What lights are on your radar in {2024}?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You understand why it took me so long to spend the money.
Hope you like it. I honestly miss mine, but the 42 lumens it had back then isn't much these days. It think it was called the "XE" model or something. It also had the flat tail switch. I could have kept it and had it modded, but I ended up selling it for another Surefire or something back then around the time the LE 60 came out. If I got one again I'd go all out with the customization. Interested in what options you picked and if you can post about it when you get it? I'm still lugging around a Surefire E2e with an MN03 these days and a couple of keychain lights. Some things never change.. :D

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Hope you like it. I honestly miss mine, but 42 lumens it had back then isn't much these days. I could have kept it and had it modded, but I ended up selling it for another Surefire or something back then around the time the LE 60 came out. If I got one I'd go all out with the customization.
I sold my E1L when it was only 15 lumens. Now I reclaimed one and upgraded to 45 lumens. Still happy.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my E1L when it was only 15 lumens. Now I reclaimed one and upgraded to 45 lumens. Still happy.
I don't think the E1L was ever 15 lumens, as far as I remember even the 1st gen finned version was 30. And it was the same head as on the E2L, so you could run it on two CR123A's for 45 lumens.

That square beam though on the later gens with they removed the fins..... ehhh, I have bad memories of that, the HDS was so superior. Luxeon 3's with optics are like the Ford Pintos of the LED world to me. I found one in my parts stash and turned it on for nostalgia sake.. immediately had bad memories of the mid-2000's and promptly put it up for sale. No.. just no....

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I don't think the E1L was ever 15 lumens, as far as I remember even the 1st gen finned version was 30. And it was the same head as on the E2L, so you could run it on two CR123A's for 45 lumens. That square beam though... ehhh, I have bad memories of that, the HDS was so superior.
Honestly I don't know, it was just underwhelming but the size was really nice.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think the original SureFire E1E was either 15 lumens, or you could get a different bulb from SF that lowered it to 15 in exchange for better runtime. One or the other.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the original SureFire E1E was either 15 lumens, or you could get a different bulb from SF that lowered it to 15 in exchange for better runtime. One or the other.
Yes, the incan with the MN01 lamp assembly is rated at 15 lumens. Sometimes I run them on two Energizer lithium AA's which I think brings the output up to about 20+ lumens, still not on par with an MN02 though. Really nice at night with a diffuser. The original generations of KL heads were always 30 lumens on one battery, 45 lumens on two. The only difference with the early ones was when they went to the optic after they changed the design. There wasn't any type of lumen upgrade until they went to the KX heads, and that wasn't much of one. Went to like 60 or 65 lumens with the KX2. I think those had a Seoul P4 emitter.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an emisar D1K on the radar with an xhp 70.3 hi in 4000k high cri I think. But still not sure. I've found I'm not a huge fan of tripples and such as they're so floody. But I want the aux LEDs. Lol. Some either that or maybe a dm11

Whistler24

Newly Enlightened
thought about taking the year to try out some hank lights and some other budget friendly options. my go-to's have always been malkoff, surefire, and zebralight but I recently purchased a sofirn if25a and had a blast messing around with that, I'm wanting to check out some other models from them soon. I already have my main lights I carry and use on a daily basis, I think these would be more for just messing around on the weekends in the backyard and stuff idk...

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
thought about taking the year to try out some hank lights and some other budget friendly options. my go-to's have always been malkoff, surefire, and zebralight but I recently purchased a sofirn if25a and had a blast messing around with that, I'm wanting to check out some other models from them soon. I already have my main lights I carry and use on a daily basis, I think these would be more for just messing around on the weekends in the backyard and stuff idk...
The sale is over but check out the Wurkkos TS21. They're manufactured by sofirn. But it's a triple sst-20 95 cri. The size of a convoy s2+. 2200 lumens on turbo. But it can sustain about 1100 lumems on high if you bump up the temp setting. Runs anduril 2. And cost me $27 with a 21700 cell.

parang

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a rear bike light, but other than that, I think I'll wait until November to see what interesting LEPs are on the market, one that can do both throw and flood. And if any of my lights dies I will get a replacement.

Buff

Enlightened
Gust got this FC13 from Wurkkos factory in China.
Funny it beat my lights i ordered from California and they were on their way sooner but i put that down to two USPS hubs. San Francisco and Greenville NC. Seems when these two hubs get my order they then spend 3-4 days there.
image.jpg

Like the light and i got the gray with SST40 so not the 3500LU only 2050LU and i guess i was looking at so many lights both on Amazon and Wurkkos that i thought it was with battery and magnetic tail cap. Oh well live and learn.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ok thanks! Now i gotta look up RGB? Is that the colored lights flashlight?
Red Green Blue, along with White output.
Just be careful though, as some lights have RGB Aux. emitters.
Meaning you don't get to switch between actual red, green, blue or white output. My Astrolux ED01 being a perfect example. You get a mild psychodelic light-show of RGB colors playing around. And the rest of the time you can only use it as a traditional White output flashlight. Oh, with the outer diameter of the tailcap constantly, faintly, glowing red, green, blue. No way to shut it off as it continuously drains the battery.

Ended up buying a Skilhunt EC300 RGB. An actual RGB flashlight. Not some silly little toy.

Buff

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. The FC13 i got has pretty colored lights on the button that when activated cycles endlessly between the colors. I honestly don't see the reason except to find the light in the dark or drain the battery? Still playing with the A2 system on this light.
The i think TS25 shows the multi color light but i wonder if anyone can tell me if its a good RBG or a toy as you said?
IMG_5291.png

To me this just looks like pretty colored glow lights and doesn't seem the indicate it would project a colored beam? Still i like the design of this light and either this or the WK15 are in the running for a cheap/budget light in 21700 powered category.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. The FC13 i got has pretty colored lights on the button that when activated cycles endlessly between the colors. I honestly don't see the reason except to find the light in the dark or drain the battery? Still playing with the A2 system on this light.
The i think TS25 shows the multi color light but i wonder if anyone can tell me if its a good RBG or a toy as you said?
View attachment 55738
To me this just looks like pretty colored glow lights and doesn't seem the indicate it would project a colored beam? Still i like the design of this light and either this or the WK15 are in the running for a cheap/budget light in 21700 powered category.
I don't think there are any rgb lights that are anything beyond a toy. Not that there's anything wrong with that I have a few and honestly I now see a light without them as a downside. Lol. But these aren't dedicated colored lights. There's not reflector or optic that focuses them. And they use a mixture of light to produce the colours. Giving zero cri