What did you use your flashlight for today?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my tits10 to illuminate these criminals so I could report them. The were bedded down in the flower bed next to a drop box I was reaching for when they jumped out.
IMG_9211.jpeg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I generally start rising the beam as they get closer. No one isn't going to notice a 200 or so lumen focused beam in the eyeballs
Well you know, I actually did that as well because I was so alarmed. Wasn't sure I wanted to admit to it though because afterward I thought that maybe that was a dangerous idea. I shined 2800 lumens right at his face and still absolutely nothing. He just kept staring ahead, completely ignoring us. Maybe he thought it was another car's high beams? It's not even like that light is super floody, it was pretty concentrated light.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. I generally don't carry flood lights. I do have a couple but they stay home when I go on walks. 10k candela is a perfect starting point
Yes, the TK22 TAC has 74,000 candela, pretty hard to ignore. Just such a weird moment!

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofrin SP10 Pro (Green body version).

Yeah, found out a few days ago with a different budget light from a different brand that I'm not a fan of Anduril. Way too needlessly complex for a U.I. controlled entirely by one button. Wasn't looking forward to testing out my first ever Sofrin bought a few days ago. Thankfully default U.I. is a good one. Medium output with one button press. Double click from off to get the brightest setting. So yeah, I'm good. Stopped experimenting with the U.I. after that.

EDIT: Clarification.
Simple mode on anduril is ok, other than that I have no use for that type of complexity.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
...However, today one person was completely oblivious to it even when we were in a well-lit crosswalk and didn't seem to even notice us as he kept speeding toward us. Thankfully I had the kids past that lane by the time he reached us, but his eyes did not even glance toward us or show any recognition of us being just several feet away from his car.
Yikes. Glad everyone escaped safely. Was the driver staring at his phone?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Well you know, I actually did that as well because I was so alarmed. Wasn't sure I wanted to admit to it though because afterward I thought that maybe that was a dangerous idea. I shined 2800 lumens right at his face and still absolutely nothing. He just kept staring ahead, completely ignoring us. Maybe he thought it was another car's high beams? It's not even like that light is super floody, it was pretty concentrated light.
Thank you guys. Nope, he was just staring straight ahead, both hands on the wheel.
His lack of attention may have been of the chemical variety. Then there's no flashlight in the world that's gonna help.