What non Cree/Soul led lights do you plan on keeping?

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
I will say I am keeping my X5's as 1 is in the middle of surgery and the HA version is working like a champ. I will also be keeping my new T4 and at least 1 old T4. I will also be keeping my LOP, as I just recently started noticing how much more useful it is on my keychain than my Arc AAA (please don't shoot, I won't give those up either). I will be getting rid of a X02, but hopefully for another LOP (not digital or Cree). Oh, and I can't give up my beat up Arc AA premium with twisty as it is seemingly indestructible and a lottery winner.

aceo07

Enlightened
All my lights. That still serve their purpose. At some point I may upgrade the led in them depending on if vendor comes out with new led model before I get to it.

I gave seoul to my HDS U60, so it will remain king of my flashlights for a long time.

My next upgrade might be my Nuwai/Favour headlamp as it seems like the vendor has been very very quiet lately.

Last edited:

billgr

Newly Enlightened
i'm keeping all of mine. dont plan on buying new lights for a while. they're just tools for me....and they still work fine.

have a couple of nuwai...fenix...and streamlight. i'm set for a while.

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
I'm keeping all of them. As has been posted above, they all still do what they used to.

I use two lights above any other: Gerber IU (inside the house) and SL PP Lux (outside).

I don't need to replace the IU, because I don't want more light - for what it's used for - or more runtime (10+ hours off one AA). And as for the SL PP Lux. . . I've not come across a AA cree that will outshoot it by a high enough margin to justify junking this great light.

Having said that, I am going to check out the Electro Lumen Lucidus. . . but I'm sure not going to junk the PP Lux.

I'm starting to think Crees are over-hyped. The main point for me is that runtime increases will make 123 cells affordable. But then I'm neither a collector nor early adopter. A light has to do a job for me. Boring, aren't I?

FNG

Enlightened
UKE 2L eLED kept in my car. Excellent light for waterproofness/emergencies but only gets about 3 hours for 40 lumens. Ive thrown this thing 30' in the air plenty of times (for fun) and it just doesnt get hurt. Will buy the Cree upgrade when they come out with it though. Almost double the runtime or something insanely bright for the same runtime would be great.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "formerly" non Cree/Seoul led lights I plan on keeping are those I have modded with Cree or SSC. Two Liteflux LF1 with turbo heads (SSC P4), my Fenix P1 (SSC P4), one of my modded Lumacraft F1 (SSC P4), Aurora 2AA (Cree X-RE P4) and an assortment of Ultrafires with Cree X-RE installed. All done, I have no more Luxeons to remove. I have given away three modded Lumacraft F1, two with Cree X-RE P4 and one with SSC P4 (these were gifts for Christmas and I took them back briefly to swap emitters for their new owners).
Stefan

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still keeping everything. Among the collection, a couple favorites stand out:

Surefire U2 - smooth beam, long runtime (on 18650), stupid bright, adjustable
Surefire KL4 - same as above without the adjust
HDS B42 & U60 - incredible dynamic range (very dim to very bright), compact size, versatile battery options, smooth beam
ARC LSH - classic collector's item, love the size, shape, and styling with twisty
Mini Minimag with RY0J sandwich - feels good in the hand, smooth profile fits the pocket
Fenix L0P - great keyring light, plenty bright, runs on AAA, no PWM flickering