What did you use your flashlight for today?

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere on my old hard drive I have a picture of me standing waist deep in snow BBQ'ing while holding up a thermometer. It reads - 56*c (-63*C with wind chill) It was so cold I had to bring the propane tank inside for several hours to warm up before I could light the grill. I had to finish the steak inside on the stove because the tank froze faster than the steak could cook.
Were you grilling steaks in Antarctica? -63C is insane

Buff

Enlightened
Outside grillers (my son included) must be some of the nuttiest people alive. They have a perfectly good stove/oven in a climate controlled room, but they choose to go all pre-historic caveman and cook outside in the seasonal weather. Okay, I've had my days of camping with the Boy Scouts, but I count that as different. Grillers live in another world. Spend hundreds of dollars on grills and stand outside in all kinds of weather to do what they could do inside in comfort...gotta be some kind of mental aberration there. My son does it, and I just shake my head. I just don't understand it.
It's that smoky taste when done right. We never almost never go out for Steak dinners as my family says mine are superior.
IMG_2540.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

This week but Today i used my Wurkkos FC13 to check the bores of the firearms i just cleaned from Saturday's target shooting fun. I would post a picture but i'm sure it's a no no. We will just use our imagination.

Buff

Enlightened
Somewhere on my old hard drive I have a picture of me standing waist deep in snow BBQ'ing while holding up a thermometer. It reads - 56*c (-63*C with wind chill) It was so cold I had to bring the propane tank inside for several hours to warm up before I could light the grill. I had to finish the steak inside on the stove because the tank froze faster than the steak could cook.
I'm not trying to one up you but when i was at Tech School at Chanute AFB we marched to school in -58 wind chill. The next day in -65wc. I think the number of frost bite cases we had, had classes canceled rest of the week. But we did not BBQ in it so you got me there. 😂

Buff

Enlightened
I, like some on here use my flashlight/flashlights to move about in my house. We have night lights here and there but on moon or low i can move about and not wake anyone. Especially the queen. I'm retired she still works and needs her sleep.
Honestly i use my light more than i ever thought possible. Now that i found this thread i will keep better record of usage.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to replace my sump pump tonight. That headlamp has been great for maybe (?) 10 years at this point. Not sure exactly how old it is. I installed a backup system several years ago that warned me about the main pump consuming more current than usual, so I preemptively replaced it. Everything seems to be good again now.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really considering getting a headlamp as i can see how useful they can be. Wurkkos keeps giving me these 15-20% coupons??? I think it's a conspiracy!
Yes they are amazing. It would have been super annoying to do that without a headlamp.

Buff

Enlightened
I ordered the Wurkkos HD15's. I consider the HD20 but seems a bit large to have on your forehead?
Got the 15% discount and free shipping so basically $26 each? That is the most amazing thing JMHO.
I will post here when i use them for a Miri mid of ideas i have floating around in my head.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today a female coworker was making these comments about how I like flashlights too much and stick them in places. As she was doing so I unvelcroed my pouch pulled ouy my Securiled RC6-IV and was like yes in holsters. Some others thought it was funny.

Then I used it to trouble shoot a coworker's iPhone charging port and cleaned it out with a piece of a plastic fork.

I almost carried a 6P today but they aren't replacable so I opted for a Securiled which meets or exceeds it in functionality.

trutekmendrones

Newly Enlightened
Used my perun 2 mini to check if insecticides were frozen. Both the pest control technicians asked each other if they had a flashlight and I whipped out my lil light with the quickness 😂

"Whoa…. What's that light." Never seen one that bright for so small. And blah blah blah lol

trutekmendrones

Newly Enlightened
It's that smoky taste when done right. We never almost never go out for Steak dinners as my family says mine are superior. View attachment 56025
View attachment 56026
This week but Today i used my Wurkkos FC13 to check the bores of the firearms i just cleaned from Saturday's target shooting fun. I would post a picture but i'm sure it's a no no. We will just use our imagination.
seeing people looking down the rifling from the tip of the barrel just looks freaks me out.
😂

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
Wizard C2 Pro Warm helped me with some wiring today. Old emergency lights are a rats nest.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 29