What flashlight does a flashaholic keep in their vehicle?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a SF G3 and a mini-maglite (w/terralux led upgrade) - both of loaded them with lithiums - in the center console, but after reading this, I moved the G3 to the driver's-side door pocket, and covered it with a couple of clean rags. Losing the mini-maglite would not upset me too much. I also have a 3 D-cell M@g, and a beat-up 4 C-cell Kel-lite, both upgraded with long-running dim led upgrades, in the spare tire area, mostly because I don't know quite what else to do with them, and also because no matter where I am with the car, I will have a flashlight that will run off almost any available battery type. Since I don't really trust the alkalines that those bigger lights need, I keep them laying in a $1 thrift store pyrex pie dish. If they crack and leak (and they will), they won't mess up anything.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have an Inova T3 and SF 6P/KL3 head in my car, both with CR123A Primaries
and a spare set of 123 cells (4 in a plastic tube)

i also have a coin cell powered Silva Siju headlamp in there, and a cheap clip light (as a loaner, but it also has a really long runtime)

If i am going out for a long drive at night i will chuck either my Maxabeam or Ryobi One+ Hid in the boot too.

Plus my EDC too

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican 2440 glow in the dark with four Energizer L91 cells.

Very little to go wrong, works in the cold, works in the dark, glows at night, and nice floody beam.

ryukin2000

Enlightened
Just picked up 3 Rayovac Indestructible lights in 2xAA from Home Depot. 1 for each vehicle to replace the Army TAC-180's.
And, they even came with Rayovac batteries :huh:
I thought I read they were $15.99, but they are $14.99.
For that little of money they seem a value for what they are. 2-level LED output. Rear clicky.
Instead of 2, they each had 3 heavy zip-ties anchoring each in the package - better use the dikes to cut em.
Nowhere as slim as my 2xAA Fenix LD22, but hey, these will sit in the glove box just for vehicle duty and are inexpensive.
Can't complain, yet, for the little cost.

i have one of these as well but i use it in my house. planning on moving it to the car but hesitant as the cold weather is harsh for the batteries. does anyone know if the LED can handle Energizer lithium's?

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
Something that charges from the car! :thinking: Lately an SR90 and a spare batt pack.

Damn light is so big you want to keep it in the vehicle as long as possible! :laughing:

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I went with the Jetbeam PA40 for my vehicle light several months ago, and needed it for the first time last night. I came up on an accident on the way home at 4:00am. Mini-Van overturned on the side of the road. Of course my first thought was are there kids in there. Turned out everyone was ok and the single occupant had gotten out was not with the vehicle when I arrived (think he may have been drinking) another driver has stopped and gotten just as the accident scene came into my view. He did not have a light and when I got out, he was sort of hollering "is anyone in there". The PA40 lit the van up like it was daylight and we could see that no one was in it. I was able to sweep the area and the track the vehicle had taken to see if someone was ejected. A quick 911 call confirmed that Sheriff's dept was on the way and had already recieved a call. I left the scene (called sheriff later in day and was given more info) really happy with my choice, the lithium AA's made it throught the winter just fine, The nice floody beam did a great job of showing a nice wide area. I would still rather change a tire with a headlamp but the PA40 is staying in the center console!

stienke

Enlightened
Maglite 6C with Fusion 36 drop in and a glasbreaker tailcap , great floodlight! , it lit's up the hole area , and a SWM C10 Torpedo with spike and upgraded with a XM-L2 NW mounted on a copper board for 100% heatsinking!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used to keep a JetBeam PA20 in the glovebox and a PC20 under the driver's seat. It was more because I needed to find a purpose for those two lights. I keep a Fenix TK12 under the driver's seat now.

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
When I work on my car I use the Streamlight Knucklehead AA model, running 4 Eneloops. Its a great work light that has an wide beam, an adjustable head, hook/magnet on the back and a stable base so its the one I keep in my car.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
After so many threads of which batteries are safe on low temps or on high temps (it gets rather hot during summer in Bosnia late years) I've pulled all flashlights out of the car... Alkalines since they do leak as soon as they are inside... Lithiums as I'm not really sure they won't went on high temps...

It's not like I don't have 1 or 2 or 3 flashlights on me at all times... :)

So my car is flashlight-free...