What flashlight company has the best warranty

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Guess my luck must be good because I've not had that many failures / claims on new products in my life (IsawElvisonEdSullivan old)
I was buying many of the pelican and maglites for work purposes. Sometimes up to 250 lights in a single order. Often with our logo's on the side. With that volume you tend to get a few failures. Plus I'm sure some of the guys abused them then returned them claiming the lights were properly treated.

One thing I could say that was consistent is, Pelican switches suck!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pelican switches have been an issue since the incan days. Looks like by now they would have solved the problem. I've yet to have one fail but hear about it enough to believe it to be true.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was buying many of the pelican and maglites for work purposes. Sometimes up to 250 lights in a single order. Often with our logo's on the side. With that volume you tend to get a few failures. Plus I'm sure some of the guys abused them then returned them claiming the lights were properly treated.

One thing I could say that was consistent is, Pelican switches suck!
That sounds like the kind of good, statistically significant feedback that we rarely get but could use more of. Thanks!

syga

Newly Enlightened
I've had good warranty experiences w/ various mfgs, but the BEST experience ever was with maglite.

Had a 3d light with leaking/swollen/stuck batteries. Sent it to mag. They send back a letter asking what brand batteries we used (had checkboxes for the major brands). We checked the selection, sent it back, and they sent a new light.

I'd say they 100% billed the light to ray-o-vac.

Any other mfg would say to file a claim w/ the battery mfg ourselves.

I have a few aa led maglites that do not work. They have bad leds. They want them shipped back at my expense, which will cost more than buying a new similar maglite. Plus, their warranty does not cover leds.

Never bought another maglite.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I have a few aa led maglites that do not work. They have bad leds. They want them shipped back at my expense, which will cost more than buying a new similar maglite. Plus, their warranty does not cover leds.

Never bought another maglite.
How do you _know_ bad led and not circuitry or bad contact somewhere else?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even look at the quality difference between a new surefire and one made 20 years ago. Most things are just meant to be replaced when they break anyway. That way you can get the newest, brightest, emitter. So who cares if a new light has a good warranty anyway.
That being said, a flashlight is a pretty simple thing. And doesn't break often

Reactions: DRW

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is the only brand I've had to exercise warranty coverage on. I had an L0D-CE that failed, was replaced, and failed again. The second failure was past the original warranty term, so was not covered.

I've owned many Peak LED Solutions lights over the past 20 years, and Malkoff for the past 10, and have never had any issues with any of them. I just ordered a Peak last week and requested new o-rings for some of my oldest lights, and they sent me several for free along with the new order. I don't believe it's coincidence that manufacturers of the best-made lights such as these have the best warranties and best customer service.

Latest posts