What did you use your flashlight for today?

ven

Flashaholic
I sometimes design outdoor "accent" lighting for retail and commercial clients and there is no better way to show them the effects I propose (for permanent installations of hard wired fixtures) than to temporarily set up my (warm) TN12 2016, Zebralight (any), ArmyTek headlights and others to show the effects and angles. They run all night (on private property- never had one missing) and eliminate any question about "what will it look like?"... Did this last night.

Thats a pretty awesome use , have you any pics to show a little of your work. Be interesting to see the beams/colour temps.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that's pretty cool.

I used my Acebeam X45vn to both show off for family on Saturday as well as light up (on the lowest setting lol) a card game we were playing in my aunt's dark living room. Earlier that afternoon I also used the Emisar D4vn to light up a relative's car trunk when we replaced some cabling for the backup lights. Would have been very hard to achieve that goal without the help of the light even though we worked on it during the day.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
UK Met Office: "Red Warning for Snow in Scotland"

Me: "That sounds like a challenge to me!"

Walked over to the local park with my trusty Convoy X3, admired the look of everything covered in six inches of snow, made Bat Signals through blizzards of snowflakes, made sure I was still in touch with my inner three year old, stuff like that :)

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps I should be posting this up in a few days when I actually go, but the wife signed up the family for some playtime at a flashaholic's playground. Completely her idea too! Gotta get the gear ready...

40544978561_03f65a9df4_c.jpg

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
furring and drywalling in dark hallways and eaves with Zebralight H602w; least versatile light but most often used, it runs batteries down about 8 times more often than my favorite lights due to frequent use, I forget I'm wearing it, there's just light wherever I look, all day long.
It pays for itself every week, at the very least.

ven

Flashaholic
Perhaps I should be posting this up in a few days when I actually go, but the wife signed up the family for some playtime at a flashaholic's playground. Completely her idea too! Gotta get the gear ready...

40544978561_03f65a9df4_c.jpg

:rock:
Now i see 3 lights, thats you, the super cool wife.....................guess i will have to take the 3rd for you:D

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Two is one, one is none, and all that...lol.

Actually the third one is for my daughter.

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore SRT3 as a reading light with a white cone diffuser on the head. Actually works very, very well for that, especially with 16340s so you dont needlessly burn up CR123s.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Which one will you be carrying?

Not sure. The wife has her own TK11. I offered her another light, but she's not interested. She's had the Fenix a while and it's served her well, so she doesn't see the point of another light. Women...:thinking:

Probably give the daughter the 6PX. It was the cheapest of the three and is the longest running with the 15 lumen setting. No need to tell her about the high mode, though she'll figure it out sooner or later.

I'll likely bring the MD2. Just can't seem to put it down. Back it up with a 6P Original.

39691660335_f7b1b04c27_c.jpg

david57strat

Enlightened
Nitecore SRT3 as a reading light with a white cone diffuser on the head. Actually works very, very well for that, especially with 16340s so you dont needlessly burn up CR123s.

I hear that. I stopped buying the dreaded primary CR123s, years ago. Can't stand them. NEVER again. I refuse to ever buy a light that runs only on those.

Now, it's all guilt-free lumens, on top of saving a ton of money, and the environment, in the process. A triple win.

OEOE

Newly Enlightened
There's an occasional thumping noise coming from an empty old house that's being remodeled about 300 yards down the street. Quick blast from the emisar D1Svn showed it's just a loose shutter blowing in the breeze. Mystery solved!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a walk through the neighborhood with the Mrs. last night, I used the high beam on my Hound Dog (ironically) to discourage a charging dog. He decided that my Hound Dog was the alpha wolf and chose not to get too close.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I used a Yuji'd minimag to cast a floody, gentle beam in the aisle of a movie theatre as we exited.

Using a Yuji 5mm bi-pin LED to replace the mag bulb, and a Nite Ize kit reflector allows the minimag to operate like factory but the 45 degree output makes both spill and spot nice n smooth.

Half way through the movie Death Wish my wife asks "why don't they have a dog?"... Later I asked "why do they STILL not have a dog.. or security alarm?"
You'll love the end!!

Last edited:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Went with the family to an old coal and silica mine. Glad I brought lights, the provided flashlights were maybe? a weak 50 lumens with very poor throw.

40025532374_1768bdae95_c.jpg

They had working exhibits of old lights. Here was a working acetylene headlamp, circa-1915. Very cool.

40735699761_1644117036_c.jpg