What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last light purchased was a Fenix PD40. I've always liked 26650s and 26650 lights. But my other two 26650 lights (MMU-X and MMU-X3) just don't get too much use because of the awful cool white tints. With the MT-G2, you KNOW that you are getting a good tint and a nice floody beam. Plus you have runtime and eegonomics you just can't get from an 18650 light. And with a 20% off coupon from Fenix, how could I say no?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last light purchased was a Fenix PD40. I've always liked 26650s and 26650 lights. But my other two 26650 lights (MMU-X and MMU-X3) just don't get too much use because of the awful cool white tints. With the MT-G2, you KNOW that you are getting a good tint and a nice floody beam. Plus you have runtime and eegonomics you just can't get from an 18650 light. And with a 20% off coupon from Fenix, how could I say no?

Runtime and ergonomics that cannot get from 18650 what ??? you got to be kidding.

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
Runtime and ergonomics that cannot get from 18650 what ??? you got to be kidding.
It's true. No 18650 light requires you to wear MC Hammer pants to carry it in your pocket, but that's the ONLY way you can pocket carry a 26650. ;)
Notice he didn't say the ergonomics was better with 26650, just said you couldn't get the same ones with 18650.
And runtime is better with 26650.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is absolutely nothing wrong with 18650 runtime. It gives plenty of time, hours, days. 18650 is a solid, proven battery format.

markr6

Flashaholic
It's true. No 18650 light requires you to wear MC Hammer pants to carry it in your pocket, but that's the ONLY way you can pocket carry a 26650. ;)
Notice he didn't say the ergonomics was better with 26650, just said you couldn't get the same ones with 18650.
And runtime is better with 26650.

This guy EDCs a TM26 daily...

jnco.jpg

MrJino

Enlightened
Nice!

How do you like it?

I'm hoping it's waiting in my mailbox tonight when I get home from work!

So bacteria make the patina on copper? So interesting...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you like it?... bacteria... patina...

I LOVE the N219, its my first.. Im blown away by how the colors PoP! now shopping for another N219, possibly an L3 L08

the Patina on Copper Kills bacteria. Armpit odor is caused by bacteria. The smell on hands from touching copper is a reaction with oils in the skin, forming several types of compounds called aldehydes and ketones...

more about the Beta and more about antimicrobial properties

and a Fantasy light, Beta head on Maratac:
IMG_7483.PNG

charlescuatan

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Maratac™ AAA "Copper" Flashlight few days ago from Massdrop :) Hopefully customs won't hold and ask for money to release it :)

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Runtime IS better with a 26650 than an 18650. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a 5200mAH battery is going to run longer than a 3400mAH battery. In the case of the PD40, I get 1000 lumens with no stepdown for 1:35 with a Keeppower 5200. An 18650 can't do 1000 lumens WITH a stepdown for that long. As far as ergonomics, keep in mind that ergonomics has NOTHING to do with pocketability. I'm talking about the way the lighg feels in the hand. And smaller is not necessarily better here. I find that the diameter of a C cell/26650 is the sweet spot for me (think 2C Mag here). But even when it comes to pocketability, the PD40 is quite a bit better than, say, the MMU-X/MMU-X3. You certainly don't need Hammer pants, although you might not want to be wearing skinny jeans.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff Hanko Timascus 67. :devil:

Why?
When Mr Hanko invites you to buy a light, one does not have to think why.
There are currently only Three 67 lights - each unique.
One is Mr Hanko's personal light, the other is JG's.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
eagletac p200lc2...love their quality, styling and i miss my d25lc2 twisty. i wanted something with a little more punch but close in size. this is slightly larger than the 18650 it carries and fills the hole left behind by the d25lc2

UnderPar

Enlightened
I just got the Zebralight H600w MkII L2. This is my first headlamp. Really waited for for this model to be on stock with the local supplier and bingo! Wanted to purchase other brands before but ZL is still the best for me.

chuckhov

Enlightened
I just ordered a Fenix BC30 Bike Light.

Reason: It gives me an excuse to actually "Need" to use a light, instead of just shining them on the walls and around the back yard.

Oh! - And because I'm too Fat and Need the exercise:)

Thanks,

-Chuck

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix PD 35 earlier to replace my Streamlight Strion LED. Loved the Streamlight, but the Fenix is smaller, lighter and much brighter.

Eagle

ven

Flashaholic
Well i ordered a convoy m1(page or 2 back) worked for a couple of days then dead=not happy. Banggood were great,had to do a vid of it not working.............anyway sent and asked from original order the mat new version wanted. I got a *****fire type covered ano(you know that cheap type paint). The lens..........well check this joke of QC out

Now in Convoys benefit i hope its a possible fake(sounds odd to say but i feel let down and unusual of convoy) ,i have had many convoys and been of a good/medium quality. The 1st was good quality ano/build but broke,2nd shocking QC and await refund to which i will not buy another convoy from banggood again. I am sure they are fake/copies,if they are not well its a brand i will avoid for good!!!

Not happy!!!!