What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore SRT7i
Skilhunt H03 Headlamp
Spark SL6-740nw
Ryobi LED

Road Flare model $20 & have Lipo built-in to avoid alkaline leaks but 2 of them took 20 min to top off after 10 months.

IMG_7589.jpg

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Truck- Olight warrior
SUV- Fireflylyte EO7
Car- Whatever is in my pocket and slingpack at the moment
RV & boat-Little bit of everything

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep ThruNite Neutron 2C in my car emergency kit.
I like that you have a car emergency kit. Most people, I would say, but I have no way of knowing, probably don't prepare for emergencies. FEMA and the American Red Cross are always telling people to prepare for emergencies/disasters, but always seems like a lot of folks are unprepared. I think it has been the experience of most CPF members that most people they are in contact with are under prepared for darkness situations like power outages.

fuyume

Enlightened
I'm curious what flashlight folks are keeping in their vehicles. I'm undecided what to keep in mine, so curious what you keep in yours and why.

Fenix PD36 TAC on a Fenix ALB-10 bicycle mount on my handlebars.

Why?
Because it will run at 350 lumens for over 10 hours, 150 lumens for over 18 hours, or 30 lumens for over 43 hours.
Because it has a mechanical lockout., so when I'm not actually using it, I don't have to worry about it accidentally being switched on in my handbag and starting a fire.
Because it takes a 21700 battery that lasts for weeks of normal usage before I need to recharge it.

286324830_10225758089612181_6470897639066838241_n.jpg

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why?
Because it will run at 350 lumens for over 10 hours, 150 lumens for over 18 hours, or 30 lumens for over 43 hours.
Because it has a mechanical lockout., so when I'm not actually using it, I don't have to worry about it accidentally being switched on in my handbag and starting a fire.
Because it takes a 21700 battery that lasts for weeks of normal usage before I need to recharge it.

View attachment 45187
Okay, I mean no offense, and normally I wouldn't ask but I feel that I've set a precedent that I have to follow so, here goes....How old are you?

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
One of these classics, using an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA. Small and easily stashed away in a front seat pocket. The tan version was only available in a promotional give-away a few years ago. Many of the previous colors have been discontinued, but some new colors keep cropping up on the Olight website here. Gotta love the zombie green.
FYI, I turn 71 this Saturday.

Olight.JPG

You can never have enough of these. Great gift items. All the colors below have been discontinued, unless you can find some warehouse stock somewhere.
Olight2.JPG

Last edited:

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Quark mkIII 2AA in each vehicle with spare lithium batteries.

Last edited:

Kayaker530

Newly Enlightened

Why?

View attachment 45187
That looks like a reasonable commute and errand bike. I do like having a light on my helmet though.

Kayaker530

Newly Enlightened
Each vehicle has a Maglite D cell that has been converted to Malkoff LED drop in. Mine has the 21700 conversion. Hers is still using alkaline and I check them every 60 days. We also have at least one consumer grade headlamp in each vehicle with spare batteries. And at least one inexpensive loaner light to give out to someone in great need. We rotate other lights into the vehicle that we are playing with and experimenting with for camping, gifts, etc. Single AA lights, Double AA lights mostly.

Artiet59

Newly Enlightened
In my car - Light: Fenix PD40R. Excellent, fully regulated output, excellent useful beam shape. easy rotary UI. My only fenix but a great car light. Kept this one stock. Headlamp: Olight perun mini. Great tiny headlamp for an emergency, easy to recharge in the car. I put a 519a in this one.

In my truck - Light: Olight M2r Warrior. The original M2r with the reflector and can take any 18650. When olights were pretty damn good, this one has remained as one of my favorites. xhp35 HI and OP reflector. Great light for the car. Headlamp: Armytek C2 wizard Pro. The Nichia 1600 lumen version. Great floody beam and nice tint. Not too heavy and simple UI. Hangs from the stick shift.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery powered road flares. I've known cops that started to light road flares at accident scenes. I told them that's not what they're used for especially since fluid leaks could lead to fires. Even regular flour could ignite. All the guys I trained bought battery operated ones with their own money. I also have an old streamlight HL and a Olight swivel. There's also a nitecore headlamp if I need to go hands free. I'd tell you about the other lights on me but I don't need those weird looks

ArchaeoCat

Newly Enlightened
When I go on trips, it's usually a three D cell Maglite (newer LED variety). I figure it's got plenty of runtime, can take abuse of a roadside repair, and in a pinch can be wielded as a club (my dad's influence), old school cop style. My dad was a cop for a while. It'll likely live under the seat or in rear floorboard or even trunk.

For in the car, a smaller (can fit in the glovebox or center console) dimmer light (varies which one) that can be used by a passenger, or to find the Maglite!