What do you EDC? Poll

What ligth do you EDC?

• Total voters

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
I have the same lights for my EDC...

You should consider getting the 1xAA body for your X and even getting a 14500 for it as well - it's a seriously powerful little gem in that config. And the AA^2 tube makes a great spare battery container for your bag. Even run on 1xNiMh, I think the Quark is just as, if not more, powerful as the ZL... Always thought ZL was fibbing on that spec.

I find myself EDCing the Quark more often since i just happen to like cylindrical clickies.

Cool :thumbsup:
I might start doing lego stuff but for now it fills the 2xAA gap quite well. Even in my dress pants right here at work I dont even notice the size of the quark. I still like the form factor, UI, and tint of the ZL so for 1X AA I prefer it, but I may try the quark out in 1x eventually. I dont have any Li-ion yet but may try 14500 sometime, but for now eneloops for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lucciola

Enlightened
I voted Surefire, because changing my EDC light several times (Quark AA, Nitecore D10, Proton Pro) I finally got stuck with an E1B. It is always clipped to my right front pocket together with a Spyderco Urban.

I just love the clip, the quality, the shape and the simplicity. IMHO it is in many ways a compromise. It's not really *perfect* for any application, but *suitable* for almost any EDC task. Only for longer reading it is not so great if I don't have a diffuser with me.

Apart from this light I also have a Preon REVO NW on my keys and a Preon 2 NW in my EDC Bag, so for longer reading I'll choose one of those. But my E1B sees the most use because it is so easy to draw from the pocket and to switch on.

majid

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Fenix E05 on a keychain in my pocket, even though I own far better flashlights. In my bag, it's usually either a Muyshondt Aeon or an EagleTac D25CM Ti, depending on whether I need the clip or not.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same lights for my EDC...

You should consider getting the 1xAA body for your X and even getting a 14500 for it as well - it's a seriously powerful little gem in that config. And the AA^2 tube makes a great spare battery container for your bag. Even run on 1xNiMh, I think the Quark is just as, if not more, powerful as the ZL... Always thought ZL was fibbing on that spec.

I find myself EDCing the Quark more often since i just happen to like cylindrical clickies.

Funny this thread just got bumped.... I just tested these two lights at max using my DSLRs light meter as suggested by TweakMDS. The Quark's 107 lms (NW) is the same as the ZL's 172 lms, if anything, a hair brighter - ceiling bounce test.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently EDC
Eagletac D25LC2 S2
Eagletac D25 S2, both Clickys
I keep them in my backpack, to avoid security questions at the Olympics.

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
ITP A3 on my keychain. It is small, light, cheap, and quite bright for its intended purposes.
I have only EDC'ed it for a few months, so it will take longer to see if it is also reliable.

CMAG

Enlightened
summer edc, Haiku xml with AW icr 123, a spare surefire 123a primary cell in my E15 battery holder on key chain + one of those free squeeze lights from Lighthound

pbmagnet

Newly Enlightened
I"ve been carrying an Eagletac D25c ti for the last couple of weeks, but I also hve an ITP A3 that has been on my key chain for a few years.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
Quark Mini CR2 every day. Cannot remember how many years but it has never failed me once.

Other lights owned. HDS Clicky, Preon High CRI, Gerber Task light M. Red led has lens and lens is set way back. This thing is tank proof. Last but surely not least, Surefire E1E Executive Elite. Holding the E1E till they come out with a decent LED drop in that does not change the outside appearence of the light one bit.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted to vote for mini123 hiCRI Quark & Zebra h501w but can only choose one ;)

Also my mini is out on loan so I've been carrying a modded L2M w 18500
It's running an NB Nichia 219 SMO module which supplements my H501w
as a spotting light w plenty of THROW.

I've modded my H501W w an adjustable shock cord + elastic band holder for necklace style wear or as a headlamp.

Usually have an alox Swiss army too.

Good stuff!

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Still using my Fenix L0D-CE rebel100. Dropped a thousand times and washed it almost as often. Still looks and runs like new. For emergency light (as when safeway's lights failed but remained open, and I helped the helpless do shop while completing mine in the pitch black) and supreme pocketability, nothing else much interests me.

The one thing I miss is a small pocketable blaster capable of awe inspiring brightness. To that end I'm building out an old Romisen RC-V4 with an XM-LT6. The body can absorb a great deal of heat and houses a relatively large reflector. Yes it's a bit heavy but eminently pocketable. Have to find a driver capable of max output but with a moon mode as well.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Hypetac P1A on my shirt collar, and an LD20 Q5 in my pocket...

....I really hope they update the LD20 soon.. I got the fever for a new one.

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
ZL SC600. Incredible all-rounder. If I'm cycling for fun as opposed to 'A-B'ing, then I swap it for an SC51, as I find it more comfortable (same thing happens with the multitool).

I also carry a Fenix E05 with my keys, but it gets very little use - just nice to know it's there.

dbare

Newly Enlightened
Recently a ThruNite T10, nice 3 mode twisty with memory and a low low and tailstands. A clip would top it off. Still partial to my Zebra's though.