What did you use your flashlight for today?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Zebralight H600fc and Manker Mk39vn to go through my attic to look for holes in the eves.

my zebra light is one of my two used lights (along with my HDS rotary) and the Manker is my bi gun for when I need a lot of light.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Just came back from a weekend camping trip. I recognized this mark on the campsite's table. Wasn't able to identify the specific model that made it though.

51110629701_9b1d422b40_c.jpg
[

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
This morning I'll be using my Zebralight H600d,and my Zebralight SC700d to light my way down to work.

(my Olight SR1 II Ti has been bumped aside in favor of my new Manker E14 NW,which is arriving today.)

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my new C8+ LNM1 to find a sneaky cricket that found its way inside my bedroom. Damn varmints have infested my district recently and this is the second one I find this week; the first one was in the kitchen chirring up a storm inside the bin at 2AM. Really difficult to pinpoint too, took me like 10 minutes before I said 'screw it' and sprayed the trash can, that shut him right up :devil:

Tomorrow's bug spraying day. We'll see if it takes care of the ones outside the buildings. Regardless, next time I mop the floor it'll be with a mix of water, detergent and a bit of deltametrine.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my S2+ SST20 to locate and fumigate yet another cricket, except this time the little cretin jumped right on my stomach when I was falling asleep in bed. :green: The tough part was getting to sleep again after that.

340pd

Newly Enlightened
That little copper Maratac AAA is used multiple times per day. Today it was checking salt level in the softener and changing cabled in a new desktop followed by plugging in a new cablebox.
EDC.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A brief night shift operation for a few nights prompted me to carry a Maglite ML150LRS set on factory default to look for cracked concrete under some bridges looking for places to tap with a hammer to listen for the hollow sound of bad concrete. You get a nice "pink, pink" sound on good concrete and "thunk" sound on dead concrete. Bridges built in the 1960's in a particular location in my state are being rehab'd using some trial and error methods. Being the interstate is pretty busy in daytime whenever they can't work from the side of roadway and need to use a lane it has to be done at night.

The crew fixing up the bridges is a group of hard working mountain folks from Tennessee. Now when I shined the 800 lumens from my Maglite there was no real reaction except to say "a leetl to the ryt pluease" in a strong southern drawl. But when I pulled out the tiny (by the Maglite in comparision) Elzetta Bones tonight and shined it onto concrete 75' above us I heard a chorus of "dang, that's a brat leetle lat you got thar". These are folks who are not strangers to bright flashlights. Much brighter than what I was carrying, but pop can size or larger. They work hard and play just as hard so they know good tools. When asked how much to acquire a Bones and I said $145 I heard "dern, nawt too shabby". Next was "Marican made?" My reply "yes sir"…… one guy said "shoot my auntie is named Elzetta, Ima get her one of those" lol.

Tomorrow I'll whip out my PKDL PR-1 and wow them with that one.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Took my Punto to my brother's most liked mechanic shop an hour ago. Very good folks, pleasant, honest and good at their jobs, but as usual, they're short on flashlights (not that I blame them). My Nichia S2+ was a huge help in spotting the issues with my little hatchback, going from the burnt out lamps to the suspension.

Much as they were awed by the S2+ (it was only driven at about 490mA, didn't need to go any brighter, and it was still a showstopper), they were even more impressed by the car's condition given its age. What can I say, I take good care of my stuff. I'll be the one in hot water if any of my equipment fails from neglect :p

Later, as l was going out, they asked about it. I explained that it really is a nice light, but for our financial standing, it's an investment: torch + batteries + charger are expensive off the bat but will last you years.

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
Used a Peli m6 with a LF three mode to light up a very dark equipment locker. We were trying to replace some rental gear with pieces the production company owned. It was just a mess in there though, the previous crew were total pigs.
The other grip I was working with was impressed with the light. I told him it's probably the most expensive tool I bring to set.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went on a early morning hike up Iron Mountain by Poway, CA during the total lunar eclipse. Was cloudy until about 5 minutes from the summit where I started seeing the eclipse in totality. Started the hike at 2:45 a.m. about when the eclipse started. Used a Nitecore MH10 V2 at 300 lumens for the way up. Summited by 4:10 a.m. and watched the eclipse until 4:30. Used a Luci Lux Pro Lantern at the picnic table on low and a Nitecore NU20 headlight for hands free tasks. Used the MH10 V2 for the way down. Saw the rest of the phases of the eclipse on the way back. Saw the sunrise on my ride home. Had total darkness on the way up the trail between the eclipse and the cloudy sky. Had fun using my lights, got a good workout, and got a spectacular view.

Celery

Newly Enlightened
Nice! I went out for a walk to view the eclipse around 3:30-4:30am using a HDS 4k XPL rotary 18650 to navigate the dark streets.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Used a tailstanding Maglite ML300 on eco mode to ceiling bounce enough light to finish removing varnish stripper from a piece of furniture Mrs Fixer is restoring.

A2-AFC9-A5-B0-E8-47-D3-A230-543-C7-F42-A196.jpg

Lot's of reflection light off a canopy over the furniture

0839-F37-D-36-BA-43-CE-8-A2-F-709-B0039-AFD7.jpg

Done with removing stripper, now for finish sanding.

E6-E2-BD3-D-AF93-4711-B2-B2-90-B640-E89253.jpg

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I used my PD36R to investigate a device that had a cable that started to smoke. Also used it as illumination for my phone to get a good photo of the burned area of the cable.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Had to maneuver inside an empty lot to make a 180 while doing a grocery crawl. The street I was in was far too busy to do a 3-point turnaround in the tarmac, so I drove onto the lot and used the empty space to change direction. Out came the Convoy M2 SST20 to serve as auxiliary lighting for the headlights, so I could see where I was turning.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC64w being used this morning for laundry day.

(Checking inside the washer and dryer in my apartment building's laundry room, to make sure I don't leave any clothes behind.)

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Newly Enlightened
To search for the missing TV remote in my bedroom. It was jammed between the mattress and the wall. Scary few minutes, I just hope no one loses their tv remote ever again #neveragain ✊🏼

RSP08

Newly Enlightened
I was cleaning a very small filter and wanted to see how dirty it was and how clean I was getting it. Using the flashlight every time I used the brush to clean the filter I would shine the light to see how much progress was done.