What did you use your flashlight for today?

Dave MP

Newly Enlightened
Used my ProTac 1L to inspect the threads of another flashlight that I found in the workshop. I hate moving, and finding things in random locations. Wife gave me quizzical look when she walked in.

Dave MP

Newly Enlightened
Lol
Already spend to much time on various forums. Thankfully the other forums have helped me save money. CPF, I think will be dangerous.

BrisketBBQ

Newly Enlightened
I keep Surefire G2's in both the bride and my cars, the last few years with Malkoff M61L drop-ins. Snow storm in our area wreaked havoc with electricity, big pockets of outages. Bride is a property manager for multiple professional buildings and was the belle of the ball with her Yellow Malkoff equipped G2. :) She said at least 4 people, three of them building engineers, inquired about her light and I've already had an email from one inquiring as to specifics.

Bugge

Newly Enlightened
For practice with my 7 year old daughter, we got a led lenser f1 she can take with her thursday for scouting in the forest. She does not like the darkness so I go with her and we bring all the lights with us we have :) ledlenser: F1, T7M, P3 and Seo3 :lolsign:

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
My poor neighbor Jo Ann accross the street was locked out of her house around six pm today and it was cold and dark. She knocked on my door and explained she has a spare in her garage but she couldn't see. Low and behold I already had my trusty Sofitel SP31 V2.0 in my pocket and we found her spare key hidden where she last place it. Yeah, no way would we have found that without a flashlight. It felt so good to be of assistance.

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my mule XHP-70 dragon on low to look at a main drain pipe coming from the under the foundation of a home. Needed to see how much lead I need to melt and check condition of the cast iron hub.

bc938cc28e8ec4b43e1184644f1e7a47.jpg

And what it became

43e35fec4de1d2f6eb249f969f663c56.jpg

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brand new Olight S1R II NW titanium was used to check both the washer and the dryer to make sure I didn't leave any clothes behind.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Or perhaps no pre-purple stuff?

Speaking of purple:
Used my purple E01 to remove what I could of a busted toenail.

Yucky photo removed. Let your imagination take it from here...

Bashed toe into a table back in the summer and a few months later a portion of the toenail was jabbing at the quick area to the right.
Pretty much woulda been really aggrevating wearing hard to boots.
As a bonus I used the knurled area to file down the edges to a nice chamfer edge of what remains.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is too much information. Mind you I had a similar one a while back, wish I'd taken a picture - we could start a new thread.
"Photos of your toenails" I reckon it's a winner.
p

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your foot has been caught in a wood chipper, you have my sympathy. However, I'd prefer that you find something else to photograph.

Foot note: This is no time for high CRI.

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was this picture taken pre-glued, of clear glue..... or are you just that neat n tidy? :eek:oo:

~ Chance

This was taken after using clear pvc cleaner and glue. The purple stuff we reserve for exhaust piping from vented heated units that convey burned gases.

And another picture. Part of the reason I carry multiple lights. Some places we go to have zero lighting.

c898cff30d6fe45ac9a96e13b7d1970c.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm while screwing a bent piece of fence back into place tonight. Then I used it later on to clean my car windshield on the inside. It is a fairly new car and I think the plastic inside might still be off gassing which is causing it to look fogged up? Not sure, but hopefully the Windex did the trick.