What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Coolhand68

Newly Enlightened
Recenly purchased an Elektrolumens Decree and a Surefire E1L. I wanted the Decree because it's listed as a good thrower at over 300 lumens with respectable burn time. For the price it seems like a good deal. I was trying to find a Malkoff M60 or M61 drop-in for my Surefire 6PL, but no luck.

I already own an E2L and wanted something slightly smaller for pocket carry, so the E1L seemed to make the best sense. Long battery life, decent brightness and two settings. Don't need much more than that.

My next purchase will be an RA Clicky. Gotta see what all the hubbub is about. :)

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Nitecore EZ 123 R2 for my boyfriend. It's currently on its way from Jay at Lightjunction. It is for his birthday. I also bought him a Fenix PD30 R2.

:thumbsup:Your bf has got himself a keeper!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Peak Eiger #4 Cool 10440, Medium, Keychain body in Aluminum HAIII. I originally wanted SS but did not want to wait a month for it. It works out because I feel guilty for scratching SS or Titanium lights, and am relentless on Aluminum. I wanted the option of using a AAA cell, being able to buy a momentary clicker in the future by unscrewing the keychain, or twist to a tripod by using the exposed tail. The #4 so I have some usable light that is not too weak but not too strong, so a balance between brightness and runtime. The Medium I hear has the best spill/throw from others feedback so I thought I'd try it for myself, and the tint is supposedly one of the best looking tints available... we will see. Still waiting for it in the mail.... (it feels like it is taking FOREVER!!!) :crazy:

Last edited:

datan

Newly Enlightened
The last one I bought was a Fenix TK12. I needed a bright light I could rely on as I was invited to a low-light/ night shoot and needed something to flood the range in the bush and have a decent throw on it.

Since buying it I have 'invested' in a Quark Ti AA Tac and a Quark Ti 123-2 Tac, and a AA-2 coming, and looking for a 123-1 Tac :whistle: LOL !!! All this in the last couple of weeks lovecpf

I have a nice Norwegian friend who is advising me of these matters and I am trying to resist temptation as much as possible. But damn this winter light in Sydney is not helping :huh:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Quark AA^2 XPG Neutral White on order... haven't received shipment notification of it yet though.

Planning on getting a Quark Mini AA in Neutral White soon, and a NiteCore D10 in neutral (they call it warm) as well in the next few weeks.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a Liteflux LF2XT. I bought it because I already had one... so I knew how good it was. It is so versatile & amazing that I had to have another one.

Tripwik

Newly Enlightened
My latest purchase was a Lumens Factory Seraph SP-9 3-Mode Led. I got it mainly as a toy because I liked the endless mod options. Most of the parts are interchangeable with my Surefire C2 and there are more bulbs sold by Lumens Factory that can bump the 250 lm output up to 950 lm!

I have realized over the past year that I have a healthy obsession with flashlights and now I have found a whole community witht the same!!

Thanks CPF!!!

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Muyshondt Aeon. In the "Flashaholics Must Have List" thread by RichS, I'd voted for the Muyshondt Nautilus. Due to the "must be available" restriction, the Nautilus didn't qualify. Someone mentioned that the Aeon might still be available. So I checked around and lo and behold, Brightguys still had them for sale! Happy day since I'd originally wanted the Nautilus in aluminum but was only able to get the Ti version. The Aeons from Brightguy are aluminum so I ordered one each in Natural and Black. Should get them by this weekend. Hubba hubba!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a Liteflux LF2XT. I bought it because I already had one... so I knew how good it was. It is so versatile & amazing that I had to have another one.

Who/where did you order it from? I've been looking around for someone with one in stock but have come up empty so far.

Any info would be a great help. I love that narrow, throwy beam of the LiteFluxes...

On the other hand, anyone know of a source for an LF5XT?

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
An extra Quark Ti AA Tactical back in January of 2010. I am running it with a 3-9v head with a 14500 cell for max brightness out of a very small package.

Essentially I haven't found anything that excites me enough to want to purchase anything new since then. The Ti Quarks have the XPG-R5 LED and for EDC, I have found that even now, nobody is talking much about any S2 bins. I guess everyone is scared of cannibalising their R5-based flashlight sales. The new nitecores' Infilux series has my attention, but it doesn't look like they will be available much before the Fall. I am looking at an Olight M20S (not for EDC though), since 4sevens has gone completely dark on the availability of any new lights from him..

Well, it's been a slow summer (for me anyways), not much to get excited about unless one likes the SST/MCE monster lights - which I don't. Just give me the brightest, longest running single LED in a single AA form factor, that's what gets me excited, because I carry one every day.

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Peak Eiger #4 Cool 10440, Medium, Keychain body in Aluminum HAIII. I originally wanted SS but did not want to wait a month for it. It works out because I feel guilty for scratching SS or Titanium lights, and am relentless on Aluminum. I wanted the option of using a AAA cell, being able to buy a momentary clicker in the future by unscrewing the keychain, or twist to a tripod by using the exposed tail. The #4 so I have some usable light that is not too weak but not too strong, so a balance between brightness and runtime. The Medium I hear has the best spill/throw from others feedback so I thought I'd try it for myself, and the tint is supposedly one of the best looking tints available... we will see. Still waiting for it in the mail.... (it feels like it is taking FOREVER!!!) :crazy:

I finally canceled my order from PEAK today. I needed this light for my camping trip and was left EXTREMELY disappointed. Curt told me that it would make it way before the trip. I come back from my 5 day trip, and still no light. So I called today and they said it hasn't even been built yet. :wtf:Getting all hyped up over this light only led to disappointment. The feeling of coming home excited every single day to see if my package arrived only to see that there is nothing there. Noone called, no email, no courtesy warning, nothing. Curt could have told me ahead of time, but nothing. He said he will ship it in the next couple days, and here I am the next MONTH empty handed. Way to let your customers down PEAK. :( It is a shame, really. All the excitement and hype for nothing. Congratulations on losing a potentially loyal customer... :shakehead

Brigadier

Enlightened
Just bought a Fenix MC10 Blue. My youngest son saw one on display @ the NW CPF get together and said he really liked it. His 12th birthday is the 14th, so he is getting one for his birthday.

And a ticket to go with me to see RUSH in concert. :thumbsup:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc6 and she is perfect:thumbsup: Even more so now that she has a R4 5B1 neutral white xp-g :D

#2 from the left:
IMG_7368.jpg

Sverre

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a Fenix MC10 Blue. My youngest son saw one on display @ the NW CPF get together and said he really liked it. His 12th birthday is the 14th, so he is getting one for his birthday.

And a ticket to go with me to see RUSH in concert. :thumbsup:

Shoot, going to see Rush *and* getting an MC10 all for the same birthday? That's a *superb* way to celebrate the occasion in my opinion! :twothumbs

I'm anxiously awaiting Rush's concert here at Shoreline Amphitheater on 8-8-10.

Be prepared for your son to want to become a musician after the Rush show! ;) It's a very common phenomenon that has been going on for over 30 years of kids going to Rush concerts and listening to their albums.

It's great to hear of a father introducing his young son to good music played by actual live musicians that put on a good show rather than the drum machine, vocal centric teeny bopper drivel that kids are obsessed with now.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing impressive this time, but yesterday my Skyray R5 arrived. The reason I bought it is I wanted to try one of the DX R5 drop-ins, and it was only a few dollars more to buy the Skyray.

The drop-in is okay (though I've read a few stories about DX's R5 drop-ins falling apart), but I must say the Skyray is very nice indeed. It's a shame it's a rip-off design, but I can't not like it. I may even invest in a better drop-in for it. It's currently neck and neck with my mix 'n' match Solarforce L2 P60-type hosts for looks.

recDNA

Flashaholic
A Moddoo triple R5 and a Moddoo M2-50....because I'm a very sick man.
:broke:

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a Solarforce Skyline I. Why? Because I don't have a dedicated thrower and it was extra cheap (£19.50 inc. p&p) from a well known auction site.