What is missing?

John777

Newly Enlightened
I'd really appreciate a modular system. High lumen output, adjustable beam, tight spot for long distance. Handheld with a stretch cord (ie, old phone cord type ) , belt attachment for different portable hand tool batteries (ie, dewalt , porter cable, Bosch ). Mix and match. So everyone can play and not have to invest in different batteries.

Daekar

Enlightened
Are there any 3x18650 bodies out there that are side by side rather than like a stretched out Surefire M4? I believe there are a number of Lumensfactory bulbs that might be compatible with that voltage, and the 3400mAh 18650s would stretch out the runtime longer than the cells of old.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a suggestion, but some more photos, especially of the assembly process would help a lot in determining whether a particular product is for me. For example, the PAR36 head, I've been looking at it, but I can't tell from the description or the photo whether soldering will be required for the SF M-head or whether the wires can just clip in.
M head does NOT need any soldering. All you need to do is, connect the wires using proper size wire and tighten the screws. That's it.

Are there any 3x18650 bodies out there that are side by side rather than like a stretched out Surefire M4?
Did you miss Megalennium and Megalennium B?

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, FM

I looked through all of your sale threads last night for what is missing. Would you consider an 18650 twisty body for a C head? No clicky, no tailcap, no fancy colors, just HA or black 18650 twisty body for a C head?

Daekar

Enlightened
I have looking high and low for a classic style 6P body, head, and tail cap (fits in the surefire holster and usable with a surefire clicky) made of bronze or in a pinch, brass. Any plans for something along those lines? The copper looks beautiful but it's not the style I want.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always regretted that this design was not gladly accepted. For me, this is the right way to have 2 brightness levels in a single INCAND light. Much better than PWM regulation.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Double-Head-urefire-E-18650-18350&highlight=

I think that the reason why this innovation failed was that the body was too long, which was inevitable since there were 2 battery compartments. I wonder if FM could devise a body with E heads on the opposite ends but with just a single compartment. For an incand, polarity is irrelevant, so the only problem is to make sure that when you twist in one head, only that bulb goes on.

In such a 2x18350 body, one could put, say 110lm Lumens Factory bulb to one end and their 350lm bulb to the other end. Both are designed to be used on the same pack of 2x18350 IMR, and again, polarity of the pack is irrelevant.

And 1x18350 body would be useful too, with 50/90lm bulbs.

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
But where would a spring go? A spring must be used somewhere, due to varying battery lengths and different style heads/lamp assemblies.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you consider an 18650 twisty body for a C head? No clicky, no tailcap, no fancy colors, just HA or black 18650 twisty body for a C head?
What would it be different than 6P body?
It's the tail cap which makes it twisty.

----------------------
I have looking high and low for a classic style 6P body, head, and tail cap (fits in the surefire holster and usable with a surefire clicky) made of bronze or in a pinch, brass. Any plans for something along those lines?
Brass is much heavier than aluminum and unfortunately, not many people interested.
----------------------

Any word on a new run of A2—Strion sockets?
You just missed this again.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I purchase the 250Watt Transformer light which is a 2D/3D size flashlight with a flimsy 6x18650 and 9x18650 cell holder. I used 275 watt and 400 Watt bulb with it and BTW the tailcap current is always 12A regardless of which bulb you use. Pleasure to start fires with.

I have contemplated that if Fivemega made 2D and 3D Maglite bodies with Judco Tailcaps to handle the heat and take 3x18650 cells side by side it would be a huge sell. Heck, those LED based lights would love this set up too. You can run DD off 3 18650 cells the XHP70 and MTG2.

So, you can sell Maglite bodies with dedicated high current tailcaps. Make it with 3x18650 side by side in series. Sell extensions so the user can add as many as they want.

best,
bigC

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega,
Would it be possible to make a G6.35 M@g "drop-in" socket of the same type as your G4 & G5.3 type drop-in sockets? I am aware of your already-existing G6.35 socket, but it requires soldering, and I would prefer to be able use Osram 64440 bulbs, and then take out the bi-pin socket and either do ROP use, or use one of the G4 or G5.3 sockets, for more versatility. I would prefer to be able to not have to commit a M@g to 6.35 use only. I do not know enough to know if this proposal would be able to offer adequate heat-sinking. Thank you for your response!

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchase the 250Watt Transformer light which is a 2D/3D size flashlight with a flimsy 6x18650 and 9x18650 cell holder.
In order to fit pair of 18650 next to each other in D size M*glite, body needs to be heavily bored out. Never think about 3x18650 side by side So 6x18650 in 2D is impossible. The only way to do this, would be custom made fat body similar to original Elephant.
Also need to mention that 18650 cell is longer than D size. You also need to add thickness of battery holder to that.
So, 6x18650 will need longer length than 2D and diameter will be more.

------------------------
Would it be possible to make a G6.35 M@g "drop-in" socket of the same type as your G4 & G5.3 type drop-in sockets?
G6.35 bulbs are much taller than G4 bulbs and filament will be far ahead of reflector focusing point therefore will not work properly.
Also weakest part of M*g "D" switch is the tower which will melt.

------------------------
3P body bored for 18350...
Already made and available here.

Last edited: