What did you use your flashlight for today?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Weishorn headlamp to complete an evaporative cooler service on our roof tonight, heat didn't abate until 21:00, I must have stood out to mozzies like some kind of a beacon but sometimes unpleasant is better than being on a hot tin roof during the day when it's 40c 🔥

Photon Proton Pro as back up 😉

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Literally searching for my pants!

So, with us getting deeper into December, I decided I needed my warm (thicker material, non-tactical) cargo pants. Searching for the two pairs of Wrangler's, I only managed to find one. Used my Thrunite TT20 on Turbo for an extended period of time. Only after shutting the light off did I realize that it was burning hot! Including the side-switch button. Oh, not good....

Was immediately reminded of my Klarus XT2CR Pro, and how after less extended running on turbo mode, its emitter actually burned out after getting overheated. Dreading to look, my Thrunite TT20 was fine! (I mean, if there was a puddle of gasoline in front of me, it would likely ignite if I dropped the TT20 onto it.) Still blazing hot from the bezel back to 1/3 of its body. But again, the emitter was fine. No issues! I almost bought another Klarus XT2CR Pro. But after my experience with the Thrunite TT20, I decided not to waste my money. Clearly Thrunite knows how to do internal tempurature regulation on their lights the right damn way! Unlike Klarus.

For anyone wondering, my far too many closets are massive voids of blackness that require a lot of light to find what I need. Even then.... My other pair of Wrangler's are still missing. I guess one out of two isn't too bad?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grabbed my trusty new Mag 5C to go visit the neighbour's house after sun down. It was pretty straight forward. I was illuminating some objects that I had previously done with say a Lupine and it sure is a lot less light especially if there is preexisting light in an area from houses or street lights.

On the way back and heading in a darker direction I notice that the filiment in the bulb kinda lengthens the light. This probably isn't the light for white wall hunters then I notice over a hill a pair of eyes reflecting back some light.

I wonder what it is and keep putting light in that direction and see one eye then two eyes. It isn't put off by my light which could mean a deer. The joke goes for them is that if you put headlights on a bullet and make it slow down to 88 miles and hour the deer will jump in front of it. Anyways I shine the light at some distant things and for an old Mag running the worst battery technology available in nearly 2024 it does alright. No wonder policemen love it, and aviators, or the British Army, or your tradesmen, or mechanics, or anyone and everyone that wanted a bit more than what Everready had to offer back in the day.

Once I get inside I grab the old LL X21R and go illuminating everything. By then it is gone and a trip to the top of the hill reveals little.

Attachments

• FFDDD8BA-09F9-482E-BBD6-FD30C4C7ABB6.jpeg
    FFDDD8BA-09F9-482E-BBD6-FD30C4C7ABB6.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 47

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yep, deer. Mostly green but some years they have a little blue tint.
Used my Feit Electric FL1000, 3C flashlight on the throw setting to foot-patrol the parking lot during my 3rd shift job. Noticed something shiny against the wall where there's a valve. Thought it was a bit of metal. Looked odd, though. I get a bit closer.... Oh no! It's the reflective eyes of a tiny kitten!

I momentarily blinded a kitten. Yes I feel horrible for having done so, even though it was unintentional! Earlier in my patrol, spotted a dead, semi flat squirrel in the parking lot. First time in 10 years I even found a dead squirrel.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
After weeks of no trespassing headaches, tossed out two tonight. And, my shift is only halfway over. (Currently on break.) 2nd one was a drunk that took far too long to wake up. Not even my Thrunite TT20 on Turbo had much of an effect. Young guy was driving a really NICE car too. And stupidly parked right where anyone would easily notice him. Brilliant! Like standing naked and covered in honey in front of a hungry bear whom you don't want to notice your presence.

Yeah, that's not a good hiding spot.

Oh, and since my shift is only half over, let's see if I can pull off a Hat-trick and get one more! 🙄

Poppy

Flashaholic
After weeks of no trespassing headaches, tossed out two tonight. And, my shift is only halfway over. (Currently on break.) 2nd one was a drunk that took far too long to wake up. Not even my Thrunite TT20 on Turbo had much of an effect. Young guy was driving a really NICE car too. And stupidly parked right where anyone would easily notice him. Brilliant! Like standing naked and covered in honey in front of a hungry bear whom you don't want to notice your presence.

Oh, and since my shift is only half over, let's see if I can pull off a Hat-trick and get one more! 🙄
Wow! So you sent a drunk driver who was trying to sleep it off, back out onto the streets of the City that never sleeps.
That's brilliant!

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm trying to be put this nicely here, as I truly have no disrespect for security guards. It's a job like any other. Better than being a cop. But security guards aren't cool. It just isn't.
The way this post, and some others you've put out, comes across as a guy who really thinks he's tough with his light and his uniform. "I blinded that guy good to show him who the real man is". As the kids say, that's just cringey AF. Bragging like that. Not to mention making a drunk drive off is quite irresponsible. It's in the delivery. I'd put it something like, "I saw a suspicious car parked in my area it's not supposed to. I used my light and it appeared the guy was sleeping. Maybe drunk. I woke him up and informed him he's on private property and needs to park somewhere else."
That's a much better way to say it. Makes you sound like an intelligent and grounded person.
But all that said, ya. Next time call the cops instead if you suspect a drunk driver and he's trespassing.
Pps . Shining your light in turbo on someone's face just because they happen to be in your parking lot is a real **** move.

Last edited: