What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be the X65vn cerakote I got from Vinh (10,800 lumens / 627K cd).

Why did I buy? Hmm... not sure... probably for the WOW factor and possibly to make up for my ED.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be the X65vn cerakote I got from Vinh (10,800 lumens / 627K cd).

Why did I buy? Hmm... not sure... probably for the WOW factor and possibly to make up for my ED.
Oh that will be more than made up for, by this light, believe me you. It's all about getting your priorities straightened out.

Please post back and tell us how its beam performance compares with others in your collection.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same think. Bought on as a gift, "tested" it, and ordered one for myself. The mix of price, quality, levels, output, and battery life, is just right for me.

I keep wanting to try a Zebralight, and I'm sure I'd love it, but I'm already a happy.

Thrunite's EU store is hitting records: my Archer 1A has been delivered in... 4 days.

BTW, got my first Zebralight -- SC5c one. Some people say it's too yellow, but I like mine. Perhaps, because it was hand picked at NKON for me :)

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Streamlight 44943 "The Siege" AA lantern with magnetic base. Build quality is perfection. But if to be picky -- LED looks closer to CW. Not sure if it is possible to change it to a higher CRI version -- the original one is microscopic.

autoxer

Newly Enlightened
Well, not long after joining this forum, now my latest LED flashlight purchase is a Zebralight SC5w MkII. (It's purchased, but who knows when they'll ship it...) Granted I have been lurking here for a ridiculously long time, but I couldn't help buying my first Zebralight after continuing to read about you all loving these lights so much.

This will be my first side switch light, and I am looking forward to having a quality light that offers such a large diversity of brightness options.

wolfey1

Newly Enlightened
A green convoy s2+ with 7a tint. I liked the s2+ I got my buddy but his is the grey one with a rubbber button with 1a tint so I wanted a warmer tint and metal clicky. I also have plenty of neutral white lights so it needed to be different than those. Maybe I'll get a 18350 tube for it also.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
The Acebeam EC50 Gen II (5000 Kelvin version). I wanted a more powerful worklight. Do I need it? No, I am already best pleased with my Fenix PD35 (2014, non-tac version),
which is already more than powerful enough for my needs. To put it this way: I don't need more power, but I NEED it! :twothumbs

And as I once read here, "no one can understand how it is possible to be addicted to buying flashlights before they are hooked themselves" (and I can now vouch for the truth of that),
it's been 5 months since last purchase (Jetbeam EC-R16). About time to buy something new.
Also, the PD35 got a measly 960 Lumen - the EC50 got 3000 Lumen, and only size difference is a 50% increase in width. What's not to like? :D

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Thrunite TN42vn modded by @vinhnguyen54 XHP35 HI.
By Vinh's super conservative measurements 775,000 lux but easily over 800,000.

Why? Because I want to stand on the shore, impersonating a lighthouse, and lure ships at sea onto the rocks. ;)

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Muyshondt Beagle.

Always thought it would be cool to have a throwy light with a separate high CRI emitter. I would've executed it a little differently buts it was too interesting to pass up

pantagana23

Newly Enlightened
That would be a Maratac AA titanium with Nichia 219. Wanted an indestructible 1xAA, and wanted it to disappear in pocket when being carried. Checklist full, only thing left to desire is a back clicky. Was considering Eagletac D25A, but it's hell to get to Europe.
Some pics:
50b1395c5534a5ee4933a4f9a4f5a9b7.jpg
0ac330d817abda0bf382977740c071bb.jpg

pantagana23

Newly Enlightened
That would be a Maratac AA titanium with Nichia 219. Wanted an indestructible 1xAA, and wanted it to disappear in pocket when being carried. Checklist full, only thing left to desire is a back clicky. Was considering Eagletac D25A, but it's hell to get to Europe.
Some pics:
50b1395c5534a5ee4933a4f9a4f5a9b7.jpg
0ac330d817abda0bf382977740c071bb.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
HDS 3 O'Clock High rotary. Love the ui. Love the HI CRI at around 5000k rather than orange or yellow tint. Not many 1x CR123A Hi CRI rotary flashlights available these days.... in fact HDS is the only one I know of.

Oh yes also "because Hogo is a cruel enabler" LOL

Last edited:

Strintguy

Enlightened
I also bought a 3 o'clock high HDS Rotary, but to save on international shipping, it's waiting for me at my brothers on the US... only 6 days to go... sweet torture

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was considering Eagletac D25A, but it's hell to get to Europe.

Man, what are you talking about? :)

1. https://eu.nkon.nl/flashlights/eagletac-flashlights-33/eagletac-d25a-clicky.html
2. https://eu.nkon.nl/flashlights/eagl...gletac-d25a-clicky-titanium-edition-2017.html

They are out of stock right now, but all you need is to enter your e-mail there and wait for resupply. And if you write to info<eta>NKON<dot>nl, you may learn when that resupply is expected to happen. They are very helpful people.

Last edited: