to cut out the light and let him see what you can't in a flourescent tube lit room. He's purchasing one tonight, and expressed interest in knowing more. I pointed him here. That's what I used my flashlight for today.

Tex.Proud

Nice going!
and he does not have a safe-wow, but then what can I say-LOL I only need one gun light, that is all.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
On Air France flight 98, Detroit to Paris, main lights out, someone fainted, and flight attendant was grappling with first aid equipment in near dark. I mouth held my Olight S2 Baton and shed some light on the situation. I received a polite "Thank you".

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, great stories! I've been using my lights for more mundane tasks lately. Getting ready for bed, riding my bike at night, etc. I hope to go on a night hike again soon as well.

cerbie

Enlightened
Not today, but a couple days ago. I decided to go take a walk on some trails after work, to. One thing that pisses me off are litterbugs, but especially in areas like that. I mean, seriously, have some respect, and hold whatever it is for a few hundred feet until the next trash can (one item was even a used fast food bag, with the food packaging stuffed in it, left on a hill, within sight of a trash can)! If I come across anything easy to pick up, I throw it away. I noticed some large drink cans away from a clearing, that looked like either energy drinks or cheap alcohol. The sun was still very bright, but the trees, weeds, and everything else created such a dense cover that the ground there was just a brown-green shadowy blob, having eyes well-adjusted to the sun. So, I shed some light on it, with my trusty MDC.

It looked like they had come from the other side, where there was a 8ft or so diameter grassy, yet shaded, clearing, and that there was a small natural pathway from that clearing, leading away from where I was. I would have had to tear up the vegetation to get there and retrieve the cans, or explore the path. So, those cans are still there. Anticlimactic, but c'est la vie.