What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
Mine was the Klarus G20. Why? Because it was at a great sale price, it has 3000lm with a Cree XHP70 N4 LED with a nice flood and because I'm a Torchaholic. Any other questions?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A 1973-ish 2C Kel-Lite with retro-beam inducing drop in.
pTAJJHu.jpg

Check out the psuedo filament shadows.
Cool, huh?

X0N4Tr4.jpg

vvL6PcH.jpg

Why? If ya gotta ask ya wouldn't understand.

terjee

Enlightened
Zebralight H600Fc Mk III High CRI Floody Headlamp
and
Zebralight SC600w Mark III 18650 XHP35 Neutral White High Intensity

Why? Because lights matter, and we got a good reminder of that yesterday.

A smaller group was heading out for a quick day-trip, about 13km (~8 miles) in mountain terrain. We were set to get back to town before sunset, with hours to spare. Like I always do, I packed a pair of flashlights, just in case. Que the standard "You're bringing flashlights? We'll be back hours before sundown, and it never really gets fully dark this time of year anyway!" (Living in Norway).

Can you already guess where I'm going with this?

About half way, the knee of a member of the group turns bad. Suddenly it's not 7km left, but 23 000 feet left, and there are no easy exits. Long story short, by the time we get to the nearest road and can arrange for pickup, it's pitch black, and the three of us are sharing those two flashlights and a keychain-light.

The lights were an Eagletac D25LC2 and a Klarus XT11S, both served us extremely well, from freshly charged batteries. All my spares were flat-top 18650s though, which which have worked in the XT11S, but not at all with the D25LC2. Having kicked a certain habit with a modern liquid based replacement, we always carry some flat top 18650s, making the Zebralights a good match. We will have spares, even if we forget and don't plan on it specifically.

Advantage of it being pitch black is that we didn't need a lot of lumens, so both cells were around 4V when we got home. Just makes sense to err on the side of caution when things have gotten serious, and since we didn't have spares for both we did just that.

Headlamp chosen for the high CRI, floody version to avoid "bounding ball", and because I often walk as part of a group. Having a single really bright spot where it suits me (using a throwy light) can quickly become uncomfortable for non-flashaholics. Handlight being non-floody version to make them a bit of a match. Will probably add a thrower to the lineup in a while, possibly Klarus XT12GT.

cp2315

Enlightened
Good story terjee! I have a SC600 III HI and love it. Have a Klarus XT12GT and it is a mean little thrower. Sure you will like it.

Anyway, I ordered a Xanes KT keychain light with 350 lumen XPG3 and a 395 nm UV. It looks cute.

... hotlinked photo deleted ... should arrive in a few days.

... hotlinked photo deleted ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Mine was a Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II.

Excellent little versatile light. It's far from a lumens monster, but for many real-world applications it just gets the job done. Really glad I bought it. Wish I had bought it sooner. (And that's not something I usually say about the lights I buy.)

MBentz

Enlightened
Finally pulled the trigger on a Noctigon M43. White with the S4 5D emitters. They are selling at a great price considering the build quality and engineering. Haven't purchased a multi-emitter light since the 47s MMU-X3 came out. I am due for an upgrade. 😁

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just yesterday, a Black Diamond ION headlamp. Small headlamps are very useful. No denying that. But this is possibly the 2nd smallest headlamp in existence. I bought the one with the blue housing. Going to use my Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II as my main headlamp in my BOB, with the ION as a back-up. It's tiny size means it won't even remotely take up too much size.

Sharpie

Newly Enlightened
A Fenix HL55 headlamp.

Heard good things about this one and I need a headlamp for camping and running.

on the slow boat so won't have it for a couple of weeks.

BloodLust

Enlightened
Rayovac Penlight from Walmart.
$3 and 3 lumens.
Almost zero spill. Just perfect when everyone is asleep and for looking into nooks and crannies without the spill bouncing back at me.
Am picking up a couple more.

422d859b-6085-4dcc-831c-d718dfe0d34f_1.0494ab3e23e7d98868a7b69b5745e319.jpeg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Rayovac Penlight from Walmart.
$3 and 3 lumens.
Almost zero spill. Just perfect when everyone is asleep and for looking into nooks and crannies without the spill bouncing back at me.
Am picking up a couple more.

422d859b-6085-4dcc-831c-d718dfe0d34f_1.0494ab3e23e7d98868a7b69b5745e319.jpeg

I just used mine recently and kept marvelling how bright it is.... yet without about being disturbing. Great inspection light as well.

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
Mine was the Klarus G20. Why? Because it was at a great sale price, it has 3000lm with a Cree XHP70 N4 LED with a nice flood and because I'm a Torchaholic. Any other questions?

I received my Klarus G20 and fell in love with it immediately. It is one powerful Flood and I love the twin control buttons which allows me to carry with my thumb on the forward control for general use, or with my thumb on the butt control for tactical use. The fit in my hand is very comfortable. At 62$ from China in one week, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
A second Emisar D4. Already had one in black with XPL-HI. New one will be in grey.

What's not to like about having 4000 lumens in a light the size of a Zebralight SC63.

MiniLights

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased a Klarus mi7 and a streamlight microstream. Originally had my eyes on getting something larger and wading into the world of cr123 and 18650's but I still have some more to learn before making a decision. Excited to get my hands on these two highly regarded lights though!

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased the Acebeam K70 from selfbuilt that he reviewed a year ago. Why? Because I've wanted a K70 since they were announced and my M3XS-UT Javelot is not quite the retina burner the K70 will be. Now, my barely used Javelot is going up for sale.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its been a while ! Picked up a nitecore nu20, niecore f1, and inova x5 !
Wanted a really light headlamp, I can charge with the powerbank, eventually I'll get a solar panel for the f1. I occasionaly pick up an x5 when I see them cheap, cheap and reliable.