What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Bought a bunch...

Acebeam X45 NW - Got a deal on it and just couldn't pass it up.
Noctigon M43 with XP-L HI V3 3C - this is my 3rd M43. All in different colors and LEDs.
Astrolux S42 - this is going to be a disappointment. Bad reviews already.
4sevens Mini Turbo MK2
MTN quad board with XP-L HI V3 3C - going to replace one of the P60s with the old tpad board.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reordered a Thrunite Archer 1A v3 NW. The previous one has been gifted, but I liked it so much that decided to order it again. Its modes are spaced perfectly and max output with NiMH made it barely warm. Very balanced light.

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight SC5w II. Because I'm a Zebralight fanman. Who you callin' boy?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Klarus FL1A

Realized I don't have a UV light. This one has other light modes in it, plus the lens is shaped in a way to protect your eyes if you accidentally flash yourself while in the UV option.

ewhenn

Newly Enlightened
Skillhunt H03R
2 Sanyo protected 18650 cells

Purchased as an early birthday gift for a good friend going camping/hiking that was going to buy some overpriced black diamond from REI.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no best.

For Camping, or looking outside around the house, light up large areas. Meteor M43 with Nicha 5000k.
For Urban EDC, My Sinner Modded with Mtn Driver, Cresendo ramping UI Firmware, and rare Nichia 219b 9080 (Supre High CRI!) 4500k, frosted narrow optic with trits.
For All around EDC, Hiking, Travel, Light weight, goes in the pool or ocean. Black Boss 35, frosted narrow with trits.
For the Money, Convoy S2+ Modded with 3x 4000k nichia 219c 90+ CRI, Mtn Driver and heatsink. (Does the same thing as the above 2, with nice tint and CRI, and costs WAY WAY less).
For an alternative single battery around the house light, it will be my astrolux SS Modded with Triple 319a 3000k, Ledil Cute optic.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nitecore Concept 1, that I really, really like(tiny 1800 Lumen 18650 light), a new Four Sevens Mini MKII Combo with awesome charger. (Here is a photo of the Knight/Paladin/Mini MKII with Four Sevens spare battery carrier(only 1 Ti, as the other is still in the box,,,
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...ghts/A099E781-580E-41AC-80B1-B4CB061645AC.jpg
Two Titanium Paladins so my Knight/Paladin collection is complete(Why Two you ask? Because when it comes to Four Sevens, one is never enough)...I say jokingly as I realize I have more Pairs & triples of lights than single ones...
Also three Manker E02's(Black, Gray & Red), a Jetbeam UV light, a Jaxman E2L, a. Brass Lumintop Ant, Lumintop SD26, Brass Lumintop Tool, a Second Limited Edition Copper/Stainless Fenix 15th Anniversary light, a gunmetal Solarforce 3P with awesome drop in, a second CPF Italia Cometa (took less than 20 minutes to perform the needed mods), the light was only $5 with the 3P purchase, and another Sportac Nichia 219B drop in. Wow, Until I listed that all out I knew the last two weeks was busy but even for me that is a bit much....

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Reordered a Thrunite Archer 1A v3 NW. The previous one has been gifted, but I liked it so much that decided to order it again. Its modes are spaced perfectly and max output with NiMH made it barely warm. Very balanced light.

I did the same think. Bought on as a gift, "tested" it, and ordered one for myself. The mix of price, quality, levels, output, and battery life, is just right for me.

I keep wanting to try a Zebralight, and I'm sure I'd love it, but I'm already a happy.

autoxer

Newly Enlightened
The last LED light I purchased was a Fenix E05. I needed something that I could carry in my pocket with really minimal size that took a readily-available battery. Needed to have it on my person but not have it be obvious when it was in my pocket. Liked the form factor and definitely like having several brightness levels to choose from. I have been happy with the little E05 so far for this usage.

Stainz

Enlightened
I finally rewarded myself for Pappy's Day by ordering a replacement S-F Titan Ultra for the one I lost. Before that, actually just a few days earlier, I got one of thse zoom-focus 26650 lights for <$12 delivered(Amazon). It included a 5.0 A-hr 26650 protected cell and charger as well as an 18650 sleeve, AAA adapter, the nicely made LED ('XML-T6') flashlight (Light & battery were 'UltraFire' branded.), and lanyard - in a padded bag with no instructions. Advertised at 2,200 Lumens, it may produce a tenth of that. At any rate, left nose-standing for twenty minutes on my desk left it barely warm. It has the 'usual' five functions: hi/med/low/strobe/SOS - and it also tail-stands. I figured it would be an entry-point for a 26650 cell flashlight - and worth it for just the battery & charger! The Titan Ultra is a welcome EDC light - again - although I seem preoccupied with continually checking my pocket to be certain that it is still there...

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Vinh modded Eagletac M25C2vn.50
3400 lumens, 135K lux.
Bought it for the perfect balance between flood & throw, and its smaller size. Runs on two 18650's or two 18350's.
XHP50.2 emitter, my first of these.